Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Last night's schemozzle

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:34 am
Post subject: Last night's schemozzleReply with quote

We are all Collingwood here. They are all Collingwood at FTO. We forgot that for a while last night.

Last night Black_White posted in the General Feedback forum that his post on FTO about this coming weekend's live scoreboard and chat had disappeared. The previous weeks had disappeared as well. He came to the conclusion, as I did, that they were being deleted. They were there and they're not now, so the conclusion was a logical one.

I over-reacted and moved the post to General Discussion because I know that flounder reads this board (I read his as well) and I wanted him to see the objection. Black_White also posted on FTO. Flounder then, in turn, over-reacted and we had a nasty thread on our hands.

Craig said that he'd posted in General Feedback because he thought it should be kept in-house and I should have listened to him. The fact that that post was as public as it was, was my doing, not Craig's.

I would also like to clear up the issue I had with the Cheer Squad forums. I would like to see the Cheer Squad have a forum on every bulletin board in the coutry. Nick's has no claim to the Cheer Squad's online activities and never has had and has never tried to have.

This started the week after we got Nick's back on the road when I noticed (as I do) that there was a Cheer Squad forum 'coming soon' to FTO. We were trying to keep this show on the road and the timing couldn't have been worse. I immediately jumped to the conclusion, incorrectly, that FTO were picking over our bones. It turned out that Joffa had requested the forum - I had egg on my face and apologised.

The Cheer Squad forum on FTO became active about a week later with the description 'The online home of the Official Collingwood cheersquad'. Being the sensitive bugger that I am, and with the Cheer Squad's history on Nick's, I saw that description as disloyalty and was upset all over again. I told Joffa on the phone that I was upset about it and he said he'd fix it. It never got fixed.

How the Cheer Squad describe their forums is their business, not mine, but I felt that our relationship was close enough for me to tell them that it had upset me.

Anyway, nothing happened and last night I let my mood get the better of me and hijacked Craig's topic. I apologise for that and I feel bad that Craig is now banned on FTO (another over-reaction). I don't apologise for what I said or felt.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 06 March 2002).]
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In protest I won't use FTO

(viewers please note that Fradam has never been to FTO and had no plans to so his protest isn't really a protest but it is a protest)

Fradam Wrote This
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:15 pm

Shitttt..............this was never my intention, I feel awful that I have been the subject of so much nastiness.
My intention is, and always has been to keep ppl informed of the fact that Nicks is bending over backwards to keep Pie fans around the world in touch with the club and particularly match day activities.
Both posts dissapeared from FTO, that is a fact. The first one may have gone due to "housekeeping". The match was over so it was redundent. The second one is a complete mystery.
Because I had never sought permission from FTO to post these updates (my mistake) I thought this may be their way of telling me such advertising was not wanted there.
Then I made a HUGE mistake. Instead of E-mailing my concerns to Mike and Flounder, I publicised them! Big no no.....it has caused so much pain that I shall be withdrawing from posting for a while. I am very depressed about the havoc I have caused to a person that I respect.

As for "No soup"...well I didn't see that one and as far as I know I am still on the soup line.....that may change.

Summing up, sorry to all concerned, please believe that I am very sorry for this issue.

regards
-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

FTO 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:22 pm

I think let bygones be bygones is appropriate here.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:11 pm

Craig

You have nothing to feel guilty about. The title of your post was a little inflammatory, but I was the one that used it.

Fradam, you should check FTO out, it's a great site.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:27 pm

Craig - I harldy think you're the one responsible for how other's interperate and react to / possibly over react to - your comments. Also, everyone types things in the heat of the moment - don't srop posting it would be such a waste

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: