Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Williamstown Vs Werribee

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Didcos435 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dug up the official results, gola kickers and best player. Richards may get longer now that Bryan has been reported.

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors

Williamstown 5.4 8.9 11.11 17.15 (117)
Werribee 1.1 3.5 8.7 9.10 (64)

BEST:
Williamstown: Greene Bryan Cox Williams Limbach Dick

GOALS:
Williamstown: Williams 5 Limbach 5 Rose 2 Dick Wellingham Clarke Reid Cook

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: 40.Chris Bryan - Bumping or making forceful contact to an opponent from front on that player has his head down over the ball, 24.D.Gleeson of werribee under afl law 19.2.2 (g) (xi)of the laws of australian football. During 4th quarter. Reported by umpire Shane Stuart.
Werribee: None
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:32 pm

daicos from the boundry wrote:
If anyone is going down to watch, keep an eye out for a blond swimming world champion watching her boyfriend playing for Werribee.

I doubt that Leisel The Diesel would have been at Burbank Oval as she is supposed to be at Libby Lenton's wedding in Sydney.

Hooked
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:25 pm

Didcos435 wrote:
Just dug up the official results, gola kickers and best player. Richards may get longer now that Bryan has been reported.

Happened right in front of me and I swear if he goes for this then football as we know it is DEAD!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:15 pm

I see he was named in the best, any comments on his game WKB?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Lots of positive write-ups on Hotrods especially about Cox.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:22 pm

The domination the reserves have had over the past 5-6 seasons may be coming to an end.

Will: 5.1.31 ~ 7.4.46 ~ 11.10.76 ~ 14.12.96
Werr: 2.1.13 ~ 5.5.35 ~ 8.8.56 ~ 14.12.96

Goal Kickers: J. Beaumont 3, R. Crawford 3, M. Boyd 2, M. Darvell 2, C. Lockwood, B. MacAffer, J. Clark, M. Keddell

Best Players: R. Crawford, J. Beaumont, D. Stanley, M. Grossman, M. Boyd, N. Lyons

Hooked
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Interesting to see the Williamstown went the 12-10 route yesterday. Whether it was due to availability of players, or was by design, but I would like to see them go 12-10 all year.
Hooked
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:46 pm

Dale61 wrote:
The domination the reserves have had over the past 5-6 seasons may be coming to an end.

Will: 5.1.31 ~ 7.4.46 ~ 11.10.76 ~ 14.12.96
Werr: 2.1.13 ~ 5.5.35 ~ 8.8.56 ~ 14.12.96

Goal Kickers: J. Beaumont 3, R. Crawford 3, M. Boyd 2, M. Darvell 2, C. Lockwood, B. MacAffer, J. Clark, M. Keddell

Best Players: R. Crawford, J. Beaumont, D. Stanley, M. Grossman, M. Boyd, N. Lyons

not surprising....apparently port melbourne were trying to recruit quite a few of the guys who were killing it at reserve level but couldnt get a game due to all the collingwood players

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Didcos435 wrote:
BEST:
Williamstown: Greene Bryan Cox Williams Limbach Dick

Always worth looking at the Williamstown best to see who might get a game next week. Good to see Bryan up there, even if he was reported.

However, it is sobering to notice another player in the best - isn't 'Williams' one Andrew Williams?
Now, I think most of us agree that he wasn't really up to AFL standard, and if he is starring at Williamstown it shows how much difference there is between playing well at Williamstown and playing well at the top level.

collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:39 pm

I went down there to check out the game, arrived about five minutes into the first quarter, left about five minutes befor the end of the game. Few points:

Cox was far and away BOG for mine, wonderful poise, good in traffic, big enough to play on 3rd tall types, good enough below his knees to play on mid sized players, excellent handballs out of traffic, explosive run but controlled diposal by foot to advantage, deserves a shot in the bigtime.

The other two Pies listed players that stood out for me where Egan and Bryan, Eags played on a HBF along with Cox and played well, rebounding out of defence and covering his man, he was also good at marshalling the troops down there which was great to see. Bryan seemed to be everywhere, he must have picked up 20 odd touches and was competative in the ruck contests against the much taller Street, he used his bulk to clean up smaller blokes to and put the fear into a few of them, could be pushing for selcetion if the right matchups are to be found, and wont discrace himself if Frasers hip keeps him out for a week.

of the youngsters all looked to have potential, Wellingham and Dick played similar roles as HFF/Wingmen and did well, without actually nailing the goals that would have put them in line foir a call up, likewise Reid and Brown who where the talls at either end seemed to do OK without seeing the world on fire.

Clarke looks to have speed and aggression and at one stage ran forward to loose his man and kick a goal, good stuff, but probably still has plenty to learn about the game before he is elevated.

Iles looked good also, may be in line, along with Eags, Cox and Bryan for consideration, runs fast, can kick.

all in all it was a great day, there way a lady in the crowd who fell and hit her head and gave us a bit of a scare, hope she is well and our best wishes go out to her family.

GO GULLS!

WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Cox was the best on ground by a mile, carrying on from last season and then some.

Dick and Wellingham played some decent footy, Wellingham seems to have a great footy brain, knows when to do the flashy but also when to do the simple effective things, a great mix.

Brad dick is electric, quick, and simply exciting.

Bryan was, and excuse the language, solid as f*ck. Did well in the ruck but got around the ground both forward and back and made his presence felt more than once.

Nathan Brown worries me, third time i've seen him and he has literally done nothing. Looks slow and completely knackered going into every contest. Harsh call but its been the same everytime I've seen him. His opponent got touches at will yesterday, who to be fair was former Brisbane player Marty Pask, who has AFL experience. Seems to have the body type so desired in AFL footy but so very slow.

The darkhorse was clearly Goldsack, was great all day, takes on every contest and is very quick and elusive for a kid his size, I liked his game.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:58 am

WKB wrote:

Nathan Brown worries me, third time i've seen him and he has literally done nothing. Looks slow and completely knackered going into every contest. Harsh call but its been the same everytime I've seen him. His opponent got touches at will yesterday, who to be fair was former Brisbane player Marty Pask, who has AFL experience. Seems to have the body type so desired in AFL footy but so very slow.

The darkhorse was clearly Goldsack, was great all day, takes on every contest and is very quick and elusive for a kid his size, I liked his game.

What the hell?

I am not saying you are wrong, I have no idea I haven't even seen him play before but how can he go from this:

Repeat Sprints - 30 metres

Simon Hogan - 24.67 sec
Tim Houlihan - 24.72 sec
Clint Benjamin - 24.74 sec
Joe Anderson - 24.76 sec
Nathan Djerrkura - 25.00 sec
Nathan Brown - 25.07 sec
Nathan Krakouer - 25.08 sec
Mark Austin - 25.09 sec
Mitchell Brown - 25.34 sec
Jarryd Allen - 25.36 sec

20-metre sprint

Nathan Krakouer - 2.83 sec
Nathan Djerrkura - 2.90 sec
Nathan Brown - 2.91 sec
Simon Hogan - 2.91 sec
Brock O'Brien - 2.92 sec
Shaun Grigg - 2.92 sec
Ben Reid - 2.93 sec
Ben Ross - 2.94 sec
Clint Benjamin - 2.95 sec
Travis Boak - 2.96 sec

One of the fastest players at last years draft camp to slow!? Shocked
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:32 am

OP perhaps? could also be that he is learning to play his position in a new defensive unit and there are some times he is finding himself out of position. He didn't look tto slow to me, just inexperienced, Reid was the same, saw him pick up some touches up on the wings and looked to have pace, but didn't see anything like the controlled aggression and attack on the ball up the centre like against the saints at NAB level, I guess having Cloke and Fraser there to set the example helped straigten him up in that game, now he is the 'go to' guy and has to find his feet by himself, I have confidence they both will.

Cox absolutely should be given a game on the back of that performance, he was very very good.

WKB 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:02 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:

What the hell?

I am not saying you are wrong, I have no idea I haven't even seen him play before but how can he go from this:

Repeat Sprints - 30 metres

Simon Hogan - 24.67 sec
Tim Houlihan - 24.72 sec
Clint Benjamin - 24.74 sec
Joe Anderson - 24.76 sec
Nathan Djerrkura - 25.00 sec
Nathan Brown - 25.07 sec
Nathan Krakouer - 25.08 sec
Mark Austin - 25.09 sec
Mitchell Brown - 25.34 sec
Jarryd Allen - 25.36 sec

20-metre sprint

Nathan Krakouer - 2.83 sec
Nathan Djerrkura - 2.90 sec
Nathan Brown - 2.91 sec
Simon Hogan - 2.91 sec
Brock O'Brien - 2.92 sec
Shaun Grigg - 2.92 sec
Ben Reid - 2.93 sec
Ben Ross - 2.94 sec
Clint Benjamin - 2.95 sec
Travis Boak - 2.96 sec

One of the fastest players at last years draft camp to slow!? Shocked

This just shows me that these things don't mean crap. Like I said the third time i've seen him and he's been the same everytime. Running sprints in a straight line don't mean squat, his closing down speed was poor, his chasing pace was ordinary and run from the backline was next to non-existent.

Will the kid get better? You bet he will, do I think he's a bad player? I like to think no, i'm just saying what has been a consistent in the games i've seen. As has been said i don't know where he played his junior footy so could be getting used to a new role as a defender, particularly a couple of times his opponent has dragged him back to the goalsquare which could be completely new role. I hope he comes out next week and blitzes. But anyone who went to the game yesterday at least, would have to admit he was second to the contest and from the first quarter he looked knackered. Now as I said he was playing against an AFL experienced player in Marty Pask, so a good learning curve. Also credit to him and the coaching staff in that they kept him on the ground and despite being beaten you can't question that he kept going at it all day and did a couple of solid things in the last quarter.
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:00 pm

Gotta agree with WKB, I thought much the same about Nathan, although his sprint times might be impressive, it probably doesn't mean much in a game. It's a bit like putting a sprinter in a long distance race?? No doubt he will improve, a lot of young guys need time to adjust, the game pace increases dramatically going from Junior level to TAC to VFL then to AFL. He certainly looks the goods physically, he justs need to hone his skills.

WKB wrote:
Didcos435 wrote:
Richards may get longer now that Bryan has been reported.

Happened right in front of me and I swear if he goes for this then football as we know it is DEAD!

Looks like it's dead. I'm with you WKB, the report was in front of me too and it would have been one of the softest free kicks let alone reportable, the guy got up holding his shoulder, not his head, they both went to hip and shoulder each other except Bryan came out better off cos he was a lot bigger. Absolute crap free kick, absolute crap report and absolute crap suspension.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: