Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Number One Ruckman is ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:46 pm
Post subject: Our Number One Ruckman is ?Reply with quote

Look I dont like to bag any of our Collingwood players. But I think its time to face one true fact - all Steve McKee is going to be at Collingwood is a backup ruckman. He simply does not get enough tap-outs to give first use of the ball to our small players like O'Bree, Holland and Buckley. They always have to fight hard for the ball. Saying this I've come to my own conclusion - Anthony Rocca is the man thats going to have to do the job this year and Steve McKee to be the second string ruckman till a boy called Guy Richards comes along. And I pray its sooner then later.

This takes me to Josh Fraser - I think he will be a Centre Half Forward not a Ruckman. He just reads the play so well and does more damage when he plays there. In the ruck he just doesn't look comfortable. But in saying that, maybe with abit more time he will. Things could change.

So to sum up - Anthony Rocca should lead the ruck this year. Its time for Anthony to stand up.

Josh Fraser should play Centre Half Forward.

Steve McKee - Backup ruckman on the bench

Guy Richards - Dont rush the kid...but he does look good.

What do you think?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say Fraser at CHF would be very damaging, if we can get a ruckman to do a decent job. Rocca is a good ruckman, no dounbt about that, but he can't ruck all day, infact he can't ruck all quarter, no shame on the young man he's been training to be a CHF not a ruckman.

I reckon a very understated ruck is Richardson, rucks better than McKee around the ground, only problem is it takes a lot out of his body. With Cloke coming through now maybe you could have Richo rucking aorund the ground, rocca drifting forwards after the hit out and McKee on the bench to relieve who ever he has to at the time, or replace McKee if Cloke needs a hand down back.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: