Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bring Back The Ugly Pack.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugsville 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 11:16 am
Post subject: Bring Back The Ugly Pack.Reply with quote

Do you guys catch the article in the age about rule changes for at least the ansett cup. They want to penalizse players for taking possession of the ball once they are on their knees or prone. I think things could be a bit rushed. With the advent of roofed stadiums and the general superior drainage surfaces you willnot see the old mud bath anymore. Now while I admire the high flying and skills that can be shown with dry perfect conditions I also admire the guts and determination that can be shown in the mud. One of the true great things about Australian rules is the sheer variity in the game, different sized grounds, different conditions, different physical types of players, different styles of playing the game. It is a great thing that Aussie rules can reward such different styles of endeavours. I am bit worried about this hunt to get rid of ball ups, the ugly pack, wet weathear. Next we will have a mercy rule like american baseball. We almost have it by default now, as the televison station enforce their own version. The traditions of the game, like never leaving early, going come sleet and wet water, braving theouter are being taken away. Now "they" are after the ugly pack. The reductions of ugly packs will reduce ball ups, true ruckmen and true rovers are being hounded out of the game. Wet weather football and ugly packs while not always present are part of the character of the game that give players a chance show some character. Roofed stadiums alway deny the crowd to show some character. TV coverages that leave one sided games also deny the true fan going the distance win, or lose, or lose really badly. Ok the piont, proposed rule change : players to be penalised for taken possession once they are no longer on their feet. (only able to knock their ball on) Are you guys aganist or for this.

I SAY BRING BACK THE UGLY PACK. AGAINST.

pugsville.

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 1:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a stupid cliche, but I'll add it anyway, If it ain't broke then don't fix it. What a silly rule!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: