Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SwansV Bombers live

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:50 am
Post subject: SwansV Bombers liveReply with quote

Fox have been advertising the fact that they are going to show the Swans V Bombers game live on cable.I would like to see that.
I guess that time will tell.Even Lockett is starring.
I havent paid for the season,as I wont be here for the later part,but if it looks like a goer the mrs has told me she will shout each month.....I'd like to see that'
Any comments from the gang?????????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

and talk about advertising it every 2 seconds!!! the add is also on other foxtel channels too.. its driving me mad!!!

also i wanna see more stuff on cwood.. i mean they have hawthorn fam day, wb @ the beach, melb @ training, special stuff on shane crawford, and all the "block buster" games as they call them... and we only have a 2 second thing on mikey... which is ace, especially how he mentions richo... but it at least coulda been longer

ahhh well....
Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

PS omg.. would u believe wot ad i hear comming from the tv room?

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:38 pm

Hey Peter, mate! -- why would you want to watch a game of footy on tv (be it pay or free to air) when you can be there at the game?

I was at the Swannees v bummers practice match last year and it was a heap of fun - you could see the players were definantly enjoying themselves, it seemed like it was all the fun of playing footy with out the stress of the H&A season.

Also with the way NS Oval is configured you are much closer to the action that you ever will be at the SCG or at SA - so most people will be within Pretty Boy Lloyd-ey's earshot to hurl "encouragement" to. (If he kicks more than three goals you may wish to note that he particularly hates the "Don't get Greedy" call.) We got a particularly good filthy look out of him last year and are hoping to be able to get a repeat of that "performance."

Given the practice match last year pretty much had every player who had legs having a kick - chances are you will get to see most good players for a couple of quarters.

Also the Coaches stretch their imagination too - my guess is that it will be rare to see conventional tactics used during this practice match. (Don't be surprised if the teams only field 16 a side - NS Oval is a weeeee bit tiny to play footy on.) The forwards may play defensive positions and the defensive players may get a kick up forward - Kick a "Goal" Dunks! LOL (For those of you who aren't stuck watching Sydney footy you may not realise that Dunks (Dunkley) would make a fantastic marking option up front if ONLY he could kick straight! LOL The Sydney crowds give him a clap when he kicks straight (no I am not pulling your leg on this point.)

Anyways for anyone in Sydney on Sunday the 10th February I will be at North Sydney Oval in the O'Reilly Stand ($15 + booking fees). (Book through [url=http://www.ticketek.com.au)]www.ticketek.com.au)[/url] Given that it ALWAYS rains when S&scum play in Sydney may I suggest you consider a undercover seat unless you enjoy getting drenched.

Be Warned! North Sydney is North Shore Bummer territory and you may be hassled for being a Pie - give it back to 'em in good Collingwood fashion and they shouldn't cause too many problems.

Go Pies!

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:40 am

Hey gang,I would love to be there,BUT with my disability I cant sit properly and use a walking stick to get aroung,so I feel that siting sideways on a seat is embarrasing enough fopr any one.
I would love to be there,BUT????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:17 am

Peter, I suggest you try and contact the ground management for details on seating for ppl with disabilities.
These days there should be no barrier to ppl being able to access entertainment facilities.
And don't you EVER use the word "embarrasing" again!
So do yourself a favour and contact these guys, explain you requirements and enjoy the day.

-Craig

Welcome to 2002! The year of the MAGPIES!

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:18 pm

Ok Peter, I just surfed by ticketek.com.au and under the Venue Information it says that people with disabilities just need to buy a ticket. Now I don't know exactly what help you need when at the ground. What I would suggest you do is call ticketek on ph: 9266 4800 and talk to them if you have any other needs. When it was referring to ppl with disabilities it was referring to wheel chairs - I don't know how this affects you so you'd best clear that up.

There is also Disabled parking across the road from North Sydney OvalParking available at St Marys Church and Ridge St parking stations.

Beyond that I CAN'T go to the footy for you. So please be so kind as to stop this bleeding heart attitude. You always seem to have an excuse not to do something rather than looking for ways to accomplish a goal. Psych up - don't psych out... you got one life and if you don't use it for all it's worth you don't get refunds! Well... what you do with it is your business just don't expect us all to do the hard work for you.

Go Pies!

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:46 am

Why go to a practice game when they can't even field a full team. ns oval is way too small. plus the bombers are playing, the arrogant prix.

i'm going to canberra next week to watch the mighty pies...

"Grinners are Winners.."
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:23 am

Than you Millane 42,yep it is only a PRACTISE game and the PIES arent even playing.
Liverpool is far to far away to travel just for a PRACTISE match and I am not being a BLEEDING HEART.
In case you guys arent aware of it,a BACK operation,and a SCIATIC nerve shattered,which means NO feeling down the RHD and YES it is embarrasing to SIT half on a chair and have your rigyht leg stretched out to be able to sit comfortably on 1/2 your arse.
I dont want ANY sympathy from no one,but a bit of common deciency would go a BLOODY long way.
I recon that you lot should have a BACK operation after your disc has POPPED to the side instead of cakward and CRUSHED the sciatic nerve to the stage that even your doctor doent know how long you will be anable to sit and drive for.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:29 am

Thank you Peter, I was about to do a dummy-spit myself. There's nothing like seeing somebody else spit the dummy to make you realise how ineffective it is.

I think I can imagine how debilitating a chronic injury must be and how it must intrude into your life to the extent that it controls every thing you do and every decision you make, but don't forget that you are the only person that can really know and understand how that affects your life. No one else knows that and unless you go around with a sign around your neck saying "Fragile, handle with care", people are going to continually upset you. There will always be someone to tell you with the best of intentions what you should do and how you should feel and life is going to be even more difficult for you than it already is if you let that get to you (now I'm doing it).

My dummy spit? I might post something about that... but then again... I might not.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:58 pm

Go on Mike. Have a crack!
Might be theraputic!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:18 am

Thanks Mike and Mark T.
I am presently sitting on my chair witht the RHS Buttock in the air,my leg protruding at 45 degrees.Why because I am unable to SIT PROPERLY.My back is sore and my RHS leg below the knee is DEAD,but only I am to know that.
I DONT WANT SYMPATHY AND HELP I am getting enough of that from my wife and solicitor,but to try and get into and out of a motor vehicle,BEWARE I shall rip the BLOODY door off getting out.That is why we drive around in a 1tonne flat top.
I have contacted North Sydney oval and they advise me that the entrance and the seating is HARD and not suitable for some-one of my disability.
Thanks for your trouble Carol....it is only a practise game any way and there will always be other games to see.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: