Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mickey Martyn you bumbling dickhead!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:10 am
Post subject: Mickey Martyn you bumbling dickhead!Reply with quote

I hate to come to Sammy Newman's defense, but the only coherent thing that Mick Martyn said last night was the "dickhead question from a dickhead" comment.

Not only was his speech botched, his body language gave me the impression he did not even believe what he was trying to get out.

I was impressed with their president, "Doc". He said the right thing, the right way. He must have wanted to run out and take over as soon as that bumbling dickhead, Mick, opened his mouth. It was painful. And all Mick could do to save himself was have an easy shot at Sam (everyone knows Sam is a bit of a dickhead, and I think Sam took umbrage at the thing, the question was not a dickhead question, it was a good one, one that I wanted to know the answer to).

Now having said all this, I think what Mick Martyn did was a brave thing. I certainly could not have handled it better. I do not even think that, once I realised I had stuffed it up, and the opportunity came up, I could resist having a cheap shot at Sam. But I would have been embarrassed about it (after the fact).

Didn't it piss Sam off though?

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there was any need to answer Sam's question like that. Pretty stupid comment if you ask me.

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:43 am

does anyone else think that martyn looks and sounds a lot like Popeye? perhaps he should have eaten his spinach before he went on

"consectatio excellentiae"
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:14 am

My two year old cousin is a better public speaker than Martyn

In Skob We Trust

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:28 am

I think it was pretty embarrassing during the time that Mick spoke but his presence there was the main thing...thank god Allen Aylett and Ricky Nixon also came on though.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:44 am

martyn looks more like the Toxic Avenger!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:09 am

At least you guys getb to see the footy show.
We get 'Fatty Vautin ' and some other gooses in Sydney,that havent s clue whats going on.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:27 am

Sorry, but Mick looked & talked like an absolute DICKHEAD!

He had nothing important to say, he babbled on and on about nothing and looked really confused. He obviously has no idea and is VERY immature going by his reply to Sam Newman!!!
I dont even know why he bothered to appear on the show as he refused to answer ANY questions. So Mick you FREAK, what was your point?????????????? you HERO.
And as for their PISSY little president, what an absolute WANKER!!! Why on earth did he appear on the show when he also refused to answer any questions??????

Elvira

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:11 am

I'm not sure why he is being canned, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's just because his media image is not what you're used to.

He's a footballer not media personality. Some people can do both, but not Mick Martyn. He obviously wanted to set the record straight on behalf of the players and say that there had been no player meeting and that the reports that Carey's departure from the Roos was a result of player pressure were wrong. He said that and was then not equipped to handle Sam Newman's inappropriate questions.

He would have been wiser to make a statement and leave, but he was a fish out of water and obviously didn't know the 'correct' way to go about that. If Bucks hadn't butted in and changed the subject Sam would probably have suffered another arse over tit.

I hate Mick Martyn with a passion on the footy field, but felt for him last night. He was a footballer sitting amongst a bunch of media wise people trying in a footballerish fashion to deliver a message on a very controversial subject. Talk about Christians to the lions.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:22 am

I'm not sure why he felt he had to go on The Footy Show - he had nothing much to say and isn't a good public speaker anyway. He should've known he'd be hammered with questions similar to what Sam was asking him.

I was proud of Eddie (hope that doesn't sound to condescending, Ed!) with the way he put everything back on track and tried to help out firstly Mick Martyn and then later Dr Alan Aylett. Both guests though were a waste of tv time, in my opinion, as they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:28 am

good analogy mike. poor old mick was pounced on like a pitbull on a poodle by sam the "shock jock," who also tried the same tactics on aylett but with less success. there was only ever going to be one answer to those questions, and that's no comment. what a shallow effort, to continually push for the response that was never going to be forthcoming, despite being told several times that martyn and aylett were not going answer questions of that nature. and how hypocritical - sam is not exactly the most innocent of people; in fact he seems to revel in his notoriety.

I also nearly spewed when caroline wilson was asked on "a current affair" about her thoughts on carey before and after the incident. what passes for journalism these days? it's like, "I thought the world of him before but now I'm very disappointed." disappointed?? what does having an affair got to do with being a footy player??? I think a lot of people, and esp. the media, have imposed their own moral judgements on carey when they shouldn't have! hey, bill clinton and our own future king, prince charles, were adulterers too!

"consectatio excellentiae"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 15 March 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:28 am

Good to see you back elvira.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:09 pm

I'm surprised that no-one's rung up Bruce and asked him what he thinks of Carey - or have they.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:32 pm

I have to say that last year I saw a program on 7 that had Mick going through his house and generally being a good bloke. Which I think he is.
Last nights charade was exposed as the PR stunt it was. When Sam said "I've got one more question to ask you Mick, if you don't mind" Aylett chimed in "He does mind"
That was the problem. Mick, despite his saying that he was there "off his own bat" had been put up to this, then to make matters worse the club Prez was behind the screen. A no win for Mick and his body language showwed it.

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

Elvira7 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:57 am

Good to see your original Picture back on Nicks board Joffa!!

Elvira - Always Proud & Passionate

[This message has been edited by Elvira7 (edited 18 March 2002).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: