Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Roos - all comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:25 pm
Post subject: Pre-Match. Pies v. Roos - all comments here please.Reply with quote

I can't stand the wait anymore. Let's bring it on in 2007.

So, the match on Saturday, how much will we win by? Smile

Pies by 17 points, with O'Bree BOG should it prove a wet track.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies by 68 points. Travis kicks 3, Rocca 4, Medhurst 3, Didak 3, Josh 3, with 2 each to Daisy, Leon and Heater.
cairnsmatt 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:20 pm

will didak be available??
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:00 am

highly unlikely, almost certain hes not playing
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:04 am

I'm tipping Pies by 72,with 4 from Cloke,probably cause Im biased lol

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:06 am

I dont think we can win by a huge margin like some are prediciting.

Pies by 23

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:11 am

Looking forward to it. Not sure if the live scoreboard will be running though, as we are still yet to find someone who can take care of it.
westernpie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:48 am

Not really sure what to think yet ,wont be surpraised if we get rolled in a close one.
ktszyu1 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:04 pm

Pies by 15, after an early scare. I think it will take us a while to get going this year.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Don't care about margins. A win between 1 and 100 points will surfice in Rd1 for me. Lets bank the first 4 points. Must win game if we're to make the 8. Yes. a "Must win" in Round 1. Drop this one and we'll be lucky to get a 2-4 start. Need to be looking at a 3-3 start worst case senario IMO to make the 8 or better.

We need to go over to Perth with a bit confidence. Which raises the question. What year did we last beat WCE in Perth? Was it in 92 when Troy Lehman kicked a point in the last seconds? Off topic a bit I know.

Back to this weeks game. Our midfield needs to win its battle and the rest should take care of its self. Brown will be their big guy to watch out for down forward and Wakes/Presti/Maxy should take care of him comfortably. Its the Roos little forwards that can damage us. Keep Grant Goaless and we'll have a major portion of the game won. The experiance of Tarks is probably required. Grant isn't super quick, so Tarks should be right for the Job. Tarks job should be to simply stay on Grant in a purely negative role. His job will be based on Grants stats, not his own. The other option is Lonie.

Rocca and Cloke will have Bannana Forito and Watts to contend with. Both our guys should have their measure. Fraser and Byran will interchange as the third Tall down forward and Ruck. That will be one of the things I'll be looking for. Where will Fraser play? Mainly Ruck or forward. I'm guessing it will be Ruck more often than not. Just feel Richards, whom I'm suspecting will interchange between the Ruck and bench if he gets a game, and Bryan are not going to hold down the ruck position like MM prefers and will simply be there to give the No 25 a break.

But it will come down to our 2002/03 game plan. WIN THE CLEARANCES! Win that stat, and I'll be very surprised if we loose.

Doubt I'll be down for the season opener with the addition of a another little Magpies supporter (maybe player!) due any day now. But will have an ear to the radio and watch the replay with, as always, great stress and interest.

Cheers

and Go Pies!!!!!!!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:57 am

Yep, we just have to fall over the line in this one. Don't care how ugly it looks, the youngsters just need a win early.
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 am

pietillidie wrote:
Yep, we just have to fall over the line in this one. Don't care how ugly it looks, the youngsters just need a win early.

Exactly,they need something to spark their confidence and beliefe from the word go.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Pies by 30.

I rekon it will be scrappy, but a decent win to start the season off.

I'm hoping Rocca can really lift and give himself, the team and supporters some confidence.

black&white blood 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:05 pm

i dont know what to make of this season i really dont know where we stand this season. I wont be surprised if we finish 15th or 3rd. I think its it because we have such a different list with alot of questions unanswerad like

Who is going to kick our goal? hopefully trav and pebs stand up with help from dids and co.

Is our mid to slow? If the shaw boys go in there with johnno and dale might be ok, dont think we can play ob, burnsy and licca in the mid at the same time.

Is the new in the back rule going to hinder clement? Hope not he is a pro should ajust.

Is guy going to stand up and help Josh in the ruck? If he doesnt this year i think his time might be up, need josh to push forward to kick goals.

What happens if we get a few injuries, are our kids go enough to stand up? really dont know- hope so brown and reid should be good.

Is bucks going to last the year? hope so because he is our leader he means so much to our team, even if he's not playing well he still has a big influnce. Bucks is collingwood....the day he stops playing whould be the saddest ever!

Is dids going to be as good as last year after a knee reco? I hope so his a champ.

In all those questions there is alot of ifs, butts, and maybes, thats way its such a hard year to know where we stand so lets just wait and see.
Go pies!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:41 am

With both Didak and Medhurst likely to miss the opening round, I'll have to adjust my earlier prediction. Pies by 32 points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: