Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Family Day Report?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:44 am
Post subject: Family Day Report?Reply with quote

Will you lucky people who were able to go to Family Day tell the rest of us about it please?

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was good fun. i've got a slight hangover already so i won't go into detail. other than to say that it was a beautiful day. alf was a star performer.

hopefully someone else can provide details. i need a bit of a lie down.

paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:49 pm

that foxy he hates his drink

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:25 pm

umm yer mike it was CHOCKERS!
lots of ppl, and it was cold to start off the day, but MAN did it get blistering! that sun came belting down.....

i was workin in the temporary marquee and EVERYONE wanted to buy somthing!! lol but there were good deals!!! lol! (thanx everyone who bought stuff by the way!!)

umm. the players were pretty busy too! all of them were crowded by ppl!

ummmm..... blessing of the scarves was a bit weird! but i think ppl enjoyed it! so thats ok then!

.... umm yer thats prob about it!! membership sales went throu the roof! so its a good yr for the pies!!

hope thats an ok rap up!!!
Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
wait for tuckey and nicki stone
to kick our butts:
COLL VS WEST COAST/COLL VS HAWTHORN
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:38 pm

I reckon it was the best family day ever !!
The weather was picture perfect and it was good to catch up with so many people, its a stress free day thats what i like about it, on match day it gets a bit emotional cause we are all aprehensive about the game ahead in fact on match days it can be bloody nerve wracking...

Mick Malthouse, Jarrod Molloy and Sean Cosgrove all donned the gold wig and had there pic taken wearing it !! Thanks to everyone infact over 50 people paid 4 bucks to have there pic taken wearing our 'WINNERS GOLD WIG' at the time i thought it was a goofy idea but boy what a success and all the dosh went to cheer squad so thanks heaps everyone.

It was good catching up with people from nicks board.and didnt we sing the club song with great passion at the end it was beautiful.It was a great day!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:20 am

Highlight of the Day:
From my 3 year-old daughter, Nathan Buckley, you deserve great congratulations for your manner with kids. Julia had but one wish for yesterday, to meet Nathan Buckley. While she had the privilege of meeting Joffa first (but had a severe attack of the "Shy" bug), she had no hesitation in going straight up to Bucks to say "I saw you on the television", which brought a suitably jovial reply from the One.

The icing on the cake, however, was that later on we were watching the clinics from the Yarra Falls end and Bucks turned around to my eldest daughter to say, "I know you - your name's Julia". THAT made her day, which means it made mine.

(only one quibble for the club: goiven this was a FAMILY day, why was the main entrance one that could not take prams through it???? Nor was there any signage to indicate this, meaning some families lined up for 30 minutes only to be told they had to go to a different gate).

Broadie
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:01 am

Great day, it turned out quite hot.
Had my picture taken in the GOLD WIG.
The blessing of the scarves had four "men of the cloth" -
Anglican, Greek Orthodox, Catholic and a Rabbi who all blessed
the scarves and gave thanks for our Club. One even prayed for a
Premiership. (Can you do that?)
Then they threw holy water.
As foxy mentioned, Alf was the star of the show.
He and Joffa were invited up on stage where Alf led us in a
beautiful rendition of "Everywhere We Go".
Eddie had his son Joe up on stage with him where he seemed quite
at home with all the players.
It was a good turn out.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:24 am

Great story, Broadie! Nice to hear that Nath is a friendly person, and not the arrogant guy others try and make him out to be!!!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:34 am

Definitely a great day - one which started off overcast but soon turned bright and sunny - in fact it was almost too hot at times, especially when having to queue up, which you had to do for almost everything! (But that was a good sign that there were plenty of members and fans there on the day to support the Club - great stuff).

I had some kids with disabilities with me who were in seventh heaven with the number of autographs and photos they received. A big thank you has to go to all the players who kept signing and smiling all day - boy it must be a difficult task and one I don't envy at all! I don't think there was even one moment that there wasn't a sea of kids and people around guys like Jarrod and Lica!

Although all the guys were great I have to mention three players who were especially friendly and and were happy to sign away and smile at the camera - Scott Cummings, Chad Rintoul and Andrew Hill (no.44!). Thanks guys - the kids will be walking on air all week!

And another big thank you to all those involved in setting up and running the day - it was greatly appreciated.

GO PIES!
Marg

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:56 am

Yesterday was a nice day especially for me since I wore jeans because it was raining in Craigeburn in the morning time!

It was good catching up with everyone since it has been 6 months since we all havent seen eachother for about 6 months AND IT WAS EVEN BETTER CATCHIN UP WITH JOFFA, JLC, FOXY AND THOSE 2 CHAMPS OF OURS Scotty Cummings and Mark Richarson obviously and there were some ver PPRETTY GIRLS around to it was like all X-Mas's had come at once!

All in all it was a top day but the only farked up thing was I was sun-burned from the game in Balarat!

They say the population there is about 89,000 but I reckon that's the people showing up from outside of town for a footy game! ;-)

Well go the Pies and I'll speak to you all soon ok!

PS: LUCKY I BROUGHT THE OAKLEYS ALONG YESTERDAY! LOL!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE TURBO!

Melsa5 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:28 am

Another player to add to the Nice player list is Alan Didak. I took my friend's 2 little boys and he was great with them. He even hunted down a pen because our's didn't work. It made their day.

It was a great day, one that they won't forget for a long time.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:44 am

Now that there has been a FAMILY DAY for Melbourne....WHEN ARE WE HAVING ONE IN SYDNEY....Any suggestions??????come on people come up with a BBQue are or a picnic area that we can ALL get to and have a day out ouselves.
Catch you later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
lones 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:30 am

Congrats 2 all the players 4 being so nice. A special thanx has 2 go 2 RYAN SEXY LONIE he let me take 7 photos of him (not half obsessed am I hehehe) Also Scotty Cummings was heaps nice 2. I hope everyne had a great day coz I know I did.  

OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

[This message has been edited by lones (edited 18 March 2002).]

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:54 pm

Rats....wish I could have made it. Until next year !!!!!!

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:11 pm

Did anyone get the rabbi's joke? Or understand it? LOL I am worried that it's me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: