Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BDO in Sydney - WTF!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the one that claimed to know why it happened, you are. You said we all know. Did youn stop and think why is it Lebanese youths and not Chinese or Vietnamese? Did you stop and think about some of the structural issues, such as the level of migrant settlement support provided to the parent s of these idiots 30 years ago?
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:41 pm

http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainment/archives/noise_pollution/009422.html

Pretty good comment on the sitation here.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:44 pm

I will mention that to my botmaster, London Dave. Tell me a story. Are you a student?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Brewer's Droop wrote:
'we' aren't 'punishing' anyone. A private company did/is putting restrictions on what people are allowed to wear/bring into their business. Isn't part of being 'Australian' having the freedom to run your business as you see fit.
If it annoys you so much, don't partake of their business.
Storm. Teacup.

Not sure if i agree with them comments!

Could be a very serious precedent set here if successful.

Kindergartens might ban Aus cricket tee shirts and flags etc etc sounds silly but dont forget the minority groups have banned christmas in most kindergartens..so very sneakily our way of life is slowly being eroded, and there doing it directly at our young folk.
I have a message to anyone who is offended by OUR flag...piss off if it hurts you that much you probably shouldnt be living here.
Its pretty simple really this is Australia and thats OUR flag Smile

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 pm

nomadjack wrote:
I'm not the one that claimed to know why it happened, you are. You said we all know. Did youn stop and think why is it Lebanese youths and not Chinese or Vietnamese? Did you stop and think about some of the structural issues, such as the level of migrant settlement support provided to the parent s of these idiots 30 years ago?
Firstly, the particular race it was is irrelevent, it just so happened to be those were the ones at the centre of it originally. I'm sure if it were Chinese or Vietnamese causing regular trouble the same situation would have most likely of occured.

Secondly theres no excuse for their behaviour what so ever, I couldn't give a stuff about "structual support 30 years ago", it doesn't excuse them from any form of violent behaviour. The same applies to anyone from any culture.

Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:45 pm

The organisers of the Big Day Out are not a 'minority group'.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:45 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Brewer's Droop wrote:
'we' aren't 'punishing' anyone. A private company did/is putting restrictions on what people are allowed to wear/bring into their business. Isn't part of being 'Australian' having the freedom to run your business as you see fit.
If it annoys you so much, don't partake of their business.
Storm. Teacup.

Not sure if i agree with them comments!

Could be a very serious precedent set here if successful.

Kindergartens might ban Aus cricket tee shirts and flags etc etc sounds silly but dont forget the minority groups have banned christmas in most kindergartens..so very sneakily our way of life is slowly being eroded, and there doing it directly at our young folk.
I have a message to anyone who is offended by OUR flag...piss off if it hurts you that much you probably shouldnt be living here.
Its pretty simple really this is Australia and thats OUR flag Smile
Absoloubtely sport on Joff.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:47 pm

Brewer's Droop wrote:
The organisers of the Big Day Out are not a 'minority group'.
So they are a majority are they, despite the very public backlash they are a majority group are they? Almost as good as the BDO being a private event.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:41 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Firstly, the particular race it was is irrelevent, it just so happened to be those were the ones at the centre of it originally. I'm sure if it were Chinese or Vietnamese causing regular trouble the same situation would have most likely of occured.

Secondly theres no excuse for their behaviour what so ever, I couldn't give a stuff about "structual support 30 years ago", it doesn't excuse them from any form of violent behaviour. The same applies to anyone from any culture.

I'm not saying it is an excuse, what I'm saying is that there are reasons explaining why things happened like they did that are more complex than you seem capable of understanding or even acknowledging. I know you couldn't give a stuff about what happened 30 years ago, that's why you will never understand the issue, because it's easier to simply blame the events on others than to try and understand why things occur - that actually takes a bit of time, effort and heaven forbid, thought.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:07 pm

nomadjack wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:
nomadjack wrote:

I'm not saying it is an excuse, what I'm saying is that there are reasons explaining why things happened like they did that are more complex than you seem capable of understanding or even acknowledging. I know you couldn't give a stuff about what happened 30 years ago, that's why you will never understand the issue, because it's easier to simply blame the events on others than to try and understand why things occur - that actually takes a bit of time, effort and heaven forbid, thought.
It's nothing to do with me bothering to understand or acknowledge. Your making excuses, don't say your not because you are. "There are reasons explaining why things happened like they did", that's an excuse if you ask me.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:09 am

several points about this issue:
1) the bloody media, as usual, make a big deal over a relatively unimportant thing and outrage all the usual people.
2) Someone (I think it was nomad) made a great point: why the hell would you bring an australian flag to the concert anyway? Sure, it might make you feel good if everyone thinks you're patriotic, but you'll probably enjoy yourself a lot more if you just go and enjoy the event.
3) I think it was a great idea to move it off Australia Day. It's like having a birthday on Christmas Laughing

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:40 am

David wrote:
several points about this issue:
1) the bloody media, as usual, make a big deal over a relatively unimportant thing and outrage all the usual people.
2) Someone (I think it was nomad) made a great point: why the hell would you bring an australian flag to the concert anyway? Sure, it might make you feel good if everyone thinks you're patriotic, but you'll probably enjoy yourself a lot more if you just go and enjoy the event.
3) I think it was a great idea to move it off Australia Day. It's like having a birthday on Christmas Laughing

Not sure what planet your from mate Wink

You say the media has made a big deal over a relatively unimportant thing "

Thanks mate i guess we can all see now the Flag means nothing to you?

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:06 am

[It's nothing to do with me bothering to understand or acknowledge. Your making excuses, don't say your not because you are. "There are reasons explaining why things happened like they did", that's an excuse if you ask me.]

That's just lame. You said the riots happened because of the attack on Cronulla beach - is this also an excuse or is it a reason why things happened. If your car breaks down because there is no oil in the motor is that a reason for it breaking down or an excuse?

Unlike you, I'm not trying to excuse the actions of either side in this issue. I think both groups involved are absolute morons. But I also think there are REASONS why both groups behaved like they did, and that some of these reasons are deep-seated and structural. If you bothered to try and ask a few questions about what happened you might see this too.

You don't seem to understand what I mean by this so here's a simple analogy for you. What started world war two? Was it just because Germany invaded Poland or were there other more deep-seated issues at stake? Would you call those more deep-seated factors reasons or excuses?
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:24 am

nomadjack wrote:
[It's nothing to do with me bothering to understand or acknowledge. Your making excuses, don't say your not because you are. "There are reasons explaining why things happened like they did", that's an excuse if you ask me.]

You don't seem to understand what I mean by this so here's a simple analogy for you. What started world war two? Was it just because Germany invaded Poland or were there other more deep-seated issues at stake? Would you call those more deep-seated factors reasons or excuses?

It certainly wasn't caused by someone waving their national flag!
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Minority groups have so much power in this country
Same-sex marriages are legal, religious ceremonies other than Christian ones are now national holidays and celebrated and taught in schools, non-Anglo's control the media, the money and the government............ Rolling Eyes

What frightens me in all of this is the this wish so many people have to declare their 'national pride' - this seems to have grown in the last ten years or so. I always thought it was 'unAustralian' to be nationalistic.

Ummmm punkologist, it might be worth reading a comprehensive analysis of the beginning of world war 2 - waving a national flag is not far wrong, just ask the 'native' Germans in the former Sudetenland and (what is now) the western part of Poland...

I found these, thought they were interesting. It's amazing that Rudyard Kipling has so beautifully expressed what nationalism should be about.

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.
–Albert Einstein
Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. "Patriotism" is its cult.
–Erich Fromm, The Sane Society (1955)
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
–Samuel Johnson
Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception.
–George Orwell
Nationalism ... is like cheap alcohol. First it makes you drunk, then it makes you blind, then it kills you.
–Dan Fried, US diplomat (Jan 07)
Our hearts where they rocked our cradle
Our love where we spent our toil,
And our faith, and our hope, and our honor,
We pledge to our native soil.
God gave all men all earth to love
But since our hearts are small
Ordained for each one spot should prove
Beloved over all.
–Rudyard Kipling

from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nationalism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: