Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sexual Predator at the Tennis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:54 pm
Post subject: Sexual Predator at the TennisReply with quote

Well cop this one...

Last Friday at the Australian open a five year old boy was molested inside the toilets.

And now the story comes out...who and what are we looking after here, Profits, maybe its been considered as just a bad PR news story say nothing and it will just go away.
Well what about the kids and parants...dont we have a right to know when this shit happens.
The people who run the Australian Open have many questions to answer this is one of the most upsetting and appalling stories, the fact it has tried to be hidden is nothing but frightening and disgusting.
Radio 3aw was tipped of yesterday.

Where are our rights as normal hard working law abiding citizens...as Deryn Hinch would often say...WHO'S LOOKIN AFTER THE KIDS!!!

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Australian Open only started on Monday.

This occurred on Monday. It appears to have been requested by the Police for them not to publicise it. So, I don't think bad publicity nor profits for the Tennis were the reasons.

Doesn't make it right at all I know.

http://www.tiny.cc/6kWNz

Quote:
Today the tournament's organisers of the Melbourne event today defended their decision not to inform the public earlier of the incident, which was only revealed when an anonymous email was sent to the media.

"I just wanted to follow the way in which the police asked me to operate, I didn't want to jeopardise in any way the investigation that is ongoing here,'' Tennis Australia chief executive Steve Wood said today.

Mr Wood said police advised them not to talk about the incident, which happened at the Rod Laver Arena on Monday.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21084207-661,00.html

Quote:
Tennis Australia chief executive Steve Wood said today he had been asked by detectives to keep the matter quiet.

Police spokesman Sen-Constable David Fitzgerald said they had kept the matter under wraps because of a request by the victim's parents.

Another police spokeswoman Katherine Jess said the decision by investigators had been a balance between "taking into account the need to inform the public balanced against the risk of jeopardising the investigation".

"In these circumstances, given the nature of the offence and the available evidence, it was deemed not to be an advantage to release the information at the time," she said.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
The Australian Open only started on Monday.

This occurred on Monday. It appears to have been requested by the Police for them not to publicise it. So, I don't think bad publicity nor profits for the Tennis were the reasons.

Doesn't make it right at all I know.

http://www.tiny.cc/6kWNz

Quote:
Today the tournament's organisers of the Melbourne event today defended their decision not to inform the public earlier of the incident, which was only revealed when an anonymous email was sent to the media.

"I just wanted to follow the way in which the police asked me to operate, I didn't want to jeopardise in any way the investigation that is ongoing here,'' Tennis Australia chief executive Steve Wood said today.

Mr Wood said police advised them not to talk about the incident, which happened at the Rod Laver Arena on Monday.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21084207-661,00.html

Quote:
Tennis Australia chief executive Steve Wood said today he had been asked by detectives to keep the matter quiet.

Police spokesman Sen-Constable David Fitzgerald said they had kept the matter under wraps because of a request by the victim's parents.

Another police spokeswoman Katherine Jess said the decision by investigators had been a balance between "taking into account the need to inform the public balanced against the risk of jeopardising the investigation".

"In these circumstances, given the nature of the offence and the available evidence, it was deemed not to be an advantage to release the information at the time," she said.

Well fair enough i didnt realise that request had come from the Police, I still believe its our right to know when these monsters are up and about, lets hope they catch this person and lock him up for 6 months Rolling Eyes and then not relocate him near a primary school!!

Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Yeah that'll stop it happening Rolling Eyes
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Tess wrote:
I think chemical castration should be considered for pedophiles. Preferably, an acid based chemical.

History has proven this does not work and it is as much in the mind as it is in the crotch of a deviant. There is only one way to stop these dregs re-offending and that is the long over due reinstatement of the death penalty.

Banquo's Ghost Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:27 pm

nuxta wrote:
There is only one way to stop these dregs re-offending and that is the long over due reinstatement of the death penalty.

Yeah, there's no sex offenders in America.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:51 pm

[Well fair enough i didnt realise that request had come from the Police]

That's the point Joffa, most of the time we don't realise because we don't have access to the full facts of the case, and instead go off half-cocked.
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:58 pm

kill the sick freak who molested the kid....
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:29 am

Yeah i agree its time to send these sickos to the gallows...our kids are absolutely everything.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:51 am

nomadjack wrote:
[Well fair enough i didnt realise that request had come from the Police]

That's the point Joffa, most of the time we don't realise because we don't have access to the full facts of the case, and instead go off half-cocked.

Yes i did come into this one half cocked nomad my apologies, i got my story from the ninemsn news website but i guess in the scheme of things my comming in half cocked is pretty lame when compared to a sleaze sexual monster preying on young boys at sporting venues.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:54 am

joffa corfe wrote:

Well fair enough i didnt realise that request had come from the Police, I still believe its our right to know when these monsters are up and about, lets hope they catch this person and lock him up for 6 months Rolling Eyes and then not relocate him near a primary school!!

absolutely agree 100%

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:55 am

Tess wrote:
I think chemical castration should be considered for pedophiles. Preferably, an acid based chemical.

nah that's too good for them........ full on castration without anaethetic!

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:53 pm

The best way for parents to prevent these sick kind of attacks on their children is adequate supervision. A five year old shouldn't be alone in the toilet block.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies wrote:
The best way for parents to prevent these sick kind of attacks on their children is adequate supervision. A five year old shouldn't be alone in the toilet block.

A lot of truth in that statement Bec

But first we must never ever give these type of lowlifes any justification for such offences..sending a toddler into a public toilet at a sporting venue shouldnt become a peadophiles tea party.
In this case the mother of the young lad waited outside she probably fell out of sorts going into a males toilets with her son, its sickening to think these perverts lurk around sporting venues waiting for any oppertunity to strike that is appalling and the only answer is we must deal with these bastards like never before.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:53 am

Banquo's Ghost wrote:
nuxta wrote:
There is only one way to stop these dregs re-offending and that is the long over due reinstatement of the death penalty.

Yeah, there's no sex offenders in America.

It does not stop others from doing the wrong thing but the death penalty stops re-offenders. Read the sentence properly and you might begin to understand context.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: