Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WILLY V SCORPIONS PICS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Post subject: WILLY V SCORPIONS PICSReply with quote

This week's pics HERE

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, great pics as always, looks like a better day than the corresponding game last year Razz
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:59 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Thanks John, great pics as always, looks like a better day than the corresponding game last year Razz

Yeah, last year's game was wet and windy day..today looked a bit threatening from above but held off. The wind was blowing all day, about a 4 goal breeze. Unfortunately, we squandered a 40 point lead at the last change, we only managed to kick 3 points in the last to Casey's 6 goals odd.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:58 pm

Great pics again. How did our boy Brown go today? And did we play the wind poorly. In my short history at the club we play the windy days very poorly, which considering the wind that can howl down at point gellibrand i'm always shocked at. I remember a game against Tassie 4-5 years back it was literally a 12 goal gale advantage at the scoreboard end and we insisted on chipping it and working it up to the goals. Tassie would get it it at defensive 50 and kick the crap out of it and the wind would carry it to the goalsquare. And we never figured that out all day.

And how did my favourite people on the field the brilliant men in orange perform?
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:18 am

WKB wrote:
Great pics again. How did our boy Brown go today? And did we play the wind poorly. In my short history at the club we play the windy days very poorly, which considering the wind that can howl down at point gellibrand i'm always shocked at. I remember a game against Tassie 4-5 years back it was literally a 12 goal gale advantage at the scoreboard end and we insisted on chipping it and working it up to the goals. Tassie would get it it at defensive 50 and kick the crap out of it and the wind would carry it to the goalsquare. And we never figured that out all day.

And how did my favourite people on the field the brilliant men in orange perform?

Chris, Brown didn't play again today, nor did Reid, Isles and Bryan. Some seem to think they are being kept on standby for Anzac day...we'll see. Yes, the wind had quite an impact today...we kicked with the wind in the 1 st quarter (about a 3-4 goal breeze) and managed 7 to 1 goals. Half time we kicked another 2 to 5 goals. Three quarter time we managed another 6 to 3 goals, so were 40 points up at the last change. The wind never really changed direction or intensity for the whole game, but the last quarter Casey came out, kicked 3 goals in about 2 minutes, got a sniff, ended up kicking 6 for the quarter where we only managed 3 points, hence another draw. Actually, I think we were a bit lucky to get the draw as they were really on a roll. I don't think we played the wind well in the last...Brett Johnson (of all people) took the kick-in from points on a couple of occasions into a stiff wind. He's not the longest kick in the team and the kicks were landing 10-20 metres short resulting in easy turnovers. Murray Boyd also took kick ins in the last and not once did he look for a target, trying to kick long to a pack, again the ball dropped short and you know the result. To be honest, I don't think the wind was the only thing that helped in the last, I think we panicked a bit and decision making into the wind was poor. Surprise, surprise, the gods in orange weren't too bad today, considering the crowd was very pro Casey, it appeared by their reactions we may have been on the better end of some decisions.
Prynny_22 Sagittarius

Out of Nicks BB Retirement

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:38 am

Gotta love casey fields
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: