Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More hoon stories

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:39 pm
Post subject: More hoon storiesReply with quote

Continuing the topics of hoon drivers last night a very drug influenced driver almost killed me and my mates in a cab.

As we had the green light we obviously had the right to drive this guy comes speeding at an incredible rate through a red light and smashed into the front of our cab, it was a bit of quick thinking from our cabbie which prevented the car from being polaxed into the side of our cab quite possibly killing or severely injuring us.

As I got out of the car to check on the other driver of the car it was blatantly obvious that this person and his mate had taken a severe concoction of drugs. And just to make things better for them they both ran off. One of them returned the other was later found.

I'm not sure where we go from here but I'm counting my self very lucky to be here and typing this.

The only just punishment would be a jail sentence for this moron, however with our judicial system a slap on the wrist will do the trick no doubt.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the other driver a P-plater?
Hooked
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Yep he didnt kill you, so thats all he will get. And the passanger will get off scott free and im sure he had something to do with it as well...

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't believe he was, they were still young however.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:22 pm

When I was a kid, I used to have fun getting my old HQ kingswood sideways on the dirt roads way out of town. There was no traffic, the car was flat stick at 150kmh and the worse that could happen to anyone was I'd lose it into the table drain and have to walk 5kms to find someone to tow me out.

Nowdays, kids are in control of machinery that goes over 200kmh and don't have the skill to handle them, drugs are a way of life and these dickheads are doing "the fast and the furious" impressions on public roads. Thank god for the new Police power to impound vehicles. I know of one idiot who has written off 1 car and had two others impounded. How he still has a licence has got me buggered. As long as the Police are cracking down on this behaviour and hitting them where it hurts, taking their cars away, the circle will turn. Hopefully we won't need more vigilantes like in Mill Park where people, sick of hoons, set fire to alleged hoon cars in their driveways.

And before anyone has a go at me for being irresponsible for going sideways on dirt roads, I did it where I could only hurt myself. in over 20 years of driving, I've been in 2 accidents. Both as a passenger and neither were the drivers fault.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:35 am
Post subject: Re: More hoon storiesReply with quote

bazdaddy wrote:
Continuing the topics of hoon drivers last night a very drug influenced driver almost killed me and my mates in a cab.

As we had the green light we obviously had the right to drive this guy comes speeding at an incredible rate through a red light and smashed into the front of our cab, it was a bit of quick thinking from our cabbie which prevented the car from being polaxed into the side of our cab quite possibly killing or severely injuring us.

As I got out of the car to check on the other driver of the car it was blatantly obvious that this person and his mate had taken a severe concoction of drugs. And just to make things better for them they both ran off. One of them returned the other was later found.

I'm not sure where we go from here but I'm counting my self very lucky to be here and typing this.

The only just punishment would be a jail sentence for this moron, however with our judicial system a slap on the wrist will do the trick no doubt.

Well first of all baz im pleased to hear your ok, why didnt you guys detain the driver until policed arrived ?

Do we have citizens arrest rights in this country im asking because im not sure ?

Anyone who gets into a car drugged and or pissed and drives that car really deserves a kick up the arse and the law has to come down as hard as possible..really the whole thing is nothing but a joke!

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:53 am

personally i wouldnt try to arrest anyone joff, who knows if they have a needle or knife, i wouldnt risk getting stabbed or jabbed.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:54 am

I am still skeptical.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:45 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:

Well first of all baz im pleased to hear your ok, why didnt you guys detain the driver until policed arrived ?

Do we have citizens arrest rights in this country im asking because im not sure ?

Anyone who gets into a car drugged and or pissed and drives that car really deserves a kick up the arse and the law has to come down as hard as possible..really the whole thing is nothing but a joke!
I guess we never really thought about it, I was on the 000 and i think me other mates were just basically comprehending what had happened. Nor did we think theyd run off. As I said they have both be detained so I'm just waiting on a follow up call as to what will happen.
member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:43 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:

If we do or don't have right of arrest laws in Aus I would be extremely wary of trying to detain anyone who was affected by drugs. Very likely that these idiots would injure or even kill you without even knowing that it was happening.
I was reading a recent copy of Wheels magazine and a writer related the fact that in Japan, the passanger gets the exact same sentence/loss of licence that the driver gets if he is caught over the alcohol limit. The Japanese claim that such drink driving offenses have dropped by 70% since the law came in.
Maybe we need to adopt similar laws here?
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:29 pm

Glad to hear you are ok Baz. Nothing worse than these moron's who think they MUST drive like hero's to impress....someone?...who??? I don't know...

Speaking of hoons, I wish the cops would come and sit outside my new neighbours house one weekend. They would get their monthly quota in one night from hoon driving and drinking and taking their ecky's.

The git has been in the house not even two months, cops have been there 6 times, I have lived here 20 years and never seen a cop in the street at all.
Why someone would buy their 21 yo moron child a house in an area like ours is beyond me. Anyway, a couple more $500 fines for noise violations might pull the idiot up.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Thats the problem with our police force, stuck giving out fines because snobby old women want complete silence in their area and yet arent allowed to do anything about the real criminals because the people in charge wont let the cops touch them
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:07 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Thats the problem with our police force, stuck giving out fines because snobby old women want complete silence in their area and yet arent allowed to do anything about the real criminals because the people in charge wont let the cops touch them

You are a very funny little one really you are - so that is the problem with our police force is it - you would be surprised at the number of illegal drug manufacture, supply and weapons busts that originate from serial noise violation offenders

But then you would know that - you must know Christine Nixon surely Wink

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:51 am

Morrigu wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

You are a very funny little one really you are - so that is the problem with our police force is it - you would be surprised at the number of illegal drug manufacture, supply and weapons busts that originate from serial noise violation offenders

But then you would know that - you must know Christine Nixon surely Wink

Actually no I wouldnt be suprised because I know how many do and its not a very high % and most of them are suspicious houses long before, I also know how many are a complete waste of time and for stupid things when the noise isnt that loud anyway and they are not troublemakers but just bitchy women who are having a sook. 90% of noise complaints come from women and 70% of complaints are a joke but the police still have to be seen to be doing the right thing and have to tell people to keep it down.

Hell I have also heard stories of noise complaints and the cops have arrived and were unsure if it was the right house as there was hardly enough noise to warrant a complaint, but old women complain usually because they can see a party going on and not hear it but hate their neighbours.

As for Christine, fortunately I have never met her although been at the same place many times I couldnt hold back if i went and talked to her
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:31 am

member34258 wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:

If we do or don't have right of arrest laws in Aus I would be extremely wary of trying to detain anyone who was affected by drugs. Very likely that these idiots would injure or even kill you without even knowing that it was happening.
I was reading a recent copy of Wheels magazine and a writer related the fact that in Japan, the passanger gets the exact same sentence/loss of licence that the driver gets if he is caught over the alcohol limit. The Japanese claim that such drink driving offenses have dropped by 70% since the law came in.
Maybe we need to adopt similar laws here?
Im pretty sure if you rang the police and said we have the bastard in a head lock and one of my mates is sitting on him they'd be there as quick as possible....people could have been killed here ok no one was killed but the possibility must of been huge, these drug effected and or drunken arseholes who get behind the wheel of a car must be stopped end of story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: