Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

12-year-old has babysitter's baby

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:37 am
Post subject: 12-year-old has babysitter's babyReply with quote

12-year-old has babysitter's baby
Chris Tinkler
March 25, 2007

A 12-YEAR-old girl has given birth after allegedly being raped by her babysitter.

Matthew Vernon, 28, faces five charges of sexual penetration of a girl under 16 after allegedly preying on the primary school child from country Victoria while babysitting her at her home.

Mr Vernon is alleged to have begun the relationship with the girl when she was only 11.

He was charged after family and friends noticed the girl was pregnant and she allegedly told them Mr Vernon was the father.

It is believed DNA tests confirmed his paternity.

Sources close to the case said they had never before had a situation involving such a young girl.

The girl's parents are helping her to bring up the baby.

Mr Vernon has been charged with two counts of penetration with the penis and three digitally.

It is alleged he violated the girl at her home while her mother was in the garden.

In a further twist, sources close to the family have criticised authorities because Mr Vernon's mother works at a centre providing sexual assault counselling.

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,21441919-661,00.html

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i was totally gobsmacked when i read this. and the poor child had to travel to another town for counselling because she couldn't go to the local one.

Her parents are helping her raise the child. Goodness, she's only a baby herself.

magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:51 am

I was nearly in tears when I was reading this.Words can't describe my rage at the coward that did this to this poor,innocent child.What really gets me is that she has to travel to another town in order to receive councelling!Where is the justice,fairness and defence for this girl in that?

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:26 pm

What gets me is that a 12 year old can actually fall pregnant! Most girls don't start going through puberty til 13-14... at the earliest... of course there are the odd exceptions... But still... a 12 yr old...??? I find it a bit strange...
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:35 pm

The age of puberty is getting lower with girls as young as 9 going through it. Some doctors think it has something to do with all the additional hormones in the food chain.
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:37 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
The age of puberty is getting lower with girls as young as 9 going through it. Some doctors think it has something to do with all the additional hormones in the food chain.

It's true.I'm 20 in a week,and when I was 9,I had reasonbly developed breasts and had undergone other physical pubestant changes.At 10,I had had my first period.So yes,it is very possible for this girl to be physically ready to bear a child a 12 years.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:38 pm

gone are the days of children being children... once you hit puberty there is no going back! Girls change (mentally) when they hit puberty. I can'timagine what it would be like to be so young... still a baby herself and yet carrying one... it kinda irks me
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:41 pm

Apparently in America it's not unknown for children that age to already be having sex, which I find completely mind-boggling.

It's sad that someone so young was taken advantage of, it doesn't matter if it was consensual, a 28-year old should know better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: