Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rudd V Howard which will win the next election?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rudd or Howard
Rudd
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Howard
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Who Cares
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudd doesn't have the election experience yet. History may still be against him.

In my marginal seat - its labours turn.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:52 am

The Prince of Fullbacks wrote:
So Howard goes??

What does Rudd bring to the table??

This is from a swinging voter.

Thats what I am wondering, it just seems everyone wants Howard out and doesnt care whats coming in

Anyway it wont matter what I vote, Libs win our seat in a landslide every time, State or Federal
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:55 am

Are you still located in it?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:25 pm

With Teflon Rudd out in front in the polls Howard is clearly worried. Why is he leading? To me it's like Blair in the UK when he came into power and a few factors.

People have stopped listening. You can only blame the previous party for so long until it loses it's affect.

Rudd is very conservative like Blair and Howard cannot attack him as many of his policies are line ball with Rudds. The wife's buisness fiasco will actually draw votes from the conservative side as they see no difference.

The economy? Well we all hear how good it's going but many of us are feeling the pinch. High fuel prices are a huge negative for Howard.

IR? For a system that was suppose to be fair they have done that many changes. Will be a huge issue.

You lose elections you don't win them. Howard's use by date is up. If Howard sees the writing he will jump ship, he will not wish to go out a loser or be the 2nd PM in history to lose his seat.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:51 pm

I vote Labor when I goto the polls, I don't like Howard, regardless of what party he belongs to...I am not sure what to make of Rudd, I am not one that is into politics anyway I vote because it's mandatory and when I do I put down labor in the local area..we have some decent Labor candidates in Franklin, we had Lara Giddins first, and now we have Allison Ritchie, who I've heard of a lot before and during the last local election, the other ones I had not heard of at all.

I only knew of John Peers for the Greens from a poster I saw on a fence while on my way out to TAFE one day, as for the State one, we have Will Hodgman for the Liberals, he used to run the STFL, and his dad Peter ran the TFL, and neither are fit enough to run a teaparty let alone a state, and they buggered up when they were in charge of the football...and I can only imagine what they would have done if they got into power in the Tasmanian Government.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:06 pm

I live in a safe labour seat, Jenny Macklin is our member and I've always voted labour. (don't fall of your seats now anyone.)

I still think this will be very close, despite the polls. I wouldn't be surprised to see a protest vote against the state labour governments in the bush. Labour may just get up or the coalition may just hang on with a reduced majority.

I'll be voting Liberal this year for the first time cos I believe 4 more years would be ideal, both to let Liberal consolidate and cos I'd like to see how Rudd and Gilliard cope with being in opposition for 4 years when they aren't in an election mode honeymoon. That is, if the Labour party keeps them for that long.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:05 pm

Howard will win.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm

London Dave wrote:
Howard will win.

Your too far away dude. Razz
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:32 pm

Culprit wrote:
Your too far away dude. Razz

You're too close!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:39 pm

I've perhaps changed my view slightly.... Howard may have a chance after all, and the betting agencies agree (apparently they are historically far more accurate than opinion polls).

As for who I'm voting for, I haven't decided 100% yet. 12 months ago I would have voted Liberal without question, but when I look at Rudd and Howard there's really not much that separates them (I believe they both belong to the school of rational politics, which is good). Perhaps I should actually find out which one will benefit me the most, if I can't decide...

Probably leaning towards Howard at this stage.

Tully 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:48 pm

Traditionally I am a Labour voter. Last election I couldn't bring myself to vote for Latham. When Rudd first became oppostition leader, I thought great, this bloke looks the goods! Gotta say that my opinion has changed over recent weeks though. I find the situation of a Labour candidate who opposes workplace reforms, but then makes a fortune out of a company that underpays and takes advantage of workers the most hypocritical and untrustworthy action imaginable.

Why can't Labour come up with an honest, trustworthy leader, looks like my traditional voting is a thing of the past. Confused
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:37 pm

unless someone has big crystal balls.....we won't know until after the election.
member34258 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:43 pm

London Dave wrote:
Howard will win.

There will be the inevitable swing back to the government. Always happens.
But I believe the Australian public have a mindset that it is time for a change, and that the IR laws have gone to far creating an imbalance that needs to be addressed.
Rudd's challenge is to address this imbalance without creating another in-balance. At the moment he seems to have achieved that.
I note that last night the "keep an eye out for terrorists" scare campaign has recommenced TV advertising. This TV advertising and the new "fair commission" ads are a last desperate attempt by Howard to scare us into voting for the status quo.
We, the electorate, have outgrown such tactics.
xtcc 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Teflon Rudd & Mr Sheen. Who gives a rats arse we are going to get jipped either way
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:51 pm

If Rudd doesn't win,I am going to go shoot myself!!!

I've had to grow up under a Liberal government,and I come from a lower class family.I've seen Howard do nothing but screw over low income earners and the blue collar workers of this country and it's not only myself,but alot of people of my age group that have experience this also.

Howard seems to forget that there are alot of first time federal voters in the community,as there are every election,but what he consistantly fails to forget it that no one my age (18-22) (I personally am 20) remembers the Labour government that the Liberals took over from.

People my age only remember Howard lying about the kids over board, the AWA scandal,the introduction of the GST,the continuing rise of interest rates that have hurt their familys,the introduction of the I.R laws, the abolision of compulsary student unionism,among other attrosities.

I don't know many people,from lower,middle or upper class,blue or white collar backgrounds,that are in my age bracket,that honestly want another Liberal goverment.Howard has done nothing but set young people up for decads of being screwed over to cover the mistakes and pot holes his government have left over the past 11 years.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: