Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TV Saturday April 14th

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserves:

GOALS:
Williamstown: Clark 5 Crawford 3 Keddell Beaumont

BEST:
Williamstown: Crawford Miller Lockwood Keddell Foley Chiu

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: B.Quinn (65) reported by Field Umpire Faoro and Goal Umpire Maggenti for striking G.Johnstone (24) in the fourth quarter.

http://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?a=MR_&aID=8&ext=1&mID=2722&cn=2007%20TRUenergy%20VFL%20Reserves

Hooked
xtcc 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:34 pm

meyer has to be drafted
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:37 pm

He has to be at least rookie listed next year, otherwise, he may cross the border and try his luck in the SANFL.
Hooked
Didcos435 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:33 pm

May have been asked, but where was Nathan Brown today.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:33 pm

It was an appalling game by most at Williamstown, really didn't deserve anything from the game (though it's Port so we'll take it).

Bit of controversy at the end for those at the game, though the scoreboard had Towners in front, everyone knew he'd had put down Willo's touched kick as a goal. Despite that there wasn't anyone at the ground who didn't have Port by a point at the final siren, JAJH asked up at the ABC box and it was then we were told they had it as a draw, so everyone stuck around and watched as the umpires checked their scores.

There really wasn't much to write home about as far as the Collingwood listed players. Disposal was atrocious and the want to chase and pick up players was non-existent to the point of embarrassment.

someone said Wellingham should be in the best, being at the game I agree totally with Dale61, didn't do enough often enough.

After quarter time Reid looked lost, Ben Davies disposal and decision making was shocking, the amount of times he set his teammates up to be crunched was poor.

Nicholls ran all day and he will never give in but again disposal let him down.

Mcaffer fleeted in and out of it but far from our worse, but by the same token really didn't have an impact.

Marty Clarke couldn't do many things right, seem to be having one of those games, but his ability to know what's around him has to improve. As does the respect for opponents. When he got caught by Dukes it was complete lack of respect. Now to be fair he wouldn't know the workrate of Dukes etc but Clarke ambled off as if he had days and never looked behind as he assumed a bloke as big as Dukes wouldn't chase, let alone catch him.

Goldsack was the shining light, was given a rough run from the umpires, if he gave the attention to the forwards that they gave him in regards to over the shoulder and pushes and chopping arms, he'd have 10 kicked on him, but no he's the backman so it was fairplay. But he's strong, backs himself, good overhead and follows everything up. More importantly he keeps his feet.

Stanley was a non-factor.

Cook had a brief moment in that third quarter when we got level where he moved ok but really didn't do much.

It was the VFL players that stood up today and kept us in it, johnson, greene, Willo, Picken, Proctor.

And don't worry about the blokes at port who we got rid of. Fanning played like fanning, he's honest but still not that good (though he's lost a bout 20kg).

Rowe is still a soft touch, it was our lack of chasing or picking players up, he just sat on that wing all day, never went near a contest and just got cheap touches not one of which he earnt on his own. And the one time we got to him and actually pressured him he shat himself and got caught holding the ball (or should of but luckily this year he was playing for port not williamstown or he would have had a free kick against him).
xtcc 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:48 pm

thanks for the info everyone
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:20 am

Limbach's sounding like something handy...
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:02 am

Stay tuned for my report from this game on the Williamstown website...Titled..Sleeping Seagulls Draw Drama.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:28 pm

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21557592%255E19895,00.html

Quote:
Gotch praised former Richmond list player Dean Limbach who booted six goals from seven possessions.

Upset by the treatment he received at Punt Rd, the former Calder Cannons TAC Cup player aims to have a second shot at AFL next season.

Quote:
Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse and injured skipper Nathan Buckley watched the match from the grandstand and would have been impressed by 17-year-old draft choice centre half-forward Ben Reid, 19-year-old defender Tyson Goldsack and rookies Martin Clarke, Ben Macaffer, Sharrod Wellingham and Dan Nicholls.

Seagulls stand-outs were Collingwood list player Ben Davies, skipper Brett Johnson and Steven Greene.

Hooked
mickyg 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:18 pm

i thought that Iles was pretty solid, uses the ball well and is actually very quick, has to be close to selection. It amazes me that so many posters dont rate him and or leave him out of their player reveiws completly. dont supporters know who he is?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:55 pm

WKB wrote:
It was an appalling game by most at Williamstown, really didn't deserve anything from the game (though it's Port so we'll take it).

Bit of controversy at the end for those at the game, though the scoreboard had Towners in front, everyone knew he'd had put down Willo's touched kick as a goal. Despite that there wasn't anyone at the ground who didn't have Port by a point at the final siren, JAJH asked up at the ABC box and it was then we were told they had it as a draw, so everyone stuck around and watched as the umpires checked their scores.

There really wasn't much to write home about as far as the Collingwood listed players. Disposal was atrocious and the want to chase and pick up players was non-existent to the point of embarrassment.

someone said Wellingham should be in the best, being at the game I agree totally with Dale61, didn't do enough often enough.

After quarter time Reid looked lost, Ben Davies disposal and decision making was shocking, the amount of times he set his teammates up to be crunched was poor.

Nicholls ran all day and he will never give in but again disposal let him down.

Mcaffer fleeted in and out of it but far from our worse, but by the same token really didn't have an impact.

Marty Clarke couldn't do many things right, seem to be having one of those games, but his ability to know what's around him has to improve. As does the respect for opponents. When he got caught by Dukes it was complete lack of respect. Now to be fair he wouldn't know the workrate of Dukes etc but Clarke ambled off as if he had days and never looked behind as he assumed a bloke as big as Dukes wouldn't chase, let alone catch him.

Goldsack was the shining light, was given a rough run from the umpires, if he gave the attention to the forwards that they gave him in regards to over the shoulder and pushes and chopping arms, he'd have 10 kicked on him, but no he's the backman so it was fairplay. But he's strong, backs himself, good overhead and follows everything up. More importantly he keeps his feet.

Stanley was a non-factor.

Cook had a brief moment in that third quarter when we got level where he moved ok but really didn't do much.

It was the VFL players that stood up today and kept us in it, johnson, greene, Willo, Picken, Proctor.

And don't worry about the blokes at port who we got rid of. Fanning played like fanning, he's honest but still not that good (though he's lost a bout 20kg).

Rowe is still a soft touch, it was our lack of chasing or picking players up, he just sat on that wing all day, never went near a contest and just got cheap touches not one of which he earnt on his own. And the one time we got to him and actually pressured him he shat himself and got caught holding the ball (or should of but luckily this year he was playing for port not williamstown or he would have had a free kick against him).

Gotch was wrapped with the efforts from young macaffer!!

WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:43 pm

joffa corfe wrote:

Gotch was wrapped with the efforts from young macaffer!!

Yeah I'm not sure I said anything bad about him, plus they have the luxury of knowing what exact role they gave him and what they expected out of him during the game.

He was solid at the contests he was in but I just don't think, outside of Goldsack, that any of the Collingwood boys had any real impact games that grabbed you and said "They've earnt a senior spot for next week". It was a dire game full of errors.

To the person who asked about Iles. Sammy yesterday got a reasonable amount of the ball but he just didn't impose himself with the quality of possessions, the same I said about Davies.

One game doesn't maketh a player of course, these same players put in solid performances last week. Yesterday was just one of those games, kicks went to long or to short, a lot of players had the fumbles. Though there was a lot of players who weren't accountable at times.

Now Port I know is full of ex AFL players but aligned clubs really should perform much better against these stand alone teams and if we played to our potential they should not have got near us.

I'll put in a disclosure that i'm a little p*ssed at the result as Port Melbourne is the Carlton of the VFL to me, I hate them with every fibre of my being so anything but a win is not a satisfactory result for me.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:47 am

Dave The Man wrote:
David wrote:
Any CFC listed players doing well?

Davies and Willigham are The Best

Agree on Wellingham but I thought Davies had a very poor game. Thought the pick of the Pies listed players was probably Goldsack. Did a fantastic job across half back. Nicho;;s also very prominent.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 am

Dale61 wrote:
Best for Williamstown: Johnson Meyer Goldsack Limbach Greene Davies.

http://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?a=MR_&aID=8&ext=1&mID=2459&cn=2007%20TRUenergy%20VFL%20Seniors

Limbach is a funny one really. Thought he was flogged all day yet he managed 6 goals. Can't ask for much more than that.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:56 am

mickyg wrote:
i thought that Iles was pretty solid, uses the ball well and is actually very quick, has to be close to selection. It amazes me that so many posters dont rate him and or leave him out of their player reveiws completly. dont supporters know who he is?

Thought he was solid all day. Hard to see who he would displace from the senior line up at this stage.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: