Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Manton splits

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 1999 3:13 am
Post subject: Manton splitsReply with quote

The Herald Sun reports this morning that Glen Manton has played his last game as a Carlton player.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Glen Manton fan, by default because he plays for Carlton and because he acts like a dickhead on the footy show.

But he is a tall player who can play a key position in the backline. He's 26 and probably has at least 4 good years left in him.

This is a real dilemma. Lets hear it gang.......should we pursue him or stick with O'Bree?

------------------
Damien
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 1999 4:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a toughie. i'd probably stick with o'bree. but manton would be a good quick fix solution for our backline. and as for his performances on the footy show, i reckon he's the smartest bloke on that show. he's definently more intelligent than most footballers.
Gordo 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 1999 5:35 am

I agree, stick with O'Bree...God I hate Manton.

crud 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 1999 2:53 pm

Manton can stay at Carlton

ZED 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 1999 3:39 pm

Obree is a ten year player Manton has a few years left. It would be nice to have both.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 4:29 am

Are you guys nuts?

O'Bree is simply another mid-fielder - a group which we have in over-abundance, particularly "young, promising" ones.

Manton is exactly what we need: an expereinced key position backman, who has 5- 7 years left in him.

I don't know which Footy SHow some of you are referring to, but the Thursday 9.30pm AFL one has shown Manton to be one of the most astute football brains, with a quirky sense of humour. And he seems to be the only current player that Newman respects / fears on the panel.

The ONLY question is do we also have the #3 pick in the pre-season. If we do, then Manton is a must. I would take him at #1 ahead of O'Bree anyway.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 7:00 am

completely off the topic i know, but i really love the way richmond is handling things right now. first they get that super coach in frawley, and now according to that article in the age by that stupid caroline wilson he's 'ringing the changes' and he's got doug hawkins as a skills coach. phew! what a pickup! rattle the cans richmond, it's time for a merger. i couldn't stop laughing as i was reading that article this morning. what a load of turd.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 4:11 pm

It would be fantastic if we can have both Manton and O'bree. I like the look of Manton as one of our backmen.
I have it on good authority that someting big is going to happen in our recruiting. Apparently it will take everybody by suprise. Unfortunately my source does not know who he is - but the coaching panel certainly does !
Watch this space................

Collingwood Forever !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 4:30 pm

clemo you got me all excited man. how about a hint? feels like christmas has come early. wow.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 6:00 pm

ooooo a big recruit hey maybe its Jason Wilds younger brother

Our big recruit will be Josh Fraser on Sunday Everyone here has known that for the last two months.

And it looks like we only have the first pick in December and we've commited to Shane O'Bree.

George M 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 7:53 pm

Manton is player who should not be considered for even one second. Yes, he played key position for carlton ,but he got absolutely thrashed by his opponent every week. Seeing him try to play on Carey was farcical. He is only 185cm so he is not a viable key position option.

He is also a poor kick and not a very clever player. On top of that he is demanding high wages. He can forget it!

O'Bree is six years younger, a very clever footballer with his best in front of him. There is no contest in choosing between these two.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 9:57 am

Guys - it's not Fraser and it's not O'bree. It is a real smokey. That's all I can say....er know !

Note: My source is from the Pie fraternity. Unfortunately I can not says who it is.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 11:17 am

wow is it spider burton? wouldn't that be fantastic. kidding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: