Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I will not be silenced

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:14 pm
Post subject: I will not be silencedReply with quote

Just let me add if anyone thinks its ok to come on here and bag the crap out of the collingwood football club..well then i have the RIGHT to come on here and defend my passion and love for this club, Im kinda tired of being made out to be the bad guy when responding to morons who believe they have the god given right to drag this club down.

We are here to SUPPORT collingwood nothing more and nothing less and just because we pay a few bucks for a membership doesnt give us any special priveledges!!
Someone said in a post to be constructive in our criticism i absolutely agree.
I love this club with a passion and to some i may be well overboard and at times a little extreme, I just like everyone else around here want this club more than ever to return to it's glory days i want people to fear whenever they hear the word MAGPIES!!!AND BELIEVE ME IT WILL HAPPEN.

We are our worst enemy when things dont appear to be going right we tend to want to destroy the club and all involved and this behaviour has gone on too long, some years ago the collingwood football club went of track and took us all to new levels of despair and great heartache. Right now the club is rebuilding and it needs our support, it needs all collingwood people to be patient in understanding just how bad we had become and how great we want to be, there are 16 clubs in the competition now which will make it all the harder but not impossible, The club showed last year that improvement has arrived.

For us older magpies this has been a tough time because once upon a time we can remember when this club was in the finals every year, didnt win many premierships but at least we were there.

It was said in anther post i was nothing but an eddie mcguire suckhole, well let me tell yous it is my belief that if eddie didnt walk into collingwood and become president when he did we probably wouldnt be around today.Call me what you like but i really like the guy and love his passion and he will go down in collingwood's history as one of our greatest.

In the last couple of days some of my postings have been tampered with and this has really given me the shits and i sincerely hope this is not the new direction of nicks bullettin board and if any part of this post gets deleted i will simply heed that message and move on elsewhere.

To CQ i have nothing personal against you i have never seen you and i apologise if i went overboard in my reply to you calling this club pathetic.

But people we are all supporting the greatest club in this land lets show a little respect towards it while it endeavors to get back on track and become the greatest power ever seen in aussie rules. At times i get pissed of too, but i would never ever come onto a public bulletin board such as this and air out our dirty laundry against this great club.

The club is not here for us, infact it's the opposite, we are here for the club, it's all about 'loyality' which i must sadly say is dying rapidly in all aspects of our modern day lives.
Lets live up to a verse in our club song...SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER TO UPHOLD THE MAGPIES NAME!!!

Thanks everyone.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No replies to this posting please!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:50 pm

Joffa. Yes your posts have been tampered with. I deleted a post that said "YOUR A DEAD SET ****WIT!!!", nothing more, a great loss. Brown26, I think, removed the word 'bitch' from one of your posts. I'm sure his reason was the same as mine, to try and prevent an inflammatory situation from getting worse.

No you will not be silenced, you will never be silenced on this board, but the rules of behaviour that are applied to everyone else, will also be applied to you.

The one thing that draws all of us to this board and others like it is our love for the Pies. We all have it, but we express it different ways. Optimism, joy, bitter disappointment, disillusionment. The Pies can generate all these feelings and more in us. I don't like posts that are unnecessarily negative either, but there will always be people out there who look at things and react to the bad times differently. We have to be open to all points of view otherwise this forum would become sterile and pointless. Nobody's saying you have to agree and nobody is questioning your right to disagree - you do it so well.

There's a line to be drawn between disagreement and abuse. I love your passion, I love the love that you have the for the Club and I love the way you go in fighting for Collingwood, but that doesn't give you extra rights. A slanging match between two people on the Bulletin Board contributes absolutely nothing of value for the people not involved in the fight. And it's a fight that no-one can ever win, it just ends with bad feelings and unresolved issues.

What's happened? It used to be you that recognised these situations before they arose and took steps to avoid the inevitable show-down - something's changed.

Yes, the direction of this Bulletin Board is uncertain at the moment. We've got a whole bunch of new moderators who are doing their very best to keep this forum on the air and to keep it as a vital and worthwhile forum for all Collingwood fans. They're all new to this and they've all jumped in at the deep end and are learning on the job. The fact that we have a large group of people who all want to do whatever it takes, means that we are going to be inconsistant in moderation style until we settle into some sort of group philosophy. If you don't like this weeks moderators, you only have to wait a few days and someone else will be on. How about cutting them a bit of slack and allow them to the room to learn.

Perhaps this won't work. Perhaps we can't have by the fans for the fans, but I'll tell you what, it hasn't failed yet and I, for one, will do whatever it takes to help it succeed. We're going to need some co-operation from the leaders amongst us. You're one of those whether you like it or not and I'm asking you nicely to please help.

I just saw your request for no responses, but I've just typed all this and I aint chucking it out - sorry.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 07 March 2002).]
Smike10 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:00 pm

Here! Here! Joffa, we must support the club now warts and all
and trust MM to continue to develop the team ( 1999 last, 2000 2nd last & 2001 9th ).

After all we don't have any choice, it's part of the journey that many of us have been on with our Club for years. In my case my Great - Grand Father started as a supporter when the club was formed!

I agree Joffa, it has been hard at times but 1990 made up for the previous 32 years of frustration! Any way let's get real we all know that we are on another upward spiral over the next few years.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:41 pm

Mike - We can make it work if everyone gets along. You have had years of practice at this. Perhaps that is why we need to be harder on people when situations like this arise (for a little while anyway). Mike, you also have the respect of the people who use this baord...something of which,I, nor any one of the new moderators have. We can try to settle it down through warnings and ask for peaceful resolutions but if they won't listen then perhaps we will need to be harsh to begin with.

Just my two cents. And I'm sorry if no one likes the way I moderate...but if we can't learn to get along then sometimes harsh moderating is needed.

JDF
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:51 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you Joel. Moderation needs to be used in moderation. Never forget that are in danger of sitting in judgement on your fellow users and that's a dangerous place to be.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:55 pm

I guess you wouldn't though Mike. Some how I think I should stand down as a moderator. Mike you seem to forget that you have RESPECT...people listen to you. Like I said, I, nor anybody else has that.

First week blues? Who knows. Doesn't help when certain posters make it hard for the moderators.

JDF
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:01 pm

Jesus, I'm busier than a blue-arsed fly.

Come on Joel, you know better than that. A little first week over enthusiasm never hurt anyone and I'm sure that the majority of people will allow us all some mistakes as we get this working.

London Dave, or was it pns, likes a benevolent dictatorship, but we're going one better than that - we're going to do organised anarchy and we're going to make it work.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:04 pm

Okay, okay, I will not go overboard as of now.

JDF
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:29 pm

i just reckon we're all pretty aggravated and impatient for the start of the real season.

most importantly we're all collingwood for life.

chill people.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:29 am

I think we need to keep in mind that the 'conversations' that go on here miss quite a few nuances (gesticulations, facial expresion, tone of voice etc) that one gets in a 'real conversation'. Added to that, you dont get 'instant' responses and clarifications. I know you can stick in those smiley face things, but how the hell you do that is beyond the knowledge of this little vegemite! In real life, things like this are water under the bridge, very quickly. Keep it in mind, sticks and stones stuff if u really think about it (though obviously the profanities need to be 'edited'). as a few people have pointed out, we are all here cos we love the pies. We are LMI's.

we are gonna get, as Mike and others pointed out, problems as we move into 'uncharted waters'. Just go with the flow...everyone will take a bit of time adjusting as this place evolves itself.

If your looking for an out of work benevolent dictator (with pretentions of being an eccentric billionaire), one is moving to Cricklewood in a week and a half. Contact him via my email!!!!!!

and remember,
Life's not Hollywood, it's Cricklewood
(or is that st john's Wood, or collingwood?)

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:07 am

Good post Dave....

Very sound advice.... and I feel it is exactly what Mike has in mind for us as moderators... as he so often points out a good moderator is someone who can distinguish between downright trouble maker and somones passionate views... Thats what I think anyway... and profanities are just that....profanities... and they must not to be tollerated on here.....Anything else...yeah... just go with the flow....

Early days yet..... we'll learn....

And Joffa..... you have every right the same as all of us to post your views here.... Most of us (except for a few) know how very passionate you are and that your posts hold no malince....
I enjoy a bit of a bitch fight every now and then .....
Be yourself mate...... most of us appreciate it.... Anyway it will all be ironed out in the wash....

Dave I have sent you an Email re the smilies...

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:35 am

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:32 pm

Rowdy..... what a ripper.... how did u do that????

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:28 pm

Coooooool site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: