Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New York

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
Thanks Dale thats good info mate i dont wanna appear on some future ' unsolved mysteries ' show.

There's also a show called Banged Up Abroad, where tourists has been busted overseas doing shit they shouldn't have done (like try to smuggle drugs, knowingly or unknowingly, etc.).

Hooked
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:55 pm
Post subject: New York & middle Mexico.Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:

Yeah thanks Rick your a big help mate i'll include Mexico City in my plans i'll jet in for a couple of days...cheers mate

Ok Joffa I'll let the Mrs know and be lookin forward to it big time ok. Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:57 pm
Post subject: Re: New York & middle Mexico.Reply with quote

Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Yeah thanks Rick your a big help mate i'll include Mexico City in my plans i'll jet in for a couple of days...cheers mate

No worries mate i'll bring the Gold jacket with me and wave it at a few Bulls LOL
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:08 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

No worries mate i'll bring the Gold jacket with me and wave it at a few Bulls LOL

um would be a deed but risky I've never seen that myself cruel if you ask me!! Joffa the time of the year is after the footy season right Sept-Dec or something right? Well anyway speak to ya soon. Rick.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:03 am

Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

um would be a deed but risky I've never seen that myself cruel if you ask me!! Joffa the time of the year is after the footy season right Sept-Dec or something right? Well anyway speak to ya soon. Rick.
Yep Rick after the footy season mate i'd go nuts overseas during the footy season most probably around October mate Wink
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 pm

[/quote]Yep Rick after the footy season mate i'd go nuts overseas during the footy season most probably around October mate Wink[/quote]
Ok will get the Sol and Indio and Corona chilled for ya ok.
Canga

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:29 am

Cangaru wrote:
Yep Rick after the footy season mate i'd go nuts overseas during the footy season most probably around October mate Wink[/quote]
Canga[/quote]I dont touch alcohol mate i'll settle for a mug of mexicans finest coffee Smile

Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:48 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
Yep Rick after the footy season mate i'd go nuts overseas during the footy season most probably around October mate Wink

Canga[/quote]I dont touch alcohol mate i'll settle for a mug of mexicans finest coffee Smile[/quote]
Ok I'm good on that I don't either since my navy days!!! Coffee or just a plain nip of Tequila or magay whichever tickles your fancy ok. Beers out!!!
Can't wait.
Rick.

Hurricane 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:20 pm

I've been to NY a couple of times and have seen the real "New York". Both times I stayed with a friend in Brooklyn which was pretty cool.

The best way to see the real NY is to forget tours and buy yourself a weekly subway ticket. Not only is it cheap, you can go everywhere you want. Brooklyn, Long Island, Queens, The Bronx, Harlem. You can see the whole place.

The subway in NY is fantastic and so easy to understand. My sister and I would ride in and out of the city just like New Yorkers do. We got a feel for the culture and what it was like to live there. If it wasn't for the Pies I'd move there in a second. I love it!!

Another thing I enjoyed was the free ferry from Manhatten to Staten Island. It gives you a great view of the skyline. And although its touristy you must go up to the top of the Empire State Building. The view is phenominal. I went during the day and at night, it was amazing (luckily a friend gave us a pass so we didn't have to pay either time).

Believe it or not, New York is a pretty safe place. I guess this is because its so busy, there are people everywhere, even at night. But of course take advice from your Aunty and Locals as to where you should and should not go.

NY will always have a special place in my heart. I was there just after Sep 11. It was an interesting time to be there. I saw Ground Zero which was depressing but to see how they were coping was a very uplifting and healing experience.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 am

Hurricane wrote:
I've been to NY a couple of times and have seen the real "New York". Both times I stayed with a friend in Brooklyn which was pretty cool.

The best way to see the real NY is to forget tours and buy yourself a weekly subway ticket. Not only is it cheap, you can go everywhere you want. Brooklyn, Long Island, Queens, The Bronx, Harlem. You can see the whole place.

The subway in NY is fantastic and so easy to understand. My sister and I would ride in and out of the city just like New Yorkers do. We got a feel for the culture and what it was like to live there. If it wasn't for the Pies I'd move there in a second. I love it!!

Another thing I enjoyed was the free ferry from Manhatten to Staten Island. It gives you a great view of the skyline. And although its touristy you must go up to the top of the Empire State Building. The view is phenominal. I went during the day and at night, it was amazing (luckily a friend gave us a pass so we didn't have to pay either time).

Believe it or not, New York is a pretty safe place. I guess this is because its so busy, there are people everywhere, even at night. But of course take advice from your Aunty and Locals as to where you should and should not go.

NY will always have a special place in my heart. I was there just after Sep 11. It was an interesting time to be there. I saw Ground Zero which was depressing but to see how they were coping was a very uplifting and healing experience.
Thanks Hurricane that was an enjoyable read im itching to get on the subway Smile
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:38 pm

Good luck Joffa,

With all your US opinions recently, you are starting to sound like a full time political activist. Would be a shame if they google searched you and sent you back home.

Not a good feeling. I had a "please explain" from the dudes at LAX last year for a minor paperwork issue.

But then again your passport may not say Joffa Corfe.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:04 am

Dragme wrote:
Good luck Joffa,

With all your US opinions recently, you are starting to sound like a full time political activist. Would be a shame if they google searched you and sent you back home.

Not a good feeling. I had a "please explain" from the dudes at LAX last year for a minor paperwork issue.

But then again your passport may not say Joffa Corfe.
Yeah point taken i guess i better not wear my tee shirt claiming George Bush to be the worlds greatest mass murderer Wink
LOL thanks mate the trip should be a hoot!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:01 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Yeah point taken i guess i better not wear my tee shirt claiming George Bush to be the worlds greatest mass murderer Wink

If you wore a t-shirt like that at the ANU, it would probably be called subtle Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:02 pm

How old are you? I'm glad you find this amusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: