Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Carey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:59 pm
Post subject: CareyReply with quote

Anyone who writes off Carey is foolish IMHO (gee I'm a dork using computer terms). His preseason this year has proved he is back and you should watch his performance against Hawthorn.

Ricky Nixon remarked this is the fittest he has ever seen Carey and a year off will see him refreshed with at least 3 years left in him.

His character has been tarnished by 1 or 2 incidents. Yes it was dodgy what he did to Mrs Stevens but everyone make mistakes (even me).

He would add so much to our team. He could play at CHB or CHF and would complement Nathan with his leadership skills to the younger players.

However I have a gut feeling he will be back in the Kangaroos jumper this year.

In Skob We Trust

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right Ro.

I'd love him at the Pies, but I think he belongs at North. I hope he makes it back.

Colours are an illusion. There is only black and white.
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:40 am

I'm glad that ricky nixon cleared up the case that it was carey who quit and not the kangaroos players who voted him out, as was the popular opinion. I don't think players (or fans) have the right to oust any player or coach from a team; it's up to the club, or the player himself. however, this raises the questions, had carey not quit, would he have been fired? would stevens, archer and co. quit, or would they have played on with carey? as pros, I think they would have done the latter.

but, did you notice the glint in eddie's eyes when nixon jokingly mentioned about the possibility of carey "leading the magpies to a premiership?" my gut feeling is that, should carey decide to make a come back and should he choose the pies, they would pick him up in a snap. OK, so it might be extremely difficult to fit him in to our team, but that's why Mick, Balmey and co run the team, and we don't.

I don't believe carey will retire. as nixon alluded, he is at his fittest for a while. after sorting out his personal matters, he will have the desire to somehow prove himself again in the eyes of the fans and his fellow players. he'll definitely get the itch to pull on the jumper again - just look at michael jordan.

if he does retire, so be it. if he goes back to north, I'll be happy for them, particularly for their fans; also I won't bag c'wood for failing to snag him. BUT if he does come to c'wood, I will support the club 100% and applaud and cheer carey, and hope he and Bucks leads us to a premiership.

"consectatio excellentiae"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 15 March 2002).]
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:24 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Eddie don't do it! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:59 am

I agree Kristin5 we dont need the SOB with the pies.....we have a good team now....why stuff it up

Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:56 am

Sod Carey ...

So ... all those of you who would like King Wank on the list ... would you like to list the players you'd be willing to cut from our list to fit Wankeroo Boy into our salary cap?

Signing that over-rated has-been would be lunacy.

Actually, here's my prediction:

Carey will play in Round 1 ... and he will play for the Kangaroos ...

And Allen Aylett will be pissing himself laughing at all the new members, including supporters of other clubs, that his putrid excuse for a football club managed to sign up as a result of the Big Carey Scam.

And Anthony and Kelly Stevens and Sally and Wayne Carey and Archer and Sav and Micky Martin and the rest of the crap that plays for that dirt bag of a club will have a bloody big party and exchange lots of laughs at how they saved their desperate pathetic arse for one more year by conning the football public of Australia.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:10 am

Carey wont play for anyone for very long - imagine his first game against north?

- Carey hits the deck
- Carey taken out at the throw-in
- Carey down after the kick in

get the picture?

as for having him at Collingwood, I don't doubt him as a player, I think he's in great form, and while it's not for the media to make judgments on his personality, the recruitment officer at Collingwood will make a jedgment, and decide it's not worth the money...

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....

[This message has been edited by Brown26 (edited 16 March 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: