Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My last post on Nick's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:13 pm
Post subject: My last post on Nick'sReply with quote

I'm off to Adelaide for a few days and, I guess, by the time I get back, Nick's BB will be HISTORY.

And that's exactly what it will be ... in the truest sense of the word.

Because this site has documented an excellent cross-section of the Collingwood supporter community over the last few years. For this reason it's important that the bulletin board be saved and archived ... warts and all.

Whatever you do, Mike ... don't hit the delete button and wipe it all out. I reckon it is extremely important that everything that's ever been posted here ... even the bitch fighting and the crap ... should be preserved. Because it all tells a story.

In 100 years from now, historians should be able to read through the Bulletin Boards on Nick's and get a pretty accurate picture of what it meant to be a Collingwood fan ... or indeed a footy fan ... at the end of the 20th century and into the early 21st century. It's frozen here in a nutshell. And we are all a part of it.

Mike, I think we should stay in touch by email, because I'm quite serious about this. Nick's must be documented for posterity. I'll have a talk to my former supervisor at Monash, Professor Graeme Davison, and get his advice on what might be the best course of action. It may be possible to have a copy of all the Bulletin Board posts archived at Monash ... or maybe in a museum or library somewhere. And, of course, our own Collingwood F.C. Archives Committee should have a copy also. I'm not sure at this stage ... but I'll get on to it when I get back from Adelaide.

So ... I guess that's it from me. I had a bit to say on the other topic that Mike started up when he announced the closing of the site ... and it's really all been said by now, I think.

Thank you to Mike, to Nick, and to anyone who has ever posted on here ... including the people that I didn't get along with ... for helping to revive the community spirit among the supporters of our wonderful Club ... THE Club ... The Only Club.

**floreat pica**
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ALF, what was the outcome of your meeting re the Ch.31 Collingwood show?
Your suggestion re preserving the BB posts is a good one.
I would thiink Eddie would be a supporter of somehow utilising CFC resources. Perhaps they could be a readable file on the CFC website with an appropriate thankyou to Mike & Nick. One way or the other the CFC should take posession of at least a copy for posteritry if Mike & Nick support the idea.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 30 January 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: