Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New York

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:46 pm
Post subject: New YorkReply with quote

Im going to New York later on in the year for probably three weeks, im pretty lucky as i have an Aunt who lives there so i wont be paying for any accomodation.
I know Nicks board has a strong international flavour with people who have visited the united states.
Unfortunately the glitzy ritzy New York web sites dont really give that much away with what New York is really like.

I will be travelling pretty much alone once in there which im also pretty excited about..At the moment im looking at getting a train or bus and rocking down to Memphis for a few days the number of day trips are endless although i might spend a few days down Memphis way.

Going down south with all the associated civil rights history is going to be a huge buzz..

So if anyone has any tips re New York regarding whatever will be greatly appreciated Smile
cheers

member34258 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to check this out Joffa.
http://nyfooty.com/

The jumper is awesome.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:04 pm

member34258 wrote:
You may want to check this out Joffa.
http://nyfooty.com/

The jumper is awesome.

Thanks for that mate I will be contacting our brothers in NY before leaving Aus.
The Gold Jacket will be going as well..we're gonna take a pic of it in times square just to give it thet international feel Cool

I reckon a pic of Donny trump in the Gold Jacket would also be a buzz!!

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:22 pm

Ohhh you lucky bastard. NY is one place I plan to visit before I die. Along with Vegas. Actually had a trip organised to Vegus for this August, but fell through. Im off to bali for the 6th time in may instead.

The very first person I met on the internet from the US is from NY state, and I have kept in contact with him since, 9 years ago. He is an Ice Hockey player and I have two of his jersey's that he sent me. Which, mind you, are worth a nice $600 USD. I have sent him magpie jumpers and caps too. I usually send him my members cap each year, though last few I haven't, but sent T's.

Anyway back to NY, my bro was over there for work a while ago, he loved it. I hope you enjoy the trip. Looks like you, morrigu and myself will be out of aus at some stage this year.

I think DT would look super in the gold. lol

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Yeah thanks

It was actually a new years resolution to see the world... next year im planning a trip to London..i will coincide it with a trip in there footy season to see newcastle united play.

I actually want to see non tourists attractions to get a feel on how real people live..i will probably visit most suburbs in New York and do the touristy thing of NY landmarks then head off on bus and or train trips so i can see the place.

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:25 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
Ohhh you lucky bastard. NY is one place I plan to visit before I die. Along with Vegas. Actually had a trip organised to Vegus for this August, but fell through. Im off to bali for the 6th time in may instead.

The very first person I met on the internet from the US is from NY state, and I have kept in contact with him since, 9 years ago. He is an Ice Hockey player and I have two of his jersey's that he sent me. Which, mind you, are worth a nice $600 USD. I have sent him magpie jumpers and caps too. I usually send him my members cap each year, though last few I haven't, but sent T's.

Anyway back to NY, my bro was over there for work a while ago, he loved it. I hope you enjoy the trip. Looks like you, morrigu and myself will be out of aus at some stage this year.

im going to vegas next month!! can't wait. I am going there and LA for my honeymoon.

I plan on doing England (especially Newcastle and St James' park) next year.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 pm

It would indeed be a pisser if on the other side of the world we bumped into each other at St James Park Smile
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:33 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:

Yeah thanks

It was actually a new years resolution to see the world... next year im planning a trip to London..i will coincide it with a trip in there footy season to see newcastle united play.

I actually want to see non tourists attractions to get a feel on how real people live..i will probably visit most suburbs in New York and do the touristy thing of NY landmarks then head off on bus and or train trips so i can see the place.

Hey Jof if ya wanna see how the real people live I'll give you my nine thousand relatives( well we are mics Laughing ) contacts in the Emerald Isle - they my friend will look after you - not your liver but hehehehe

Mind you unless you want a never ending procession of perspective suitable brides - you better tell em you married in a catholic church - otherwise Rolling Eyes Been married for years and years and still the spud farmers are presented even with Scott my non-catholic hubby there - no offence meant of course Shocked

Travel is such a wonderful experience and at the end of it you get to come home to the best country in the world!!

We are off to Portugal, Spain, Hungary, Serbia, Slovenia, Romania Bulgaria visit some friends in Austria and then back to France later this year - can't wait!!

You will have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:15 am

Well you have a bonza trip when you go, a mate was telling me the other day Romania is one lovely place.
Aunt has promised to take me to the David Letterman show im pretty excited about that Smile

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:03 pm

edits

reminding me of a song....

Anything you can do, I can do better
I can do anything better than you
- Annie Get Your Gun

Last edited by ~Madness~ on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:11 pm

New York is awesome, probably one of the best places I have been too, although dont know what it will look like now, havent been back there since early 2001, used to visit it almost yearly before that, problem was last time I went to the States I was limited in time so gave it a miss

My favourite place is definately England, i just love how small it is and how easy it is to travel all over the country although I only usually spend the whole time watching and playing cricket in different places, in Australia you cant watch each State team play the same round but in England it was fun to see 4 different games over 4 days of a county game

Main thing I found with New York was it took some time to get used to how big the place is and how many people, couldnt go anywhere that wasnt crowded

You should have a great time Joffa and will definately experience some very different living conditions
London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:13 pm

Lived in NY for a couple of years before coming here...you won't be short of things to do there. If the weather's good, walking tours are pretty good value. Visit cnr of Bedford and Commerce near 7th, or 171 Sullivan Street in the Village to view NY's greatest attractions, the abodes of LD when he was NYD! DC and Philly are worth day trips too. Havent been back to NY for a couple of years now, and it's almost 12 since I left, but I'll try to have a think about places worth checking out.

As for Memphis, I'd suggest a visit to the Peabody Hotel in Union Avenue at 11am. Civil Rights Museum was v good, and a visit to Porky's Ribs restaurant for a, pardon the pun, pig out, is a must. Beale Street is a bit touristed but you'll find plenty of decent blues bars around, it that's your thing. Graceland was less tacky than I thought it would be. Just cruising through the Delta is great fun.

Last edited by London Dave on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:20 pm

wish i could afford to go overseas........even just to Tassie.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 pm

There's always the Queenscliff - Sorrento ferry lol, should cost you less than 50 bucks
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
wish i could afford to go overseas........even just to Tassie.

If I could afford to go to Tassie I would keep saving for somewhere better Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: