Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Winners Circle urgent Reminder

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Barracks - Home of the Magpie Army

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 am
Post subject: Winners Circle urgent ReminderReply with quote

Because of the high number of families and kids who frequent the winners circle after each victory it is everyones responsibility to ensure that all chants contain no offensive language.

We want everyone to enjoy the winners circle and we welcome everyone but to those who come to the circle intoxicated and think its fair to use gross language in front of children risk the embarrassment of being asked to leave the winners circle.

WE have to remember another important fact a lot of freaks hang around the outside of the circle pretending to enjoy themselves only to go home and email and or ring the club when and if foul language is used lets not make the freaks feel important.
The circle is good fun and we want it kept that way Smile
cheers everyone!!

thomasthegreat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

joff i did see you were a bit annoyed at the end when the younger ones started to get a bit offensive just seemed to finsh on low note because of this
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Hey joff, I was there yesterday, I noticed that you guys tried some of the a-league style chants but they didn't really work, I think we still have a way to go to get the involvement of everyone. I was a bit dissapointed by that after all the talk over the off season.

I was expecting a bit more from the CS too (don't flame me, this is constructive critisism) I thought there were plenty of opportunities for chanting that went begging and they were all the same old chants we have been hearing for years. Doesn't seem like much has changed after that mamoth thread on here.

The CS bay was pretty much full when the players ran out, there was plenty of time for some longer signing style chants after the club song finished but the CS was just sitting silently for much of it. Surely standing is ok before the game starts??
archie Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:41 pm

What are peoples thoughts on flares in winners circle? Smile
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:46 pm

punkologist wrote:
Hey joff, I was there yesterday, I noticed that you guys tried some of the a-league style chants but they didn't really work, I think we still have a way to go to get the involvement of everyone. I was a bit dissapointed by that after all the talk over the off season.

I was expecting a bit more from the CS too (don't flame me, this is constructive critisism) I thought there were plenty of opportunities for chanting that went begging and they were all the same old chants we have been hearing for years. Doesn't seem like much has changed after that mamoth thread on here.

The CS bay was pretty much full when the players ran out, there was plenty of time for some longer signing style chants after the club song finished but the CS was just sitting silently for much of it. Surely standing is ok before the game starts??

I don't think you were sitting directly next to the CS as I was then punkologist.The CS were in full force for atleast 85% of the game and I think they did a brilliant job (as usual) in supporting our boys and showing their passion and pride.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
punkologist Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:59 pm

magpiesgirl wrote:
punkologist wrote:

I don't think you were sitting directly next to the CS as I was then punkologist.The CS were in full force for atleast 85% of the game and I think they did a brilliant job (as usual) in supporting our boys and showing their passion and pride.

I sit just above the cs in the third row, surely if the cs were going crazy and making alot of noise we should be able to hear them from the second level? I was watching with interest because I had great expectations after all the talk during the off season.

I'm not saying all this to be negative. I really would like the CS to be able to get the whole ponny rocking, it would be amazing. I understand it won't happen overnight. I just didn't see much of a difference from previous years.

I was there at the winners circle and witnessed the fact that not many really were joining in. Joffa as usual did a great job but really struggled to get any of the newer chants up and running.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:41 pm

I gotta say the last quarter the atmosphere and cheering in the Ponsford Stand was unbelievable espeically on level 1, where i was.
Also on Level 2 i looked up and i could see some guy trying to lead the way and start the Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood etc.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:44 pm

The winners circle sure generates a lot of crowd afterwards. People pass by in awe. I stopped briefly to have a look but had to scoot.

But if there are idiots in there ruining it with foul language, then get them out i'd say. Though you would THINK people would be smart enough not to use that language knowing kids are around???

Kids love it, (the WC) would be a shame to see parents not partake if they know it would be like that...

punkologist Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
I gotta say the last quarter the atmosphere and cheering in the Ponsford Stand was unbelievable espeically on level 1, where i was.
Also on Level 2 i looked up and i could see some guy trying to lead the way and start the Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood etc.

no arguments there, I'm mainly refering to before the game, the first three quarters and the winners circle.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:34 pm

flares would rock in the winners circle i rekon
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:44 pm

i used to have a nice pair of Staggers Flares.........ahhhhhhhh those were the days.....
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:17 pm

hahaha

we should bring them back.......oh hang on, they are on the comeback!

archie Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:17 am

magpie_1983 wrote:
flares would rock in the winners circle i rekon

Haha, not sure if you are being serious or not, but I'll bring one to Richmond game. Cool

Tess wrote:
Ya know Jacqui I actually was thinking those flares when I first read that suggestion. I'm serious, and no I am not drinking or doing the cousins thing. I thought why would wearing flares upset anyone.....

What else did you think I was talking about? Wink

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:59 am

thomasthegreat wrote:
joff i did see you were a bit annoyed at the end when the younger ones started to get a bit offensive just seemed to finsh on low note because of this

Its annoying and frustrating we've all worked hard in getting something happening after each victory and only collingwood people do it..the winners circle is huge and becomes bigger we dont want drunks stuffing it all up...if need be police will be called over to remove the foul mouthed ones..im serious.
The kids love it and families love bringing the kids to it but it will quickly dissapear if its not done properly and respectfully.
And for any freaks out there seeing an oppertunity to feel important its on record when the lingo starts in the circle the joffa man is gone Smile

lets hope we dont have any future problems!!

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:13 am

archie im serious
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Barracks - Home of the Magpie Army All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: