Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

By the fans for the fans?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this can work.

Other than the skills that have enabled you to get this far, no computer or web experience will be necessary. Moderation is just a matter of editing and deleting, which most of you already do to your own posts. I will be available for assistance if needed. If you need to ban a user or make other significant changes such as adding or removing forums, you make a group decision and email me and it's done, no questions asked.

The following are just a few ideas to get the ball rolling and so that you can see what it is that I am trying to suggest. They are just my ideas nothing more.

- Bury our differences, forget our egos and let past differences remain in the past and remember why we're doing this: because we all share a love of Collingwood. There will be no room for personal differences or vendettas.

- Set up a new forum for administration (private? - open to long term members only?).

- Decisions made by vote. Voting is by members who have been registered for a defined length of time.

- Roster moderation so that no one person controls a public forum for longer than a given period of time (a week, a month - whatever is decided).

- Hold meetings on-line and decisions are made by the majority of those attending or else put to the users as a whole and then votes posted on the Bulletin Board.

- Initially I will not participate in management other than in the capacity of an advisor, if needed. Otherwise the natural tendency will be to defer to me which will defeat the purpose of the exercise. Later, when the dynamic is established, I can participate as an ordinary voting member.

- New members will obviously not be included in decision making and may feel excluded, but long term membership should be rewarded and newcomers will also have an incentive to stick around.

Any more? Let's discuss it tonight.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:20 am

sounds great mike. i'm happy to help in any way.

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:30 am

Count me in 4 sure guys. Thats only if u guys wont me to help out.

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
Foreverpies 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:00 pm

If ya need an extra pair of hands count me in!!
I am not real cluey when it comes to websites but I am sure I can do anything else!!
Your da Bomb Mike!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:06 pm

I'd be able to 'watch' for 'junk posts' etc over the midnight hours by virtue of the fact its the middle of the day for me. I think what Mike suggested about leaving egos at the door, and having rolling moderations etc makes very sound advice.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:38 pm

All sounds positive.

How do we find out the results of anything decided if this site is not accessable tomorrow?

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:54 pm

People this is why we are unique and the reason collingwood people stand a mile above the rest of the scum.
We have rallied behind our collingwood comrade (mike) the guy who has given us so much pleasure and wants a break to concentrate on other matters, now it looks as though the continuation of nicks board is up to the rest of us, i just pray and hope the response from people is genuine, what im trying to say is it's committment time, if we carry out our pledge to run this board togeteher IT WILL STAY if we lose interest WE LOSE THE SITE

In true collingwood fashion lets grab it and continue this site as the leader amongst all football bulletin boards,in football terms mike has won the hard ball in the centre, we are 1 point down in the dying moments...mike handpasses it 15 metres to a group of team mates storming into the forward line...are we gonna grab the bastard and kick the biggest goal ever or will we.....umm im not goin there.

ITs up to us
LETS DO IT!!!!

Mike i pledge my support in helping to keep this site, you have my oath, please email me with any help which you think i can contribute to the keeping of this site and thank you for the oppertunity i was actually feeling quite depressed for a few days when i heard this site was no longer to be.
thanks mate
joffa

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:10 pm

Yeah.....lets do it!!

In true Collingwood Spirit.....

WE ARE GONNA GRAB THE BASTARD AND KICK THE WINNING GOAL!!

...Roster Moderation sounds good!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:04 pm

Bring it on...Hey, I've got a bit of IT experience. I very happy to assist. Mike - thanks !

ed healey 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:51 pm

i would help if i could,but with my limited knowledge id probably flick the wrong switch and blow the site up.
i will be with you in spirit ,hope it works out.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 2:00 pm

Us????
Moderating ourselves????

I feel very, very scared!!

-Craig

P.S. Count me in for any assistance I can give

Welcome to 2002! The year of the MAGPIES!

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:12 pm

sounds great! any way i can help??

danny.... i will never forget you. Sad
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:21 pm

Its so obvious what this site means to us all Mike. And as the Joff said, its what truly makes Collingwood people so unique. The brotherhood and the 'one in, all in' attitude that I love and what keeps me faitful to the Black and White.

You can count me in,
I will help in any way I can.

Carn the Pies.
And long live Nick's Collingwood page.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:56 am

I AM SOOOO IN!!!
lol, didn't think u'd be doin anything without ME did u guyz??

lol, well i love my computer, and when it comes to a site I LUV IT EVEN MORE!! so i'm pretty nifty wen it comes to compys
but that is, if u want my.... wot is it joffy? my 10 yr old brain in and helping? or 11? or 12? i'm lost... lol

You see, i told and explained to nearly every1 i knew, about nicks, and how its the best, but how it was goin to close down... and they ALL SAID THE SAME THING... "start your own!" but see, it was hard to explain to them, that i cant.. i mean... they dont understand that this was NICKS BB CLOSING DOWN not just any site.... THE site... and there can neva be another one REMOTLY close to how good this is.

so all that was said to that question was no...

but seein as now there is the chance of helping out this booooooooootaful site... then HERE I AM! #18 AND ALL!

i missd the meet on the 31st.... due to the near death of our HOUSE, lol... so did we come to any decisions??????

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends

[This message has been edited by @shLicuria (edited 03 February 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:44 pm

Yes ash we are all chipping in to get you a DICTIONARY....LOL

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: