Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BDO in Sydney - WTF!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If the organisers are true their word, the backdrop will be confiscated.

If that does happen, I hope Jet walk off stage without performing.

Hooked
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:59 pm

[A few drunken yobs started a few fights last year, unessacary for sure, where did it stem from? Cronulla, Where did that stem from??? We all know the answer to that.] Bazdaddy

No we don't. You seem to have the answer, how about explaining it.

[Whats wrong with taking your Australian Flag to a rock concert?, whats wrong with showing some national pride, whats wrong with patriotism, that's something this country is lacking incredibly. ]
Bazdaddy

Nothing wrong with showing some national pride or taking your flag to a rock concert except if you are wrapping it around your fist and punching someone who doesn't share your views in the face with it. If this is your version of national pride you're a disgrace to the flag you think you are protecting and everything it stands for.

[If they are simply wearing the flag for national pride... ]Bazdaddy

If you genuinely think this is why the dickheads who caused trouble last year were wearing the flag you are kidding yourself. They're nothing more than racist morons and they are no better or worse than the equally racist morons we saw at the tennis the other day.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Dale61 wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
End result -there is no ban on carrying the flag at the event -

What part of the first quote in my very first post are you having trouble understanding?

People can carry an Aussie flag to the entrance, but it will be confiscated at the gate?

How to you comprehend that's not banning taking a flag into the concert?

Have you been following this issue today. They are now saying that they are encouraging people not to bring flags, not confiscating them at the bloody gate. Is that easy enough for you to understand or should I type it twice? As for your comment regarding Jet's background, did you read what they think of the dickheads that caused trouble last year or did that escape you attention as well? And where has anyone mentioned anything at all about stopping them from using the set?
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:06 pm

nomadjack wrote:
[A few drunken yobs started a few fights last year, unessacary for sure, where did it stem from? Cronulla, Where did that stem from??? We all know the answer to that.] Bazdaddy

No we don't. You seem to have the answer, how about explaining it.

[Whats wrong with taking your Australian Flag to a rock concert?, whats wrong with showing some national pride, whats wrong with patriotism, that's something this country is lacking incredibly. ]
Bazdaddy

Nothing wrong with showing some national pride or taking your flag to a rock concert except if you are wrapping it around your fist and punching someone who doesn't share your views in the face with it. If this is your version of national pride you're a disgrace to the flag you think you are protecting and everything it stands for.

[If they are simply wearing the flag for national pride... ]Bazdaddy

If you genuinely think this is why the dickheads who caused trouble last year were wearing the flag you are kidding yourself. They're nothing more than racist morons and they are no better or worse than the equally racist morons we saw at the tennis the other day.
You don't know where it stemmed from you only chose to read and watch about the Australians rioting no body else??? Good one!!

Secondly I did mention that wearing it and then causing violence was uneccasary, I don't like it and it shouldn't be tolerated, however the majority of people who would wear it wouldn't cause violence. I'm saying they as in a general "they" who will be attending the concert this year.

I have no doubt that young Australians wearing an Australian flag without provocation would still manage to cause a stir with various ethnicities. It's happened to me and my mates at school, the fact we have been critisized for being "&^*%$^&% skips" in their words only goes to show what some of them are like. People should be able to wear the flag proudly and without any fear.

Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:15 pm

So, the organisers are ducking for cover now.

It's not often I agree with Little Johnny, but I do agree with this:

Quote:
Mr Howard rejected Mr West's claim that flags created the nationalistic fervour which sparked the Cronulla riots and generated a similar atmosphere at last year's Big Day Out in Sydney.

What caused the Cronulla riots was a gang of braindeads trying to take over a beach, which resulted in them bashing a life guard. Nothing to do with the flag whatsoever. It escalated because Aussies took it upon themselves to uphold the Australian way of life, and chose to deal with it in way the thugs could relate to.

Hooked
Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:15 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
Absoloubte rubbish, it's hardly private when so many thousands are attending. It's a total load of shit once again being put in place to accomodate the minority

A limited number of people are allowed to purchase entry to a privately funded and run concert. It is not a public event.

Quote:
You don't where it stemmed from you only chose to read about the Australians rioting no body else??? Good one!!

Please explain?
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Oh ok so you and the other bloke are just choosing the easy way out to ignore what happened. A bunch of Lebanese youths unneccasarily bashed a set of lifeguards, as mentioned by Dale. Then that causes Cronulla and a couple of idiots thought they'd continue it at the BDO in Sydney. But obviously thats too politically incorrect to understand.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm

[You don't know where it stemmed from you only chose to read and watch about the Australians rioting no body else??? Good one!! ] Bazdaddy

No, I mean there are lots of underlying causes which led to the Cronulla riot - its not just about race. You reckon you know. Explain it.

It's happened to me and my mates at school, the fact we have been critisized for being "&^*%$^&% skips" in their words only goes to show what some of them are like. [Bazdaddy]

Do you think you and your mates are the only ones that have every been racially abused? Yes, it shows what some of 'them' are like. Some, not all, some.
Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm

Actually that sentence was to grammatically incorrect to understand.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:24 pm

Brewer's Droop wrote:

A limited number of people are allowed to purchase entry to a privately funded and run concert. It is not a public event.

It is an event open to public who have purchased a valid ticket.

Therefore, it is a public event, but capped due to space restrictions.

It is not privately funded. It is funded with the profits from previous years concerts.

Oh, and G.under, how long do you think you'll last this time?

Hooked
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:31 pm

Brewer's Droop wrote:
Actually that sentence was to grammatically incorrect to understand.
Well that's an intelligence issue with yourself then.

Nomad' The beach bashing was final straw, that then triggered the riot. It became the final straw due to many similar incidents, but obviously you seem to know everything without actually saying anything so do go ahead.

I also don't remember stating my mates and my self were the only ones abused, I was citing an example, a very close to home example.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:37 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
Oh ok so you and the other bloke are just choosing the easy way out to ignore what happened. A bunch of Lebanese youths unneccasarily bashed a set of lifeguards, as mentioned by Dale. Then that causes Cronulla and a couple of idiots thought they'd continue it at the BDO in Sydney. But obviously thats too politically incorrect to understand.

Yes, it all started with the bashing of the lifeguards. There's nothing deeper happening, it's that simple. You genius, you've solved it all.FFS Rolling Eyes
Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Don't blame the riots in Cronulla, don't blame last year's BDO - blame the game.
Hooked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:40 pm

nomadjack wrote:
[quote="bazdaddy"]Oh ok so you and the other bloke are just choosing the easy way out to ignore what happened. A bunch of Lebanese youths unneccasarily bashed a set of lifeguards, as mentioned by Dale. Then that causes Cronulla and a couple of idiots thought they'd continue it at the BDO in Sydney. But obviously thats too politically incorrect to understand.[/quote]

Yes, it all started with the bashing of the lifeguards. There's nothing deeper happening, it's that simple. You genius, you've solved it all.FFS Rolling Eyes
That input matched my default category. Does "it" still refer to [quote] Yes it started with the bashing of the lifeguards? The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about There's nothing deeper happening it's that simple. But I did not get that.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:41 pm

nomadjack wrote:
bazdaddy wrote:

Oh jesus christ I clearly stated in the post proceeding it was what triggered it not the entire cause however other actions similar were a large part to blame as well.

Once again you havn't cared to enlighten me on every specific detail of how it all began, you seem have to pin pointed one comment that I made and keep dragging it on give me the details GENIUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: