Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Banning of the Mexican Wave

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:00 pm
Post subject: Banning of the Mexican WaveReply with quote

What are they gonna do, eject 80,000 people?

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the mexican wave in itself is fun and harmless, but there is a small element of f***tards who choose to spoil it for everyone by throwing up into the air, everything they can, not caring about other people who may be hit by these objects.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:58 pm

Got pretty willing (as willing as an MW can get!) at the first ODI this summer. Good fun until the bottles got going.

But what happens when one does catch on? Sure, they'll evict parts of the area which kick it off, however when a whole stadium gets going...what do you do? Pull everyone out? Laughing
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:02 pm

It's stupidity, it's impossible to ban it. It doesn't get started by one individual, its started by almost an etire bay of people. Plus it's fun, maybe a few idiots who choose to ruin but really it's fine.
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:48 pm

First ODI i ever went to was a few years ago at the g against england. Wave was so bad and so much crap was thrown on to the ground it stopped the game for a while. I think it was around 40 degrees that day. It was fun at the start, but by the end of it, people were throwing up golf balls and all. So easy to get hurt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:50 pm

All they have to do is pinpoint the people who instigate the wave. With enough cameras this will be easy to do. Have you seen how they guide the police to the person they want to eject? Very easy.
A couple of matches with 20 or 30 people ejected and the wave will die a natural death. Where do people get the idea that you have to eject everyone involved in the act?
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:18 am

If they only did the wave itself, then keep it. But this throwing of beer and ice and the like is absolutely childish stuff. For a start, who in their right mind would want to toss away a full beer?

Also, who else would want to toss a cup of p155 in the air for the mere fact it might actually backfire when the bloke two rows back throws his on you??

I used to enjoy the wave, but it is childish, borish and just plain dumb to toss the other stuff in the air. But this is typical of some these days.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 pm

Its feral

jlc

favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:25 pm

I know its feral, and childish and dumb ect but the big picture is when you go there is at least 20-30,000 ppl throwing stuff, they cant eject every1, surely.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:05 pm

Lance Whitnall makes a mexican wave every time he gets into a bath tub.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:35 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
If they only did the wave itself, then keep it. But this throwing of beer and ice and the like is absolutely childish stuff. For a start, who in their right mind would want to toss away a full beer?.

Especially at the price they charge at the MCG!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 am

~Madness~ wrote:
If they only did the wave itself, then keep it. But this throwing of beer and ice and the like is absolutely childish stuff. For a start, who in their right mind would want to toss away a full beer?

Also, who else would want to toss a cup of p155 in the air for the mere fact it might actually backfire when the bloke two rows back throws his on you??

I used to enjoy the wave, but it is childish, borish and just plain dumb to toss the other stuff in the air. But this is typical of some these days.
Very true madness and these same smart arses hoods lairs hooligans who think its enjoyable injuring other people with bottles and other crap being thrown into the air laugh and mock the barmy army...hows that figure ?
Hugor Leo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:23 am

Haven't been to a cricket or footy game in Melbourne for years but in Subiaco you can't buy or bring in cans or glass bottles. If you buy a beer or spirit mixes they pour it into those plastic cups. They wouldn't hurt anybody.
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:35 am

favourites 2006 wrote:
I know its feral, and childish and dumb ect but the big picture is when you go there is at least 20-30,000 ppl throwing stuff, they cant eject every1, surely.

I'm sure they will just get rid of the people/groups that start it each time, and people caught throwing dangerous objects into the air.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:29 pm

I think the problem starts with the bag checking, its a disgrace if they fixed that up im sure you wouldnt have all the dangerous stuff to throw up. The guy behind me had braught in a full slab of bottled grog, now you tell me if they are checking bags... when you go to a concert you have to go through metal detectors ect and patted down, when you go to the cricket the guy checking bags says to you "if you have any grog you better skull it now" and then "i can't be bothered checking your bag just tell me if ya got any bottles.." thats where the problem starts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: