Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wayne Carey forced to Retire?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:11 am
Post subject: Wayne Carey forced to Retire?Reply with quote

I just heard on MMM radio that Wayne Carey was involved in an
altercation with a teamate at a party and may be forced to
retire over the incident.
I wonder what he did?

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably called some one a BASTARD???????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:42 am

Peter, I think you've misunderstood a post somewhere along the line.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:44 am

All the media are at Nixons office waiting for the press conference.
It would be nice if he would become a pie?

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****

[This message has been edited by magpie24 (edited 13 March 2002).]
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:21 pm

WHOA....just heard on the news the altercation is between Carey & Stevens..a personal issue.....mmmmm maybe this rumour is true?

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:44 pm

Juicy stuff!
Just picked up the rumour that Stevens wife was involved. Well Wayne has got a record of gropping hasn't he?

Think I might try and find some norf websites and look at them self-destructing!!

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

paulie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:55 pm

good old northmelbourne there on each others wives north melbourne will be divorced just you wait and see

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:13 pm

CAREY QUITS ROOS
7:19:42 PM Wed 13 March, 2002
Samantha Lane
afl.com.au

Kangaroos captain Wayne Carey has quit the club, and for 2002 at least, AFL football, following an incident over the weekend that enraged his teammates Glenn Archer and Anthony Stevens and left him on the outer with the rest of the club.

A clearly shattered Carey, battling back tears, announced his resignation at the Melbourne office of his manager, Ricky Nixon and read from a prepared statement.

"The matters leading to the statement I’m about to make are of a personal nature and I will not discuss them.

"For the well being of all concerned I have taken the decision to cease my career with the Kangaroos. I regret the circumstances of my actions which has led to the decision and the pain it has caused to my wife and to my family.

"I apologise to all of my teammates and all the Kangaroos supporters, however I believe that this is the only proper and responsible course of action. Thank you."

Shortly afterwards, Kangaroos chairman Dr Allen Aylett also read from a prepared statement, this time at the club’s Arden Street headquarters.

"We need to make you aware from the outset, that the club will not comment on personal issues relating to individuals.

"I ask you to respect this position.

"Sadly the club accepts Wayne Carey’s decision to cease his playing days with the Kangaroos.

"Wayne has had an outstanding career with the club and his decision will affect us all.

"But I want everyone to know that our club, the North Melbourne Football Club – the Kangaroos - will remain united and strong and get on with our business.

"We will continue to deliver to our members and supporters the high standards expected of us on and off the field.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it’s been a long day for the Club. Thank you."

Carey fell out with his long-time teammates following a series of events that occurred over the weekend at a party hosted by Archer. Stevens and Archer failed to attend a compulsory training session the next day, sparking an internal investigation by the club.

Matters came to a head late on Tuesday night and further meetings on Wednesday led to Carey’s departure from the club. It is believed that the Roos were left with a choice between losing Stevens and Archer, or losing Carey.

The Kangaroos called a meeting of all players at 6pm at Arden Street at which the decision was handed down. They then left the meeting with their heads bowed, clearly shocked at the news and offered no comment.

Earlier, Nixon met with Aylett, club chief executive Michael Easy and football manager Geoff Walsh to discuss their options.

Not present at any meeting was coach Denis Pagan, who has forged an incredibly close relationship with Carey, stretching back to their days with the all-conquering Roos under 19 side in the late 1980s. Pagan was unavailable for comment last night.

Carey, 30, played 244 games for the club, is a dual Kangaroo premiership captain (1996 and 1999) and considered to be the heart and soul of the club, as well as its most marketable player. He made his debut under John Kennedy in 1989, but emerged as a superstar in 1993, Pagan’s first as coach of the club.

He is a four time club best and fairest, seven time all-Australian player including four as captain, and a five-time leading goalkicker at Arden Street.

He joined the club from North Adelaide, however is a product of Wagga where he somehow failed to attract the attention of Sydney, which at the time was supposed to hold a mortgage over all the emerging talent from New South Wales.

Speculation is already rife that after 12 months out of the game, Carey will be tempted to return to AFL football with Sydney in 2003. Given his New South Wales background, he will prove a huge marketing tool in what is still a developing market for the game.

The Roos are now left to deal with all the fall-out from losing their no.1 player. Carey had a year remaining on his contract and it has not been disclosed as to whether there has been settlement of that.

But the club will have plenty of explaining to do to supporters, sponsors and the AFL, which is the last complication it needs with its membership in a parlous situation and coming off its first losing season in a decade.

Carey also made headlines just over six years ago when a female university student had him charged with assault after alleging that he had fondled her breasts at a nightclub, and Carey later settled out of court when the woman filed a civil suit against him.

Matty 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:17 pm

Don't want him at the pies... pathetic bastard.

------------------------------------------------
Mischief, tomfoolery, heavy drinking
you'll find it all at ahousenearyou.com
------------------------------------------------
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:22 pm

Bloody carey trying to overshadow tubbys retirement

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:35 pm

Well... at last they've decided to dethrone him.... and realised that he really is a wanker...... He's been found out for what he really is like....couldnt have happened to a nicer feller...
Got no sympathy for him.... He got his just deserts......
And I certainly dont relish the idea of having him amongst us....

No Carey the Wanker at the Pies!!!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:37 pm

Latest Rumour, I stress RUMOUR, as follows;

[snip]
[snip]
Archer & Stevens refused to play with Carey anymore, and told the Roos so.
the Roos decided to keep 2 players and Carey took responsibility for his actions. Resignation means that the Roos do not have to pay him out.

The allegation above is a rumour, but is being wideky publicised on all Pies sites.

[All except this one Craig. No criticism of you, but if anything is going to test defamation laws, this will - it's everywhere and at the moment I plan on running scared ... and safe - Mike]

-Craig

P. S. Eddie has apparantly been uncontactable after 4,30 this arvo. maybe the first footy show for the year will have a special guest.

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 13 March 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 13 March 2002).]

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:50 pm

Yep, no worries. I tried to stress it was a rumour, but that maybe not enough to shield the site.

Sorry.

-Craig

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:58 pm

As I said Craig, no criticism of you intended at all.

You're right, it is on all the other sites, not only Pies sites. It will certainly attract legal interest and there's enough exposure there for an enterprising lawyer to test the water and try to apply defamation laws to the internet

If there is any doubt about the truth of this there has been a massive defamation perpetrated all over the internet.

I'm not prepared to gamble the future of the site, just so that we can carry what can be read on any other site.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:03 pm

The whole stinking north melb football club can well and truly go and get STUFFED!!!

Dont forget fellow magpies what them bastards did to our jumper during the pre game lunch at canberra last year!!!

Am i sorry about carey ? nah i couldnt give a rats arse!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: