Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

IRAQ

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
lambs brains for tea wrote:
How many innocent Iraqi's were killed under the rule of saddam?

Good question however i'll answer it with another question how many people have been murdered raped butchered in Sudan ?
Why isnt the coalition in sudan to stop the Genocide ?

Let's face it. The US might like to be seen as a "Team America" policing the world, but that could never be the case. The fact, and we should all know this anyhow, is that the US are only in Iraq because it serves their purposes. That, however, is not to say that what they are doing is not achieving a positive solution...

As Pezza mentions, the organization that IS designed to be out there preventing injustice is the United Nations. However, their own conflicting interests have ensured that the carnage will continue in Sudan and elsewhere.

joffa corfe wrote:
The fact is David we're both guilty of being hypocrites because you have stated you wouldnt pick up arms and go to war even if it meant an invasion of our homeland but in this case you seem to be advocating the coailitions right to invade and murder, myself i dont like war and totally opposed to it but then again if our homeland was under invasion i'd certainly pick up arms to protect it Wink

I didn't say that I wouldn't fight to protect our country, I simply said that, due to my own cowardice, I would want to avoid it. Anyhow, that does not make me a hypocrite if I still support a war on principles. I do not want to join the armed forces: that point is certain. However, that does not preclude me from making an honest and logical judgement about whether a war is 'right' or 'wrong'. I can see what you're trying to say, and by the way I don't think you are a hypocrite either in this case.

Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:58 pm

It's very simple. You broke it, you own it. Thanks George W.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:04 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/02/04/1170523960810.html

Quote:
A suicide bomber detonated about one tonne of explosives in the bustling Sadriya market, in a largely Shiite enclave, at 5pm as Saturday shoppers finished buying food for dinner and men sipped coffee at cafes nearby, police said.

I read something like this, and then wonder that anybody could seriously state that America does not have a moral responsibility to stay in Iraq.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:53 am

David wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/02/04/1170523960810.html

Quote:
A suicide bomber detonated about one tonne of explosives in the bustling Sadriya market, in a largely Shiite enclave, at 5pm as Saturday shoppers finished buying food for dinner and men sipped coffee at cafes nearby, police said.

I read something like this, and then wonder that anybody could seriously state that America does not have a moral responsibility to stay in Iraq.
Its very easy David to pick and chose stories to back up an argument if you want to go down that track let me know and i'll get ya pics of blown up kiddies on stretchers in Baghdad hospital just to back up my argument
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:58 pm

yeah, but Joffa, who blew up those kiddies may I ask?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:25 am

David wrote:
At a guess i'd probably have to say people protesting at the Coalition's presence in Iraq
lambs brains for tea Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:41 am

joffa corfe wrote:
David wrote:
At a guess i'd probably have to say people protesting at the Coalition's presence in Iraq
The hatered between the shites and the sunnis that has existed for centuries would ofcourse have had nothing to do with it I suppose? Also let us not forget the kurds in the north. They were never used as target practice by saddams forces were they.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:51 am

joffa corfe wrote:
David wrote:
The hatered between the shites and the sunnis that has existed for centuries would ofcourse have had nothing to do with it I suppose? Also let us not forget the kurds in the north. They were never used as target practice by saddams forces were they.
And it must also be pointed out the sunnis and shites have lived together pretty well with many successful marriages and families.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:00 am

War is bloody nonsense and is a sad reflection that mankind isn't really as great as what it thinks it is...What did these poor children ever do to anyone ?

Last edited by joffa corfe on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:02 am

and again...
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:41 am

3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:49 am

pezza wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Does anyone remember a couple of towers that use to be in New York?
Or is that ok with some as it was only" Americans"?

When the towers were hit, the rules of war were changed forever!

I find it amazing how some people can adopt American culutre,(The rap version of our club song for example.) Yet take cheap shots every chance they can at the country they stopped our national language becoming japanese.
We should never forget the tragedy of the twin towers but let me pose another question how many innocent Iraqi citizens have been killed since the invasion of the coalition ?
How many innocent Iraqi's were killed under the rule of saddam?

Good question however i'll answer it with another question how many people have been murdered raped butchered in Sudan ?
Why isnt the coalition in sudan to stop the Genocide ?

Thats an excellent question Joff. This is something the United Nations should be hotly pursuing. Unfortunately the UN is a toothless tiger.

The U.N the slowest moving weak as piss organisation in the world. The U.N and the Clinton administration has the blood of 800 000 Rwandans on their hands. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a part of the Western World.

Clinton did nothing to help these poor people. Why? Because he didnt want to lose any more votes in case of another 'Somalia' incident. General Romeo Dallaire (my hero) pleaded for more troops as the Tutsi minority were systematically butchered over 100 days. What did they do? They took all remaining troops out!!

Sorry about this rant but this still makes me sick.

What also pisses me off is that this monkey George W wants to pump MORE money into this futile Iraq war.

The amount of money spent on this war could have been used rebuild half of Africa.

Disgraceful
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Your first point is excellent Roddy, but then it seems you contradict yourself.
So, you agree that it was wrong for the UN and US to abandon Rwanda, but now you believe they should do the same to Iraq?
In my mind, if the US pulled out of Iraq now, that's basically what they would be doing, abandoning the country in a state of civil war.

joffa corfe wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
David wrote:
And it must also be pointed out the sunnis and shites have lived together pretty well with many successful marriages and families.

What's your point? Sunnis and Shiites used to love each other, and now they just decided to blow each other up? Let's be a little realistic here.

Also, you used sarcasm to deflect my original question. What I was asking was, did the US troops cause these children's injuries, or was it the 'insurgents'?

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:48 pm

Tess wrote:
Don't forget East Timor....

Wasn't there a Maysian conflict?

Are you referring to "The Emergency" in the 60's? If so, my grandfather was there.

The US is a disgrace to the Western World. I will never forget the stories my mother in law has told me of when she was a child in Vietnam. My partners family on his mothers side are all Chinese Malaysia, and his fathers side are all Jewish. Both families have gone through the warn first hand, and have lost a lot of family. My boyfriends great grandparents were killed in wars....one in the Malaysian Emergency, in which our RAAF were a part of, the other, in the Vietnam war.

All of the wars of this world are caused by religion. As I've always said since I was a kid, **** religion (no offence to those who are infact religious). I do not see the point in blowing up each other over actions caused and done by because of your beliefs. Ridiculous.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:13 pm

Please explain the religious connections of the Vietnam, first world, second world, boer, Maori or Korean wars. Your statement that all wars are started by religion is not only untrue it is simply foolish and uninformed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: