Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brisbane VS Freo @ VICTORIA PARK???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:57 pm
Post subject: Brisbane VS Freo @ VICTORIA PARK???Reply with quote

I may have this all screwed up but the AFL page lists this encounter as taking place at Victoria Park.
Since we are playing at Ballarat I guess I'am asking the obvious when I ask why??? Its rare to see the pies play at Vicky park these days so why not have us out there...sorry to Ballarat supporters!!

Louis

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Daicos as a country supporter let me say that the city people have it so lucky. It's a very long, expensive and tiring process travelling two hours down the road each weekend and the two hour trip back which feels like 6 hours when we lose.

I think it's great that the Pies are playing in the country. I'm a big crowd will show. I know when we have an AFL Practice game here in Bendigo we get more than 10,000 people turn up for them so a practice game for a regional area is a big thing and for many people the only chance to see football at the highest lvel for the year.

I think Brisabne playing Freo in Melbourne is to save travel for both sides.

Collingwood going to Ballarat is good for football, good for the country and good for Collingwood and may it be bad for St Kilda.

Fradam Wrote This
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:17 pm

I knew we were playing at bell in a rat but the freo clowns v bris vegas at vicky park what the

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:35 am

Hey I'd even be happy with a Willy game down there just to be at the place again. Its almost sacreligious to have Bris Vs Freo on our hallowed turf!!!!
Either way I'am going to Ballarat.

Louis

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:52 am

Here I am sticking up for us country folk again but it's better to have two Melbourne teams play at Ballarat. You'll get a much bigger crowd at Ballarat for the Collingwood v St Kilda game than if it were at Vic Park. Can't us country people have one itsy bitsy Collingwood game? After all the city folk have 18 real games and 2 wizard cup games. I don't think it's asking much.

Fradam Wrote This
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:17 am

Should be plenty of Magpie fans in Ballarat, because of North Ballarat (are the Magpies too).

Mmm, I might have to think about coming. Have not been to Ballarat for a while, and I do know lots of the faithful over there. Might see you there Joffa ...

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: