Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Williamstown Teams vs Sandringham - Saturday 19th May

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Didcos435 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:14 pm
Post subject: Re: Sandy GameReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
JAJH wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Lost the game when we lost the toss and Sandy kicked with a howling wind in the first quarter. Down about 3-4 goals at quarter time which was the difference in the end. Best quarters were the second half of the second quarter and the third quarter when we were starting to catch up. Sandy proved what a good side they are in the first 10 minutes of the final quarter when they stretched out their lead (another premiership beckoning). My take on the Willy players:
Egan: Started on the bench but came out like a house on fire. Got caught out from a tackle from behind and brought to ground. Did not look serious so am surprised it could be an ACL joint.
Ben Reid: Poor first half but redeemed himself somewhat in the second half playing from half back. Very casual approach. Very young and needs to add more intensity to his game.
Brown: Very disappointing. Appeared soft at times for a player built like a tank. IMO should spent some time in reserves to learn playing with men.
Wellingham: Soft at times but at least has the excuse of having a small body up against the more experienced bigger boned Sandy players. Needs to get more consistency into his game.
Cox: Up and down most of the game. Gave away some crucial free kicks resulting in Sandy goals. Needs to get back to earlier form.
Wakelin: Outstanding game showing great leadership to the younger group. Shows up what a stupid decision Richmond made with Gasper.
Cook and Stanley: Both played exceptional games from half back against players of the class of Robertson and Pickett who were being fed the ball by a dominant Sandy midfield.
Iles and Nicholls: Not disgraced but overwhelmed by the more experienced Sandy midfield.
Richards: Big disappointment. Expected him to show something in the last quarter when the game needed to be won but lacked any intensity at the ball. His body looks to have matured so no excuses now. IMO Meyer has move ahead of him. God help us if Fraser and Bryan fall over.
Martin Clarke: For a player just learning the game he has a bright future. Never gave up. Still getting caught with the ball but will learn those evasive skills in time. Put some of the efforts of others to shame.
Greene and Johnson: By far our best Willy players. Expect both to be playing next week's interstate game at Port Melbourne.
Williams: Another good game although needed to go back at times to support the besieged Willy back-line. Featured in a couple of good Willy goals in the last quarter.
Limbach: Needs to fly the flag if he wants another go at AFL football next year
Rose: Showed the necessary intensity required to play a side like Sandy although only has a small body (Brown, Limbach, Wellingham and Richards should take note)
Picken: Another small bodied player who tried his heart out against more experienced better talented Sandy players
Ben Davies: Unsighted (assumed he didn't play).

Excellent report, couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, Nathan BROWN continues to be unimpressive for a guy who was drafted as a 1st round pick. REID will be good in time and good to see STANLEY hitting a bit of form. Overall, I didn't think Willy put up enough of a team effort to win the game, they relied on individuals to do the job. Once again the umpires in my opinion were very ordinary, I don't think I would be exaggerating if I said Sandy got around six goals from frees in the forward 50.

So Far Sounds we got the Wrong Brown but Hopefully Nathan is Having a Slow Start and Later in the Year show what he is made of

Sounds like he needs a confidence boost. Maybe it's time to get him away from full-back and move him up the ground, let him have a little bit of fun, and get the footy directed at him.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

have to agree with the report so far, though I thought Richards had a good game for us, he wasn't alone in dropping off in the last quarter, there were some tired and lazy efforts to man up (with credit to Sandy who were great at creating space for themselves.)

I thought Reid was fantastic today good thing about him, and something you want to see with all kids, is that he improves a little each week. Once he gets some muscle on the arms so he's a bit stronger in the mark it will be great to see him.

Brown's pace continues to be a worry for me, a lot of people are saying he doesn't intimidate in contests but he is slow to get to most of them. But faith in the club and the kid so hope he goes on to get better and learn more (good at times to see Wakes get to him and give him a chat and tell where he needs to be etc)

As for coxy and free kicks, the main ones he gave away were soft at best and I mean at best.

The first free kick that robertson got he went down threw his arms out and actually screamed like he'd been shot and he took the kick next to me on the boundary and I questioned what the girly squeal was all about and that he was a better footballer than that and shouldn't he have some pride and want to earn his kick. His response was "haven't you heard of the chopping the arm rule" to which I told him when you get your arms chopped then we'll talk about it, and its hard to chop your arms when you are throwing them out in front of you and screaming like a girl to cheat a free kick. And I was serious as I actually thought he was better than that and his dive put Lloyd to shame. And he showed in some efforts that he doesn't have to do that, shits me that he obviously threw himself to ground and to do it with a scream right in front of me, you aren't getting away with that without me letting you know about it.

And Sautner didn't have to earn a kick at all today kicked 3 and had two handed to him that nobody has any idea what for.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:20 am

Coxy had injections to his crook leg prior to the game and under those circumstances i thought did quite well, Wellingham was his usual mennacing best in the second half.
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:56 am

kids coming along well.

great to see Stanley starting to step up. people forget that he was recruited as a bottom age. He really should have only been drafted last year.

dont worry about Brown - bigger kids always take more time. He is certainly not timid and he has great closing speed. suspect he is still getting over his injury.

Nicholls - deserves another chance and good to see him continue to fight it out. will slot nicely into a BP in the seniors shortly.

Egan - kid is class as we all saw in the first qtr v Adel. Lets hope his injury does not slow him down. We need him.

Richards - look out son the delist train is on its way.

Its hard to know who is going to get delisted this year. Suspect at this atge only Richards and Davies look sure things. I thought Cook and Stanly would be the next two but both have improved. Burns and Buckley also look like they may go around again. Wakelin is probably over.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm

What about Lonie? what is his story is he injured?
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:34 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Coxy had injections to his crook leg prior to the game and under those circumstances i thought did quite well, Wellingham was his usual mennacing best in the second half.

That's where I disagree - having to juice up prior to a game. FFS, he's injured going in, so let's just numb it up a bit and run the risk of a long-term injury!

IMO, if Coxy was injured come game time, he shouldn't have played. Where is the duty of care to the players? Then again, being a CFC listed player, any permanent, career ending injury he could have received would have been (financially) covered by Collingwood, not Williamstown.

Hooked
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:11 am

Good to hear Stanley was amongst the best again. Sounds like he is starting to string a few together.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:51 am

Thanks for the reports lads, appreciated
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:47 am

Dale61 wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

That's where I disagree - having to juice up prior to a game. FFS, he's injured going in, so let's just numb it up a bit and run the risk of a long-term injury!

IMO, if Coxy was injured come game time, he shouldn't have played. Where is the duty of care to the players? Then again, being a CFC listed player, any permanent, career ending injury he could have received would have been (financially) covered by Collingwood, not Williamstown.

I agree mate, i was watching Coxy on the ground doing warm ups before the game and it was evident the leg wasn't right, i went to the Willy doctor and told him Coxy's leg aint right, obviously the leg is ok just creating some nuisance discomfort thing, as the game went on Coxy seemed ok so all is good!!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:35 pm

thanks for the report!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:43 am

thankyou for the reports fellas.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:41 pm

really good to see that Stanners could have another top game, especially on a quality opponent in Russell Robertson. When he was starting to get on top Stanners was moved on to him and shut him down.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: