Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#38,#6 Tyson Goldsack

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, along with Clarke, how good does it get? And with Wellingham, Reid and Dawes all highly rated also, and there's Dick, we've already seen what he's capable of, geez, we've only just scratched the surface. Thomas, Pendlebury, Cloke and let's not forget Rusling and Egan on the sidelines who are also potentially very good players.
Hey I could be biased here but seriously, has there ever been an unearthing of such talent this magnitude in one season by any club?

rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:39 am

Very impressive, I'm really happy for the kid and thought he was fantastic on Sat. night with his run, hardness and commitment.

Taking down Micky O, no matter how fit the latter is or what stage of his long career, it is a great effort for a fourth gamer.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:44 am

Great game by moneybags! Keep up the good work.

Has a cool head under pressure and totally shut O'Loughlin down, I think micky is on the way out physically, but still a great effort Tyson!

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:18 pm

rand corp wrote:
Very impressive, I'm really happy for the kid and thought he was fantastic on Sat. night with his run, hardness and commitment.

Taking down Micky O, no matter how fit the latter is or what stage of his long career, it is a great effort for a fourth gamer.

I think Micky showed pretty clearly late in the game that he has still got what it takes to be a very dangerous player. He was threatening to carve us up once Goldsack went off for a bit, and started to tire late in the game.

Which makes his early work on him so bloody brilliant. I reckon those spinning turns to steal the ball and turn Micky inside out are forever etched in my memory.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm

panga wrote:
If rising star nom doesn't go to him or Clarke, I'm baffled.

You'd think it would either be clarke or Goldsack...but theres 2 port guys in Grey and Westhoff who also played well on the weekend, but as this type of award usually goes by media hype, id be tipping Clarke clearly.

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
panga wrote:
If rising star nom doesn't go to him or Clarke, I'm baffled.

You'd think it would either be clarke or Goldsack...but theres 2 port guys in Grey and Westhoff who also played well on the weekend, but as this type of award usually goes by media hype, id be tipping Clarke clearly.

Yeah actually Grey and Westhoff would both be very deserving recipients also. When do they vote? because Clarke would be a lot fresher in their minds today than last week.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:33 pm

yer and unfortunately that seems to be the way it works. Grey kicked 4 or 5 goals i think all in the first half against Essendon, and Westhoff backed up a very very impressive debut.

Clarke was brilliant, but Goldsack's role in the team was a lot more crucial than Clarke's. The rising star usually is a consistency thing where a player has to play good a few weeks straight to earn a nomination.....otherwise they have to play one game that gets people talking.

Unfortunately it seems to be the media who decides who should get nominated. If a commentator or journalist makes a comment about who will get the nomination....then that player will usually get it. Thats what you get when journalist's have a vote in the winner.

But all in all, Clarke's debut was fantastic, and he is deserving as he comes from a non-football background and has adapted so quickly. 20 possies in you first game is huge, especially against the grand finalists. In my opinion but, Goldsacks game on O'Loughlin was far more crucial. Defenders never get accolades.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:19 pm

Cam wrote:
Sensational. You won't drop that kid for Sierra Lonie.

Agree Cam, in fact I'm thinking that Lonie will have trouble displacing either Goldsack or Cox. And there are a couple of others ahead of him like Toovey and Cook. Lonie will need to play out of his skin to get promoted. Has to be a great thing for the club.

I'm a Lonie fan and would love to see him back in the team but if he's not there because someone else is playing better, you have to love that!
Jamie loves Collingwood Aries

2007 pies for premiers!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:19 pm

Has really stepped up since the QB match.
xtcc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:30 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Fantastic closing speed. He was a highlight of the first half. He also has fantastic composure. Im on the bandwagon

Put me on that bandwagon
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:37 pm

This kid is going to be one very solid defender for us. Great composure, skills and courage. Now I see why he was touted as a possible replacement for Clemo one day.

What I like about players like Goldie is that after you put their names on a team sheet, you can forget about them because you know they will do a job and rarely get beaten.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:38 pm

Cox and Goldsack, between them, have pretty much sen to it that Ryan Lonie will no longer play on the half-back line for Collingwood, nor in a pocket. And this is a darn good thing: Lonie's proper position is, and always has been, on the wing.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:58 pm

The way the youngsters are going Tannin, it could be in the grandstand.
Hope not though, I believe Ryan can add something to the side, with those silky skills and a bit of dash he could still be a very damaging player around the wing or forward flank

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:09 pm

I agree, Frankiboy: Lonie s going to have to really turn it on to get back into the senior side. If he can do that, great. If not, he will still be serving Collingwood well just by making whoever is in front of him fight to keep his gurnsey every week.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:45 pm

bwphantom wrote:
The guernsey I have has the number 38 on the back of it. And goldies signature proudly displayed under it. You should have seen how excited he was to have signed a nice new clean from signature jumper with his number on it. He could believe that someone was wearing his number so early in his career.

All I can say is that I am proud to be wearing the jumper bearing Goldies number.
Because he will be a star.

When he turned O'Loughlin around in the square, ran 20 m had a bounce and then hit a plyer on the tit was inspirational stuff. He kept O'Loughlin possession down to bare minimum and was definetly one of our BOG.

All I can say is......I wish I were young enough to wear a jumper.
My 'fantasy jumper' has had number 17 and number 18 alternating for years.

Tyson would be my newbie pick......just love the way he plays.
And when he gathered on the back flank (1st quarter I think) and danced around 3 opponents I was gobsmacked. I was watching the game with 4 other Magpies, late night in HK. One of those Magpies turned to me with an enormous smile as I stood and clapped Goldie and said, "How good was that????? This kid's a star."

I gave Goldie a vote on Saturday night; I know Daisy deserved one ahead of him, but the vote was just for his sheer audacity and courage to take on O'Loughlin at his own game and beat him.

Off sick today and I'm in bed thinking.......won't it be good in say a month's time when our team begins to get settled again in the run up to the finals.......
Release Heath Shaw from back duty when Harry and Clement are back.
Give him some time in the middle.

The Downside
Kids tire though.
Admittadly, these new back men have only played a few games so should stand up for a few more weeks yet till the experienced guys are ready.

With Rhyce, Clemo, Presti and Harry back in say....the next month, IF we have kept pace and not lost four in a row, you'd think the Pies would be very well placed for the run home.

Next four weeks critical. Must win at least 2 out of the four.

Then the big question: what to do with blokes like Goldie, Clarke, Cox and Stanley?

OK the obvious thing is send them back to Willy or even rest a couple and have them ready come September. Fresh legs, enthusiasm and some experience in tough games with big crowds is where the coaches would be aiming I think.

I would love to see Goldie stay in the team though.......he's a twinkle toes like O'Brien but better I think. Remember O'Brien this time last year....we knew he could play but we had our hearts in our mouths every time he got the ball......he lacked composure. Goldie has the same balance and sideways movement but has the balance and poise already.

Sorry for this rambling post.....just thinking out loud.....and indulging in a bit of September dreaming. Back to sleep now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: