Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game against the Swans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:00 am
Post subject: Game against the SwansReply with quote

Can some-one tell me whether this is a training run,a practise match or fair dimkum.
The Pies are playing like a pack of school kids.Firstly Lockett KO's the full back (name elluds me at present)and since quarter time the Swans have played all over them.There is NO half forward line,NO centre line,the Forward line is trying,but not succeeding and all over the Swans are giving as a bath.At least my mrs is happy,but ME.....I have left the game to her????
Tell me when its over,I cant stand the agony....I suppose that the rookies are trying,but where are the 2 or 3 year players.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Bones 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, but one thing is for sure, it is disgraceful that the game is not even on radio..
The AFL site is barely working. Never mind the live chat is here tho

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:13 pm

wakelin was the one KO'ed by fatguts, but at least lockett didn't kick a goal for the game. agreed, it's pretty piss poor that there wasn't even radio coverage; the "live" scores and stats on the AFL website were s-l-o-w.

yeah, sounded like a real schlacking, but still it is only pre-season.

"consectatio excellentiae"
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:19 pm

For those of you who couldn't watch the game, be grateful!

I found it a very painful experience.

Colours are an illusion. There is only black and white.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:51 pm

Well i went into the game full of confidence. Overall i was pretty disappointed with the effort but it must be remembered that Sydney had already played a practice game and i believe fielded a stronger team than Collingwood.

I thinking the positives were Jason Cloke as he looks a bit of a player in the making.

Brodie Holland looked pretty good as did Adkins.

Please dont start bagging Cummings as he cannot be judged upon that performance. Cummings will be at his best when Tarrant, Rocca and Molloy are up forward to help him out.

I was very disappointed by the way we let Sydney imtimidate us. Thats why its imperative that Molloy plays week in and week out. Cloke also looks like a tough nut which will help Rintoul and Burns.

Anyway who would want to win a trophy called the Wizard Cup........lol lol

I have another query..........why did Foxtel pick up Matthew Campbell a channel 7 hack ??

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 3:54 pm

LOL.....Well said Mandy...those without FoxTel should be glad!!

Didak, I thought, showed some great signs today....I also thought that young Tom Davidson tried pretty hard and he has some very obvious potential! I don't understand why we always fall victim to Sydney's flooding tactics..they had us blanketed all day with no free space to get our running game going and the way they always seem to get numbers around the ball, as well as having loose men everywhere, we were pretty much covered for most of the game with hardley anybody free to run and the fact that they use this tactic and succeed with it every time they play us annoys me! Why can't we combat these flooding tactics?? Last time I checked each team has the same amount of players on the ground!

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:52 pm

Spoke to Collingwood runner no.6 at 1/4 time, asked him how Wakelin was. He told me he was fine but wasn't going to go back on.Lockett the thug should have been reported.
Thought Chipper, Dids, Bucks, Brodie, Steinfort, Cloke and Podsiadly had good games.
McKee was absolutely pathetic, beaten by all swan's ruckmen including young Mott. Johnson must be our new clanger king.His disposal was terrible. Cummings well I suppose our lack of centre drives didn't help him, but he really didn't perform.
Finally could someone find Tristen Walker a cake of soap. Early in the last quarter in front of many young children and loud enough to be heard in Sydney, he let go with most loudest
F@#! I have ever heard at a game of footy.Wash his mouth out immediately.

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:38 pm

Gee did I mention Steinfort had a good game!!!!!!!!!!
Well he did a couple of good things. His disposal does suck.
And Pods, tough assignment. Tried very hard.
A funny moment was Plugger trying to catch Leon Davis. I'm sure if Leon knew who it was he would have had a couple more bounces.
Well, first game, much improvement needed. No excuses but would be interesting when both sides are at full strength. Must combat Sydney's flooding. They do it to us all the time.
It was a quiet drive back to Sydney after the game. Kids were disappointed. They were even more disappointed when Hungry Jacks at Marulan was closed because of a power failure.
Hope to see better performance next week.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:50 am

I was at this game and even though we had around 10 regular senior players out - to be truthful there wasn't much of a fight put up. I don't know if it was lack of interest or the humidity, but there wasn't much run or pace. You would expect the skills to be low early season, and they were.

Having said this, it was the first pre-season hit out and there is no need to panic. Best players were Adkins (great to see him back), Cloke (looks promising), Clement (made a few mistakes), Holland (needs to concentrate on the ball rather than responding to the crowd slagging him off!) Didak showed a few glimpses, Lockyer was solid as was Lonie and Bucks.

Cummings had a shocker - put it this way - he couldn't play any worse, dropping marks, slipping over, slow running, when he finally marked right in front 35 out in the last couple of minutes he missed the goal. L. Davis had a shocker also, as did freeborn, mcKee.

We can only get better for the run, and the swans had a full strength team except schwass, o'loughlin and goodes, plus we played rookies on hall all day as he ran amok.

"Grinners are Winners.."

[This message has been edited by Millane42 (edited 18 February 2002).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:46 am

I have heard that Kelly has been reported and Lockett may be summonsed on video evidence.I hope that they chuck the book at him.
There have been comments made via ch10 that Lockett was trying to should how SUPERIOR he was. My mrs siad a BIG FAT tub of LARD has just squished a MAGPIE player???? and then she complained that Lockett wasnt reported for striking,getting into his back and just about choking him to death,and my mrs is a Swans supporter.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:47 am

I have heard that Kelly has been reported and Lockett may be summonsed on video evidence.I hope that they chuck the book at him.
There have been comments made via ch10 that Lockett was trying to should how SUPERIOR he was. My mrs said a BIG FAT tub of LARD has just squished a MAGPIE player???? and then she complained that Lockett wasnt reported for striking,getting into his back and just about choking him to death,and my mrs is a Swans supporter??????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:30 am

That kelly charge should be a definite rubbing out, at no stage did he go for the ball. as for lockett, if he keeps up that sort of neanderthal behaviour he'll also get rubbed out during the year!

"Grinners are Winners.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: