Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Huge crash in Geelong Sat Night.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

Dale61 wrote:
So David, will you be undertaking a defensive / advanced driving course whilst you are still on p-plates?

Thinking about doing one doesn't count.

No, I won't as I don't believe that I need one, as I am not an aggressive or dangerous driver. Anyhow, those courses are bloody expensive, so if you pay I'll do one next week.

And I suppose you believe you are bulletproof as well!

It's that sort of comment that makes P-platers the bad drivers they really are.

Once my sister gets back to Canberra, I'll be asking her to keep an eye on the local papers, just to see if your wreck gets a mention. With that attitude, it won't happen tomorrow, or next week, or next month, but unless you learn to drive a vehicle correctly, it will happen.

Oh, and MAGFAN8 (Donny), I'm expecting you to reply with something about my post (once you have had enough of trolling myspace pages), which will prove my theory correct.

Hooked

Last edited by Dale61 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 am

Older sister or younger?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:43 am

Dale61 wrote:
David wrote:

Dale61 wrote:
So David, will you be undertaking a defensive / advanced driving course whilst you are still on p-plates?

Thinking about doing one doesn't count.

No, I won't as I don't believe that I need one, as I am not an aggressive or dangerous driver. Anyhow, those courses are bloody expensive, so if you pay I'll do one next week.

And I suppose you believe you are bulletproof as well!

It's that sort of comment that makes P-platers the bad drivers they really are.

Once my sister gets back to Canberra, I'll be asking her to keep an eye on the local papers, just to see if your wreck gets a mention. With that attitude, it won't happen tomorrow, or next week, or next month, but unless you learn to drive a vehicle correctly, it will happen.

Alright, let's be fair then Dale.
When did you last do such a course yourself?

Anyway, I have a realistic view of my own driving capabilities. I am not the best driver in the world, and I have several things I need to work on. However, one of the few things I can claim to be relatively good at is defensive driving. So, therefore, it seems to me that a defensive driving course would be redundant.

If I was going to do some driving course in the near future, I'd do that one that tells you how to get out of skids.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:08 am

David wrote:

Alright, let's be fair then Dale.
When did you last do such a course yourself?

Anyway, I have a realistic view of my own driving capabilities. I am not the best driver in the world, and I have several things I need to work on. However, one of the few things I can claim to be relatively good at is defensive driving. So, therefore, it seems to me that a defensive driving course would be redundant.

If I was going to do some driving course in the near future, I'd do that one that tells you how to get out of skids.

All up, I have done 6 (three defensive driving, 2 advanced driving and 1 advanced off-road driving), and I did them not only for my own benefit, but to also obtain a racing license.

You feel that a defensive driving course would be redundant, but you would do one tells you how to get out of skids? Why do you think a defensive driving course wouldn't do this?

Are you saying that whenever you get into a 'skid', you are just going to hang on for the ride and hit whatever may be in your way?

Once again, you are someone that has been taught only enough to get your license, not how to drive. Will you be offering to cover the cost of your folk's increased insurance premium so as you can drive their vehicle? If you do, which I doubt, have you checked to see if you are legally allowed to drive their vehicle?

FYI, I chose to cease driving midway through last year due to a vision problem. It's nothing serious, but I wasn't prepared to risk the lives of other road users.

Hooked
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:42 am

Come on David, getting out of skids is the best part of the course, skidding over a wet road, thats awesome fun Very Happy What did you think they teach you?

Dale, thats no good, sounds like my mum, she doesnt drive because of a vision problem, hers was caused by a stroke and it doesnt have too much affect on normal life now but she knows its too dangerous to drive, its funny at times when it first happened she wondered why I was stopped, didnt see the car coming but its getting slowly better but doutbful it will ever be back to full sight
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm

I used to skid all the time, an increase in dietary fibre soon fixed that problem
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:30 pm

Eddiesmith and Dale, I didn't know what a defensive driving course was. I assumed it would be a course where they told you how to, well, drive defensively. I guess I'm wrong. Or maybe I am not aware of the correct definition of the term 'defensive driving'.

Dale61 wrote:
Are you saying that whenever you get into a 'skid', you are just going to hang on for the ride and hit whatever may be in your way?

No, I am going to avoid getting into a skid in the first place. I drove home this afternoon in shocking conditions (we actually got some rain for once), yet I had no difficulty avoiding skidding because I took corners in appropriate gears and speeds. Except in extreme circumstances (perhaps black ice for example; that's rarely a problem in Canberra and my Dad has explained what to do in that situation anyhow), the only cars you ever see skidding on the roads are going at ridiculous speeds around corners, or inappropriate speeds for weather conditions.

Quote:
Once again, you are someone that has been taught only enough to get your license, not how to drive.

Maybe so, maybe not. You cannot possibly know my method of driving, or what tuition I have received. You're simply making an assumption.

Quote:
Will you be offering to cover the cost of your folk's increased insurance premium so as you can drive their vehicle? If you do, which I doubt, have you checked to see if you are legally allowed to drive their vehicle?

I don't see what this has to do with the discussion, but my parents don't pay insurance on their cars, due to their religious beliefs. However, they insisted that I get third party insurance on my mum's car. At the moment, the monthly fee of $60 is being paid by them (they wanted me to pay for it when I got my P's two weeks ago, but I expect to have my own car within the month anyway).

The car is a small 1995 hyundai excel. I have not been informed of any reason why it should be illegal for me to drive it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: