Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#43, #18, #9 Martin Clarke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daics cousin 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Joffa.GO pies Hey what about Chris Dawes?He'll be the rock of gibraltar in that forward line of ours when he finally gets going and Nathan Brown will sure up the backline with john anthony when john recovers.We will be a very hard team to stop once all the younger recruits get game time and develop their skills as senior players.
GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Martin Clarke will be bigger than Nathan Buckley?
dish Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Big statement Joff hope your right
rob28 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:48 pm

hoggy wrote:

i think joffe means it as a figure of speech. No one could compare to the likes of Bucks. { or could they?}
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:49 pm

To be sure, to be sure.

Marty will revolutionise the way the midfield is played.

Watch out for Ben Reid. He has a spearing right foot pass. Covers about 40m and does not get higher than 10ft. Bang onto the chest. He is a thumping shot at goal too for a big skinny lad. Just 17 too.....dam! I just drooled all over the keyboard...."Honey get us a towel would ya!"

Lovin it Joffa.

Go Pies!

BTW: My tip for 07 is a Seagull Premiership. Pity Lloydy couldn't hang on for one more season. He was a great captain.

jimbeam 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:26 pm

There is big wraps on this kid, might explain why we went tall and not mids early. Maybe the crew at lexus think mr irish has it covered.
MardyP 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Geoff Walsh was on SEN this morning talking about Jack, and he was asked who had been promoted to the senior list.

He said that at this stage no one, as they were keeping their options open.
black&white blood 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Martin Clarke will be bigger than Nathan Buckley i've watched this guy he just about borders on being a football freak such is his ability to read the play, can mark and kick the ball long this club should be applauded over its recent recruitng..Sharrod Wellingham will be a star, Shannon Cox is very similar to the Darren Millane type player whilst young Brad Dick will set the football world ablaze when he gets going, Ben Reid for a 17 year old isn't far away.
I cant recall being so excited about our recruits the future of this club is shining very brightly!

Bigger than Buckley?????????
WTF??? come on mate take it esay.

skidmark 

I've still got worms...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:03 pm

hoggy wrote:

I'm sure bucks is taller no way clarke will get much taller...

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 am

daics cousin wrote:
Well said Joffa.GO pies Hey what about Chris Dawes?He'll be the rock of gibraltar in that forward line of ours when he finally gets going and Nathan Brown will sure up the backline with john anthony when john recovers.We will be a very hard team to stop once all the younger recruits get game time and develop their skills as senior players.
GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Dawes the baby faced asassin..is ready and willing to return..i've spoken to Chris a few times over the last couple of weeks he's a terrific bloke who loves his footy and cant wait to get back, without giving too much away this kid loves the rough stuff and aint scared he's our version of Jonathon Brown..Chris is still growing loves playing across half foward......its exciting when one has a good look at our recruiting over summer i can honestly tell you i believe this club is at the dawn of a great dynasty

MOTR 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 am

In Joffa's world Chris Dawes loves the rough stuff and is our own version of Jonathon Brown. Martin Clarke is a football freak, bigger and better than Nathan Buckley.

In Joffa's world Shannon Cox is a houehold name, as tough as Darren Millane, whilst young Brad Dick is setting the football world ablaze.

Now if only Joffa's world would collide with the real world.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 am

That is a hypothetical question.
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 am

I'm sure that if the Internet had existed when Buckley came to Collingwood there would have been a post saying "Buckley will be bigger than [insert Pie legend name here]"
And there would be plenty of derision aimed at that poster, yet such a prediction would have been hailed as oracle like today.
Beautiful thing about our great game is the continual turnover of players which leads to renewed hope and anticipation for the future.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:28 am

Yep, can't remember being this excited about our kids in a long time and I'm talking about the kids like Heater, Swan, Harry, Travis, Daisy, Pendles, Ego, Ruz, Cox, Anthony, as well as the newest kids like Ried, Brown, Dawes, Dick, Clarke, Wellingham.

Going to be very exciting watching this unfold over the next few seasons.

GO PIES
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:36 am

member34258 wrote:
I'm sure that if the Internet had existed when Buckley came to Collingwood there would have been a post saying "Buckley will be bigger than [insert Pie legend name here]"
And there would be plenty of derision aimed at that poster, yet such a prediction would have been hailed as oracle like today.
Beautiful thing about our great game is the continual turnover of players which leads to renewed hope and anticipation for the future.

hehe unfortunately the internet was very much around when Billy Morrisson came to the club as The Next Johnathon Brown....the author of said statement now looks more like an idiot than an oracle. hehe Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: