Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ring tones/icons and sms gear HELP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:14 am
Post subject: ring tones/icons and sms gear HELPReply with quote

Being new to this SMS gear,I notice that on the www.collingwoodfc.com.au that we are able to get ring tones downloaded to our phones.
I have just taken delivery of a Motorola P7689 and I wouldnt have a CLUE on SMS or downloads....Can any one HELP with this problem.
I have a private email ad of pwandsj@ozonline.com.au,so if any one can assist PLEASE do.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, I'll post this here in case other mobile phone users can correct me or add further info.

most of the ringtones and logos, including those from the collingwood website, can only be downloaded to Nokia phones. there are 3 ways you can program the c'wood ringtone into your motorola phone:

1) use the P7689's composer function, for which you will need the code, and you can just enter it manually into the phone
2) get someone else, who has the ring tone on another compatible motorola phone, to send it to you.
3) use the P7689's WAP function to download it directly from the Internet.

option 1) is your best bet. I don't have a motorola phone, I use an Ericsson T39, so I have downloaded the P7689's manual from the Net to have a look-see.

The instructions for the composer is found on pages 73-74. you use your key pad to enter in musical notes; all you need are the codes. unfortunately, these codes are not readily available for motorola's, but I have noticed that the motorola set up is very similar to an ericsson, so you might want to try that.

the ericsson code for the c'wood theme song is:

+C+CB+D+CA+CGPAB+CAGEGP+C+CB+D+CA+
CGPGABB+CA+D

you will note on page 73 that the keypads on the P7689 each corresponds to a musical note, i.e. 1=C, 2=D, 3=E, and so forth. just go into your composer (following the instructions on page 73) and enter in the above code. the "+" means a sharp note, so on the P7689, you have to hold down the 9 button to make a note into a sharp

for example, to enter in a +C, first enter 1 for C, then press 9 to make it into a +C (see page 74).

sounds bloody complicated, but it really isn't! just follow the instructions closely on pages 73-74. also, I have no idea if the above code will work because it's for an Ericsson phone, but, unfortunately, motorola codes are very hard to come by!

as for logos, they are currently only available for Nokia phones I think, so I can't help you there.

"consectatio excellentiae"
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:48 am

Thank you Junkboy 75.I shall print down your entry (subject to copy rite) an check out the section.
According to Telstra (who are they) the PIES song is the only thing that can be downloaded on the Motorola P7689.
Thanks heaps

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:46 am

Telstra tell me that the dopwnloads can be only done on a NOKIA.Typical of them,but what the heck I shall stay as Advance Australia Fair.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: