Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Williamstown vs. Bendigo Bombers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GW19 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Nice result.
Wellingham must be close to getting a call-up.

Malty admitted as much in the lead up to the Adelaide game. If he had another good game today, has done his chances no harm at all...

Fantastic to see a rookie seriously pushing for selection so soon.
mickyg 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:57 pm

GW19 wrote:
David wrote:
Nice result.
Wellingham must be close to getting a call-up.

Malty admitted as much in the lead up to the Adelaide game. If he had another good game today, has done his chances no harm at all...

Fantastic to see a rookie seriously pushing for selection so soon.

seriously, dont to get to far ahead of yourself guys, he didnt even get a mention today, would have to think Nicholls, Davies and Iles who has been emergency the last 5 weeks would be closer than Wellingham.
most likely will see him in the 2nd half of the year.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Wellingham had a great 1st half went a little quieter in the 2nd but was still solid.

The bloke who should be next call up if they go on form is Goldsack, this kid is the real deal. Smart, skilled, and tough as they come, one attack on the ball late in the last when the game was in the balance was phenomonal. He has the ability to play tight man on man but runs and marks well and has a never say die attitude, if you beat him in a contest then you've earnt it. For me the pick of the bunch this year.

Ried probably had one of his most consistent games and was solid and moving for most of the day, had quiet patches but a combo of just being quiet and poor delivery to the forwards.

I thought for 3 quarters Ryan cook was easily in our best players, was everywhere.

Stanley is a worry, he's tough, no question but goes missing a lot.

Davies played his best game this year and was impressed, if he keeps this up and raises it another level I hope he doesn't get lost in the mix, but he has to keep at this level as there are players in front of him to be fair, but did himself no harm today.

Guy richards rucked all day and was guy richards, not spectacular but not poor, got around the ground reasonably well, dropping into holes etc, but nothing that says he should get a senior game straight away.

Marty clarke continues to impress me, if this kid had been playing footy all his life he'd be tearing games apart, still developing but is good.

Wakes was wakes, solid, couple of times the umpire wanted to make a hero of himself by giving bullsh*t free kicks against him that no one had any idea about.

Sammy Iles had some great run and I thought played ok without being spectacular, but did nothing wrong.

Nicholls was fantastic, ran and harrassed and kicked a couple of great goals, doesn't know the word quit, just keeps going.

Nathan Brown worries me, still looks lumbering and very slow, almost unfit at times. Though did some solid defensive work at times today but he's yet to really impress me.

Watched the second half of the reserves and Mcaffer was good, looks another solid rookie listed player, good size and honest at every contest.

Some decision making from the kids needs to be improved and the disposal sadly is at times a lot like the seniors, not up to a level it should be. Hard fought win though.
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:11 pm

thanks for the report

Dont worry about N.Brown - was in the top 5 over 15 metres at the Draft camp. Probably a little unfit as you say. Has not played a lot of footy.

Also not sure where they played him but he us suited to FB / CHB or possibly CHF.

Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Coin_Toss on Big Footy

Bendigo flew out of the blocks. Even though there was never much in it, Bendigo played like a team who wanted the four points during the first-half, but Williamstown hit the front in the third quarter and were good enough to hold on.

Sam Iles: Good game - ran hard from the back-line, was effective by foot and hand.

Ben Davies: Benny did well. Took a fearless mark going back with the flight and came off second best. Pushed hard both ways.

Danny Stanley: Quiet. Had a chance to assert himself at the contest. Should really be throwing his weight around and putting the fear into the opposition.

Sharrod Wellingham: Quiet, but not disgraced. Will bounce back.

Daniel Nicholls: A good competitor, snuck forward and booted 3 goals, and used it well. I think everyone's perception of him has lowered since he made his debut for Collingwood, but he has fought back.

Ben Reid: Has a long way to go, didn't hold his marks under pressure throughout the final term, covered a fair bit of ground nonetheless.

Tyson Goldsack: Tyson was very good, IMO. I was most impressed with his second and third efforts.

Nathan Brown: Nathan threw his weight around, spoiled well, and seems to have some time to sum up the situation. Got dragged in the first term, but didn't drop his head. Well done, son.

Shane Wakelin: He knows he is on his final legs.

Martin Clarke: Martin was pretty good and used his body well in a contest. Has a spring in his step on the attack. I think he will make it.

Ryan Cook: Ryan tried hard across the half-forward line - not far off from selection.

JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:29 pm

Snoop Dog, without sounding like I am having a go at you, but why would you post up a game report from someone else? Did you go to the game today? If you did, why not critique the players yourself. If not, then I understand. Most of the time, I don't put much credit into what Coin Toss has to say, however on this occasion I actually thought his assessment of the players mentioned was pretty good.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:26 pm

It's always interesting to read reviews from differengt people.
xtcc 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:37 pm

goldsack played with pendles & daisy @ Gipps should get a go
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 pm

i agree with CT in the fact that people have judged Danny Nicholls from the game over in WA.

He has great speed, good skills and ive said a number of times on here he is like Tony Francis.

He should be given another chance.

I get the feeling Benny Reid and Nathan Brown might take a good year to mature and get a gig in the Collingwood side, mainly because Ben is an underage and the youngest listed AFL player and that they both are talls, that play KP. Pretty tough to sneak into the Magpies side as a KP player, theres a few blokes infront of them.

Sammy Iles, Ben Davies, Ryan Cook and Danny Stanley seem to be right on the fringe for selection in the B&W. There just seems to be to many blokes ahead of them for their particular position.

Danny Stanley needs to really go from Gear 1 to gear 3 or 4 by seasons end. I hope the kid can push his way into the best a few times and make a name for himself.

Ryan Cook on the other hand is getting better and better. Like Ben Reid he was an underage last season, therefore u could almost treat him as a 1st year player.

Tyson Goldsack is smashing down the door for selection but where is he going to get in? Barring injuries our backline is pretty settled with plent of talls and medium talls.

Sharrod Wellingham needs a few more decent games before getting a nod infront of Danny Nicholls.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:46 pm

I am Worried about Ried what I have been hearing
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:42 am

DTM, what, exactly, have you heard? Would you care to elaborate? (Elaborate means to explain in detail.)

If I were you, I'd be believing those who actually attend Williamstown games - WKB, JAJH, etc, - in regards to how players go whilst playing for Williamstown.

Hooked
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:14 am

Dale61 wrote:
DTM, what, exactly, have you heard? Would you care to elaborate? (Elaborate means to explain in detail.)

Bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa Very Happy

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:46 am

JAJH wrote:
Snoop Dog, without sounding like I am having a go at you, but why would you post up a game report from someone else? Did you go to the game today? If you did, why not critique the players yourself. If not, then I understand. Most of the time, I don't put much credit into what Coin Toss has to say, however on this occasion I actually thought his assessment of the players mentioned was pretty good.

I appreciate it when people post up comphrensive reviews from other boards (as long as they don't try to take the credit themselves) as I wouldn't get to see them any other way. The more reviews written up the more opinions I can compare to get a balance between the over critical reports and the overly positive write ups.

An example is gohard's assessment of Wellingham as he put him as BOG while 4 other write ups state he was a little quiet. If I didn't get many other writes up I would be misled about Sharrod's ability and where he's at.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:46 am

Dale61 wrote:

If I were you, I'd be believing those who actually attend Williamstown games - WKB, JAJH, etc, - in regards to how players go whilst playing for Williamstown.

just coz u attent doesnt mean ur a good judge.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:27 pm

That is true, scooby, but the two members I mentioned usually are spot on with their match reports, and factor in that WKB, at least, attends EVERY game, his opinion is worth reading.
Hooked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: