Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Banning of the Mexican Wave

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Didaicos wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:
If they only did the wave itself, then keep it. But this throwing of beer and ice and the like is absolutely childish stuff. For a start, who in their right mind would want to toss away a full beer?.

Especially at the price they charge at the MCG!

Thats what i mean, it costs an arm and a leg to buy one of those damn things, why waste it by tossing it over someone? hehehe

ANd Joff

Half the time these idiots go with the full intention of creating a disturbance. Some go near the Barmy Army to cause shit too.. I remember being there one night, and deliberately going to stand next to the Barmy Army because of how much fun they were. Not to mention we were giving them a nice ear clipping on the way. But I remember I used to love Gough for the Poms and joined in the BA when he bowled.

Anyway, it is just for bogan's if ya ask me. Definately something I am not or never been. Even if i DO enjoy a bundy every now and then!!! lol

Last edited by ~Madness~ on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:08 am

favourites 2006 wrote:
I think the problem starts with the bag checking, its a disgrace .

You are dead right here faves. My sister and I do a tally every year of who can get by the bag checkers without being checked. We don't avoid them, we just walk straight through. It is hillarous. Which is why I say to many people that I worry more about a terrorist attack at the MCG or Telstra than I do by going on holiday's to Bali.

In Sydney one year I went to go in the wrong gate, they had checked my bag, but then sent me elsewhere, when I got to the other gate, I said "they checked my bag at gate X" so they let me through, I could have been crapping on and taken anything in.

Boffins will always get into the cricket with their stuff with the intention of causing havoc. I just find it immature and silly! But if you read some on here, I am very old!!!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:25 pm

Silly old women, go sit in MCC members if you want to sit there in peace and have a boring time at the cricket
Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:50 pm

They've surveillance cameras all over the crowd. Why don't they identify the culprits, eject them and ban them for life?

The times I've been, it wasn't the Mexican Wave responsible for things being thrown up. Most times it's the crap food they sell. Why not ban the caterers?

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Im really dissapointed its band and it seems to me, with the exception of the odd few, everyone wants the mexican wave to stay, besides the fun police ofcourse...

same goes with the beachball.. how harmless is that? is the ball gonna poke someones eye out? or knock them out?, highly highly unlikely?

at the last ODI, my mate got ejected by security for hitting a beach ball! hitting a beach ball! got a grip...
the police with common sence actually took him out just for the securitys satisfaction and brought him back in minutes later.

get a grip and let us enjoy ourselves, sensibly ofcourse
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:44 pm

http://www.savethemexicanwave.com/

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:37 am

it wasnt that bad today.

kinda sad missing out on the countdown, a group trying to get it going, and all the "ohhhh!'s" after it doesnt take off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:37 am

BRoDieZ^BaBY wrote:
it wasnt that bad today.

kinda sad missing out on the countdown, a group trying to get it going, and all the "ohhhh!'s" after it doesnt take off.
Im all for fun in the outer but as soon as people start getting hurt its gotta stop, maybe the solution is to ban alcohol at all sporting venues, you've only gotta walk out after any Collingwood game and see the drunken hoons in action, some people only see sporting events as a reason to get absolutely pissed out of there brains
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:38 am

Do you still not buy that argument him or herself as English football it as intenseif a different way and English clubs fans manage it? Do you have any idea what I am talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: