Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Forget Top 8

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you are all getting so upset before the season even gets started. I am not the least bit concerned about the performance in the Wizard Cup. Bearing in mind that we are the youngest side in the competition and lack so much experience - so many of our senior players were unable to participate because of injuries and it looks like the opposition players are really trying to bully our young ones around. I feel that the Wizard Cup was a good opportunity to give the young ones some experience before the Big Games start and give Mick the chance to see what they could do. Now he knows that there is a lot of hard work to be done. When the Real Stuff gets under way and the players don't take pride in their jumpers and have a real go for the club I think then it would be right to have a go at them.

STAY COOL MIKE.

GO BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST.

ROWDY FOREVER
Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:49 am

I think that there was so much enthusiasm at the end of last year that maybe all the pain may be worth it. The performance has certainly been disappointing this pre-season, and I will admit that I have started to doubt that we are on the right track. I look at the other lists around and think that ours is pretty thin with talent, very young and will need everything to go right if we are to make the finals.
The thing that gives me hope is that I look at our team closely, and maybe too negitively to form an accurate opinion. Reading the papers and listening to the so-called experts and some opposition players, they all seem to think we are right there with the best of them.
I will forget the Wizard Cup, and now wait for the real stuff.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:30 am

Guys keep it clean. Don't go overboard with the name calling, you may risk the thread being closed.

JDF
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:46 am

Bones I know 1 in 43 isn't great and I know it's about winning and not losing but I'd like to see you tell the likes of McKenna, Price, The Richardsons, Tuddy, Thompson, Moore, Kink, Picken etc etc that what they did wasn't good enough.

They gave it everything they had and that's good enough for me coz all you can do is give it your best.

Rohan may I say it's great to see you as the peacemaker and I applaud your effort to bring some sanity back to this topic.

Fradam Wrote This
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:56 am

Like a few other people have said on here already, i wouldnt read too much into the preseason comp. True its disappointing seeing the pies lose all three, its disappointing seeing them lose any time. However this comp is a long way from the stuff starting on thursday night later this month. There are many positives that can be taken from the three loses. these may include the fact that:

- Even though we are starting to get good media write-ups and finals expectations, unless players are committed and work hard then it aint gonna simply happen. maybe the preseason ironed any of these even slightest doubts out in players minds.
- the form of some of the young players including cloke and didak at various stages.
- the level of courage and form shown by Rupe (he came under much unwarranted criticism last year) Reports from training and then seeing him play showed that he has worked extremely hard. Some of those marks and hard stuff he did was tremendous and i hope that continues over the season.
- some evidence to suggest that maybe cummings can offer the pies something extra up forward.
- burnsy being able to see games out
- Broadie Holland - seems fitter, keen and much more comfortable with the club.
- Hill on Pickett... this would have been a huge learning step for hill and shows that he has plenty of work to do if he wants to make it. there's no reason he cant.
- A more determined and in general fitter (excluding problem with leg? this is a concern!) captain.
- And the fact that for each of the wizzard cup games we were still without many of the big names that are making this season and the future look bright at Collingwood.

Players such as Fraser, Rocca, Licuria, Lonie, Molloy, O'Bree, Adkins, Rintoul, Scotland, Johnson have all missed or played limited rolls. And quite a few others were missing in at least one match. There is no doubt many of these names would greatly strengthen the side and put pressure on all others in the team to play well or risk being demoted.

I think that those who are jumping up and down already at this time of the year declaring we cant make the finals, we need this, we need that, this player is crap etc etc should just calm down... we havent even played the first game yet!

Bring on the AFL season. GO PIES!

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:56 pm

Well said Rowdy

As I have previously stated....WE ARE NOT PEAKING EARLY THIS YEAR!! THIS IS A VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD THING!!!

Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:18 pm

I'm a big fan of criticism......"CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism, of which I haven't found any in this post so far.

I agree there are not many positives out of our Wiz Cup performance. It hasn't been a confidence boosting pre-season but i'm sure the boys know exactly what things they need to improve on in the next few weeks before the season proper.

CARN THE PIES

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:47 pm

Looks for his moderator's hat.

Oh that's right I gave it away.

Grabs a sheet of newspaper, makes a paper hat and writes MODERATOR on it with a big crayon - sticks it on his head - deletes Joffa's and CQ's posts..

JOFFA AND CQ - GET OVER IT. IF YOU REALLY MUST ABUSE EACH OTHER USE THE PMs OR EMAIL.

Takes the hat off. Ahhh that's better.

I wish I'd thought of the paper hat trick last night, I would have been able to moderate myself.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:50 am

This is has nothing to do with me and CQ she could be the bloody queen of england for all i care!! and im not the low life who would entertain the idea of sending hate email or private messages.

There will allways be so called collingwood supporters trying to drag this club down into the gutter.

And they aint gonna drag me down with them!!

GO PIES!!

let the real season begin...BRING IT ON!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:00 am

Gee --- Last time I post a new topic.
Round 1 roll on

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:18 am

Joffa, I wasn't implying anything other than that isn't the appropriate place for you and CQ or anybody else (including the queen of england) to be hanging shit on each other.

Each to their own (views). Disagree by all means with whoever you like, that's part of the life and soul of this board, but let's leave the personal snipes out of it. The other users of the board deserve more respect than that.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:06 am

Okay, enough arguing. This post is close to being closed.

I orginally did close it before reading the Admin Forum where there has been a little consensus reached. This is the last call...any more posts not regarding the topic (with name calling) and the topic will be close. LAST CHANCE!!!

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 07 March 2002).]
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:48 am

I've stayed very quiet on this topic - thought I'd give everyone a chance to get things off their chest!

Now my two cents worth - I can't believe anyone could possibly write us off already! Fair enough, we've performed badly in the Wizard cup matches, but really, how much should we read into those performances? Traditionally, we have not performed well in this pre-season comp. This year we have used the comp as an opportunity to blood some youngsters, given that a lot of the senior list has been missing due to injury. Some of the young guys look promising, some maybe not, but only time will tell. Pre season form really means 'jack' - how many players have you seen over the years who have played spectacularly in this pre-season comp, never to be seen or heard of again??? A few, including Collingwood's Nick Hyder. So what I'm saying is that we can't really judge how our season will be on a few pre-season matches.

I still think we will make the eight, assuming of course (like all teams hope) that we don't get too many injuries. A question mark remains over our ruck division and our backline, but hopefully a couple of the young guys will step up and be 'surprise packets' much as Lonie was last year.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 10:14 am

Kristin5 is dead right.

I thought of another one ... Frankie Raso ... Remember his SENSATIONAL pre-season form a few years ago.

Yep. Another March champion who became an April Fool.

And there was guy called Gibson that we recruited from Hawthorn. I remember watching him in a pre-season game and thinking, "Gee, we've picked a real good player there!"

Did he ever play again?

There must be dozens of 'em ... hundreds even ...

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:17 am

Ok fellows.....so the TEAM played badly.I realise that I went off too,because you like to see your 'FAVOURITE' team win..WELL they didnt and that all there is about it.
The Season proper starts in 3 weeks time and thats what counts,so all of you give it a breather,break and what ever and look forward to September when the PIES will in the TOP 8.

Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: