Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Williamstown Teams Vs Frankston - Sunday May 13th - Mothers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No Medhurst did not play

Collingwood players who did play were

Christopher Egan
Nathan Brown
Ben Davies
Ben Reid
Danny Stanley
Ryan Cook
Tyson Goldsack
Sharrod Wellingham
Martin Clarke
Daniel Nicholls
Guy Richards
Leon Davis
black&white blood 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:13 pm

good to see cook and stanley play well after a slow start to the season
david975 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:02 pm

did shannon cox play?
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:25 pm

was rested
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:04 pm

Onya, Stanners. Apparantly, he was the youngest of the 2005 Draft.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:38 pm

How can someone kick 8 goals and not get named in the best?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:52 pm

He was the 5th best, although you would think 8 goals would get you a bit higher
xtcc 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:19 pm

3 votes in the AFL
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:26 pm

dalyc wrote:

Remember though, it's Andrew Williams, THE Andrew Williams that used to play for Collingwood.

Couldn't get the hard ball then, can't get the hard ball now. He just feeds off everyone else and makes the most of it.

I wasn't at the game, so I'm curious to read how someone like WKB or JAJH saw Hotty's game.

Hooked
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:13 pm

Dale61 wrote:
dalyc wrote:

Remember though, it's Andrew Williams, THE Andrew Williams that used to play for Collingwood.

Couldn't get the hard ball then, can't get the hard ball now. He just feeds off everyone else and makes the most of it.

I wasn't at the game, so I'm curious to read how someone like WKB or JAJH saw Hotty's game.
Yeah, curious Hottie wasn't named a little higher, but then you have to ask the question, if he kicked 8 goals, how good was the delivery? I thought he played very well today other than the 8 goals..did lots off the ball, tackled well, chased, etc. He deserved to be a little further up the scale. Stanners played the best game I have seen from him although his delivery still needs some work, nowhere near AFL ready. R. COOK is also showing some consistency, with a bit of luck may get a senior run later in the season.REID also played the best game I have seen, presented well, kicked a couple, but his marking and kicking skills also need work. GOLDSACK was BOG for me today, at the risk of sounding biased, his style of play reminds me of my young bloke. Goldy really has a red hot go at everything he does..a real star in the making. I noticed a few guys here reckon he's ready for AFL, but don't forget he has only played half a dozen VFL games and has been in the best twice...to me not quite setting the house on fire just yet. BROWN, still not ripping it apart, looks slow and lost at times. I know I have said that previously, but seems to be doing the same each week. Leon DAVIS played a serviceable game, nothing outstanding..did plenty of smart things. Overall, a very good, solid performance from most of the team. Frankston are a stand alone team, so in my opinion any team that has no AFL affiliation should not get within 10 goals of a team that fields 10-12 AFL listed players, which was about the difference in the end today.
jabso#5 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:24 am

Well Port Melbourne have no affiliation and have put together a pretty good team. Franga though are hopeless.
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:33 am

Having watched the game from a vantage point of about 3 foot to his left I didn't see the game much differently than JAJH. I think Williams work when the ball is on the ground is great at Williamstown, was most of last year and has carried it on. Playing more like he did when he first came to Collingwood (albeit in a lower league). And talking about him having it handed to him, he is playing almost out of the square or between fullforward and CHF leading out so you'd like to think the forwards are getting it delivered to them and they are essentially recievers.

Agree that Goldsack was BOG, much like Daisy, please no one tell this kid he's as light as he is (for a KP player) cause he goes hard and I mean hard at every contest. Knows when to stay back, knows when to run off and has some incredible evasive skills.

Danny Stanley - was the best game i've seen him play since he's been at the pies and hopefully is a glimpse of what we will get consistently, played off the half-back line all day and showed his strength but also ran off really well.

Cook - has been pretty consistent this year and deserves to be looked at by Mick. The problem is you are never quite sure where his best position is, he's got a knack for goal so you would say half forward but this year has shown run that means a spot on the wing wouldnt' be out of order.

Nicholls - Had a good game, really hasn't put a foot wrong since his debut against West Coast. At times decision making is off but his workrate almost more than makes up for it, a bit like Licca with pace in that sense (though don't think i'm putting him into Licca category at this early stage of his career, just a comparison)

Richards - I thought he was good today, worked hard at the centre bounces but more importanly he got around the ground, was in the places he needed to be when he needed to be there. Dropped back into defence but was able to provide a link target at times in the middle when the ball shot out of defence.

Leon - Worked all day, showed he's certainly a class above VFL with some of his quick thinking. What I think may have impressed the coaches today was that he didn't drop his bundle and go lazy. It was probably his one percenters today that I liked the most, just little shepards and tackles and nudges and chasing to make a contest, showed he was willing to work hard.

Wellingham - Started off reasonably well but dropped off a bit as the game went on. Not sure if he had some bench time in the middle of the game but didn't really notice him. Can't say he had a poor game in that he made a tonne of errors just didn't notice him that much.

Davies - After a slow start he really came into the game and provided some great run and linking play from defence, ended up being one of better players in my opinion.

Clarke - I like the boy, he does some smart footy things that blokes playing the game 10 years don't do. Little tap ons etc just indicate a footy brain. And the exciting thing and i'm not ashamed to say i'm excited about him as a footballer, is that he will only improve out of sight. And that is from a level now where he is looking more than a comfortable VFL level player. I think there is a bright AFL future for marty clarke.

Egan - Almost a classic Egan game, not sighted then bobs up with some good things. Lazy disposal at times but that is something he needs to work on anyway in my opinion. Clearly didn't do enough to be an obvious choice to go up if we make changes. I bet he's regretting last Saturday night.

Reid - Totally agree with JAJH, easily his best game so far. While he still didn't blow the game apart himself, he presented well, did some smart things, worked hard with the ball at his feet (which I like to see from all forwards personally). The other main thing he kept up his workrate over the four quarters. Seems to need to be a bit stronger in the mark (though seems to lose them when he's got a couple of yards on his opponent, not sure if its a mental thing that he goes a bit easier in the grab knowing he won't be spoiled) but he will get bigger in the arms so its barely a concern.

Brown - Did some ok defensive stuff but while I have faith in what he apparentely can do, I'm yet to see it. I sound like a broken record but he looks very slow, he's ready built for league football in his size but they are playing up back on his speed of the mark doesn't look that great, gets lead to the ball. Some positioning choices also seem to be wrong, whether this is just not knowing your opponent and how he plays so being on the wrong side of them etc. I'm not overly concerned at the moment but its seems to be the same thing of being beaten for pace that keeps cropping up.

And from a purely Williamstown perspective, the Limbach/Williams combo is going to worry more than a few defences this season, it's exciting to watch.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:36 am

Stand alone teams also have a higher salary cap, and an exemption for players returning from a stint interstate.

So, theoretically, a stand alone team can pay the dollars to put together a decent team.

Port are heading in the right direction; Frankston seem to have taken a backward step.

Hooked
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:02 am

Dale61 wrote:
Stand alone teams also have a higher salary cap, and an exemption for players returning from a stint interstate.

So, theoretically, a stand alone team can pay the dollars to put together a decent team.

Port are heading in the right direction; Frankston seem to have taken a backward step.

It's true with Frankston but as much as I hate them as a footballer it probably is a more attractive proposition then going to the Dolphins. Once that team gets full cohesion they will worry a few. Not only are they ex-AFL players but they are players who've all played good footy already at VFL level, and the thought of that makes me sick.
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:26 am

well you would expect frankston go back a few steps after losing Edwards who kicked 100 goals and won the VFL B&F
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: