Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New York

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffa, I use this site for travel info

http://www.tripadvisor.com

follow the links to the forums.Just had a quick look on there and one of the topics was where to get a good pastrami sandwich in NYC. It had 26 replies.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:10 am

Yarra Falls End wrote:
Joffa, I use this site for travel info

http://www.tripadvisor.com

follow the links to the forums.Just had a quick look on there and one of the topics was where to get a good pastrami sandwich in NYC. It had 26 replies.

Thanks heaps mate really appreciate it Smile
cheers

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Anything you wanna know mate ask away. The other person to ask is Lorelei who has been there before and is going again in a matter of weeks.

jlc

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:41 pm

JLC wrote:
Anything you wanna know mate ask away. The other person to ask is Lorelei who has been there before and is going again in a matter of weeks.

jlc

Ok thanks mate,

Seeing i will be travelling around a bit on my own i'd like to know if there are any no go areas for tourist, i.e racial tension and or excessive crime, i plan to see everything in NY but am mindful of some areas might not be safe.

Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:39 pm
Post subject: New YorkReply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
Im going to New York later on in the year for probably three weeks, im pretty lucky as i have an Aunt who lives there so i wont be paying for any accomodation.
I know Nicks board has a strong international flavour with people who have visited the united states.
Unfortunately the glitzy ritzy New York web sites dont really give that much away with what New York is really like.

I will be travelling pretty much alone once in there which im also pretty excited about..At the moment im looking at getting a train or bus and rocking down to Memphis for a few days the number of day trips are endless although i might spend a few days down Memphis way.

Going down south with all the associated civil rights history is going to be a huge buzz..

So if anyone has any tips re New York regarding whatever will be greatly appreciated Smile
cheers

Joffa going Mexico way also???
Canga

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:21 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
JLC wrote:

jlc

Ok thanks mate,

Seeing i will be travelling around a bit on my own i'd like to know if there are any no go areas for tourist, i.e racial tension and or excessive crime, i plan to see everything in NY but am mindful of some areas might not be safe.

Well i wouldnt be going to the bronx or harlem at night. During the day both places are fine.

Also don't wear the Gold Jacket down Fulton Street as someone will roll you for it. Last time i was there, there was this guy must have been about 60 + decked out in a pink suit, top hat and walking stick - he was fully pimped out.

jlc

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:17 pm
Post subject: Re: New YorkReply with quote

Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Im going to New York later on in the year for probably three weeks, im pretty lucky as i have an Aunt who lives there so i wont be paying for any accomodation.
I know Nicks board has a strong international flavour with people who have visited the united states.
Unfortunately the glitzy ritzy New York web sites dont really give that much away with what New York is really like.

I will be travelling pretty much alone once in there which im also pretty excited about..At the moment im looking at getting a train or bus and rocking down to Memphis for a few days the number of day trips are endless although i might spend a few days down Memphis way.

Going down south with all the associated civil rights history is going to be a huge buzz..

So if anyone has any tips re New York regarding whatever will be greatly appreciated Smile
cheers

Canga

G'day Rick

Thats an interesting one mate i'll look into it, if i do i'll let ya know, a bus trip down to mexico might be something worthwhile.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:22 pm

JLC wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
JLC wrote:

jlc

Ok thanks mate,

Well i wouldnt be going to the bronx or harlem at night. During the day both places are fine.

Also don't wear the Gold Jacket down Fulton Street as someone will roll you for it. Last time i was there, there was this guy must have been about 60 + decked out in a pink suit, top hat and walking stick - he was fully pimped out.

jlc

Thanks mate im really looking forward to the Bronx and Harlem although i might ask Aunt to come with me seeing as she has lived in the states for some time and can probably spot trouble quicker than what i could.

LOL...I wont wear the Gold jacket in Fulton St im saving that for times square Smile
I dont wanna start a pimp war LOL
Thanks mate

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Yeah during the day both are fine to visit and everyone in Harlem was really friendly.

jlc

Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:22 pm
Post subject: New YorkReply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

cheers

Canga

G'day Rick

Thats an interesting one mate i'll look into it, if i do i'll let ya know, a bus trip down to mexico might be something worthwhile.

Joffa
Ok at the least if you don't get down here gives us ring hey!!! LMK sooner and I'll give ya me number ok. Its cheap from US to Mexico to ring ok.
Canga(Rick)

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Post subject: Re: New YorkReply with quote

Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

cheers

Canga

G'day Rick

Joffa
Ok at the least if you don't get down here gives us ring hey!!! LMK sooner and I'll give ya me number ok. Its cheap from US to Mexico to ring ok.
Canga(Rick)

Sounds good to me mate i will now put mexico into my plans of things to see...would love to see a soccer game in Mexico Smile

And the running of the bulls wow that would be a buzz Smile

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Joff, it's a fair hike from NY to Mexico!

If you do get the chance to go to Mexico, and you have a hire car, DO NOT take the car across the border. If you do, you will become an easy target, and when the car gets stolen (not IF, but WHEN), you will be liable for ALL associated costs - no ifs, no buts, no maybe's.

Also, make sure you have your passport if you do cross the border, otherwise, you'll spend the night in jail whilst the authorities check your background.

We entered Mexico at San Antonio, and left the vehicle on US soil and walked across a bridge crossing the Rio Grande (or what was left of it - it was a concrete channel). We did the tourist thing in Ciudad Juarez, then walked back into the US.

Hooked
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Post subject: New York & middle Mexico.Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

cheers

Canga

G'day Rick

Joffa
Canga(Rick)

Sounds good to me mate i will now put mexico into my plans of things to see...would love to see a soccer game in Mexico Smile

Joffa what the guys say is a hassle and true I advise either bus or Plane as taking a car is not great and to Mexico city is a blo%$#y long way ok. I think they have cheap airfares to D.F(Mexico city) even to where I live Toluca from Houston direct. If you was to come accomodation wouldn't be prob I would help you out there ok just food is all I require and a few updated Pies stuff if available!! Things to keep in mind Joff ok. You plan to come after the footy season right Soccer here is all year round! Toluca is my team as I can't go to the Pies then this is second best!!
Rick.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:27 am

Dale61 wrote:
Joff, it's a fair hike from NY to Mexico!

If you do get the chance to go to Mexico, and you have a hire car, DO NOT take the car across the border. If you do, you will become an easy target, and when the car gets stolen (not IF, but WHEN), you will be liable for ALL associated costs - no ifs, no buts, no maybe's.

Also, make sure you have your passport if you do cross the border, otherwise, you'll spend the night in jail whilst the authorities check your background.

We entered Mexico at San Antonio, and left the vehicle on US soil and walked across a bridge crossing the Rio Grande (or what was left of it - it was a concrete channel). We did the tourist thing in Ciudad Juarez, then walked back into the US.

Thanks Dale thats good info mate i dont wanna appear on some future ' unsolved mysteries ' show.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:31 am
Post subject: Re: New York & middle Mexico.Reply with quote

Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Cangaru wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

cheers

Canga

G'day Rick

Joffa
Canga(Rick)

Joffa what the guys say is a hassle and true I advise either bus or Plane as taking a car is not great and to Mexico city is a blo%$#y long way ok. I think they have cheap airfares to D.F(Mexico city) even to where I live Toluca from Houston direct. If you was to come accomodation wouldn't be prob I would help you out there ok just food is all I require and a few updated Pies stuff if available!! Things to keep in mind Joff ok. You plan to come after the footy season right Soccer here is all year round! Toluca is my team as I can't go to the Pies then this is second best!!
Rick.

Yeah thanks Rick your a big help mate i'll include Mexico City in my plans i'll jet in for a couple of days...cheers mate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: