Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Didak !!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:00 pm
Post subject: Didak !!!!Reply with quote

After going to the intra-club match today, I am convinced that Didak is a "STAR" in the making. Reminds me a bit of Daicos in the way he looks and moves. To all of the people who have said he's slow, he out ran Rhyce Shaw to kick a beautiful goal. I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop into the great player he was touted as being.

slaNgman

MarkT 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to be impressed with Didak. I hope he gets some good opportunites in the preseason and can put himself in the lineup for round 1.

Any news on Reece Shaw from the game or training?
I saw him play prior to being drafted and I was impressed. He doesn't seem to have improved as quickly as someof the other youngsters though.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 10 February 2002).]
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:10 pm

Rhyce Shaw has copped a fair bit of critisism over the last couple of months so I was eager to see him play. I must say that I was impressed with his application and enthusiasm. His skills and decision making still need work, but you could apply that to a number of players not just him. I think he is on the right track, but his development is slower than would've been expected.

A player who's long term future im concerned with is Ben Johnson. Hopefully he had 2nd year blues last year coz i can't see which position he could make his own and cement a permanent place in the side. I know he has a lot of courage and determination, but I think he lacks that bit of flair that Didak and Adkins have. It's these sort of players that he'll be battling for a spot against.

slaNgman69

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:27 pm

i'm actually pretty convinced that johnson will play 150+ games for us. he has a great ability to gather the ball around packs, and his kicking, though it looks awkward, is usually pretty efficient. plus he's tough. he doesn't take any crap. he should become a permanent, consistent member of our side.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 3:40 am

Thanks for the news on Reece. I hope he can get it together. Pretty stiff competition for the spots he could take though.

I am pretty happy with with Ben's progress. He had a very promising 1st year and was not so prominent last year. That is not unusual. This is his big year though. I can see him as our long term hard at it midfielder. He may not have the flair of some but his skills are good enough. He playes a different game to most of our midfielders and you need a good mix. Hopefully he gets plenty of time early this season to show his ball winning ability and hardness.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:38 am

Rhyce Shaw seemed to get a lot of the ball but I'm not sure if I only noticed because his hair has been dyed white and he stood out like the proverbial.

Get Smart 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:26 am

Didak- It did look like he was going to go at No.1 in the 2000 draft. He came with an impressive record at Port Adelaide in the Sanfl so he should grow into a very important player for us. I saw little of him in 2001, but what I saw impressed.
Shaw- Talking to people his problem is attitude.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:36 pm

I agree foxy, young benny boy is a potential 150 + gamer.
Might seem a bit awkward but he has got a tougness about him which is rare in someone so young. As for a possible spot in the side i would look at a back pocket in lieu of Dimmatina. Use him as a run with type tagger once he gets stronger...

Louis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: