Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#34 Alan Toovey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usurper 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Something about Toovey doesn't sit right with me... I can't say what, he seems promising. Maybe he seems a bit smug, thinks he's top $h1t.. Im probably wrong. I just compare him to Thomas, who is quite humble, while being confident, and very very team-oriented.

Hard to describe. Good luck to him though, hope he becomes a star for us.
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:33 am

He definitely doesn't come across as thinking he's hot stuff... One of my mates went to school with him and still keeps in touch, and apparently he's well-grounded.

Be good to see him develop over the course of the next couple of years.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:02 pm

The thing I like about this kid is that he never gives up. Very important in the role he has been doing. His pressure is great !

www.facebook/the hybernators
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:42 pm

ad4eva wrote:
he was beaten by Goodwin and beaten by Burgoyne but hey, the amount he would learn from two of the premier mids in the game is just priceless. He would be learning about positioning, when to go and when not to ect.

Hes gonna make some mistakes and have some kicks on him but give it time and let this year be a learning curve for him. He will be a gem.

Yeah exactly, there would actually have to be something seriously wrong for two players as good as Goodwin and Burgoyne to be beaten by a 3-4th gamer. Thought he did a good job on them all the same. He wasnt dominant, and he wasnt disgraced. Its a pretty tough assignment to be given the job on such quality players so early in your career. But its great cos it teaches you to be accountable from the word go, while watching some of the games greats up close. Learning what it takes to nullify a class player shows you what you need to be able to do to be a class player yourself.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Usurper wrote:
Something about Toovey doesn't sit right with me... I can't say what, he seems promising. Maybe he seems a bit smug, thinks he's top $h1t.. Im probably wrong. I just compare him to Thomas, who is quite humble, while being confident, and very very team-oriented.

Hard to describe. Good luck to him though, hope he becomes a star for us.

Got the wrong bloke here, I think. Tooves is certainly not arrogant at all, on the track and on the field he is hardly the most outgoing of players. He's a real goer.

Agree Ryan, he'd be the perfect match for Murphy.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:54 pm

Zakal wrote:
ad4eva wrote:
he was beaten by Goodwin and beaten by Burgoyne but hey, the amount he would learn from two of the premier mids in the game is just priceless. He would be learning about positioning, when to go and when not to ect.

Hes gonna make some mistakes and have some kicks on him but give it time and let this year be a learning curve for him. He will be a gem.

Yeah exactly, there would actually have to be something seriously wrong for two players as good as Goodwin and Burgoyne to be beaten by a 3-4th gamer.

Erm, the Burgoynes play for Port Adelaide, guys. Which game were you watching? Or I think you might mean Burton? Razz

lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:09 pm

will never be a gun...

but then again I guess you can't expect a full team of guns.

on the topic of smugness I get that more from cocky cox than anyone else...

ah well.. most of them seem grounded.. im sure mick will keep them in line
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Usurper, I don't know about you, but I don't get that vibe from Tooves at all. If anything, he seems pretty unassuming.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:43 am

DaVe86 wrote:
I think Toovey should play more of a defensive role than attacking...but then use his pace to work off his opponent. I dont see him as a forward but i think he could become a very solid tagger/bank flanker for us

Agree. And his kicking is far more fluent when disposing of the footy in general play than when having a shot at goal.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:45 am

the_drake wrote:
Love the fact that he has great inside skills... very good pace vs height.. his attack on the footy is ferocious... has been from his first game! When he fills out a bit, with his pace and height... will be a great tagger/run with player.

Kudos to the recruiting dept for spotting Tooves & Cox in a year that a lot of us thought going for Campo would be a good idea!

Don't include me in that!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:49 am

Pied Piper wrote:
Zakal wrote:
ad4eva wrote:

Yeah exactly, there would actually have to be something seriously wrong for two players as good as Goodwin and Burgoyne to be beaten by a 3-4th gamer.

Erm, the Burgoynes play for Port Adelaide, guys. Which game were you watching? Or I think you might mean Burton? Razz

I think they were refering to his apponents over the previous 2 weeks.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:51 am

One of my favourite players. (Says his player president Wink )

All going well so far, still finding his feet, but the signs are all good. Doesn't have the regulation look of footy player with those boggly eyes, but the kid has got game and plenty of heart.

I will put a write up in the player forum shortly. Just need to get down to training to grab a moment with Alan.

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:36 am

Pied Piper wrote:
Zakal wrote:
ad4eva wrote:

hehe no, we were talking about two of the tagging jobs he has got in recent weeks. Pretty sure he completely snapped Burton, but he was still pretty underdone.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 am

lethalburns wrote:
will never be a gun...

but then again I guess you can't expect a full team of guns.

ah well.. most of them seem grounded.. im sure mick will keep them in line

agreed.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Quote:

That's not awful, though, we need a bit of that in a few players. But Tooves definitely isn't one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: