Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Josh Fraser

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Agreed - although didn't you swear off bagging players shortly after you joined on the off chance they might read the dreadful things written about them on forums like this? Laughing
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 pm

^ Ah PP. Laughing

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

- Walt Whitman. Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 pm

A little more of Chopper in Josh wouldn't go astray.

It makes me wonder why people highlight the handful of great games Josh plays every year but over look the majority of games where he's only serviceable. Heaven forbid we should expect more from a No.1 draft pick who's been at the club 9 years now, great players play consistently good football most weeks of the year not the 6 or 7 games Josh does.How much longer do we have wait until Josh becomes the player we'd all hoped for?

We will never win another premiership if people accept that players only have to show up and play to the level there capable of 6 or 7 times a season.

I hope Josh has a brillant season next year, but I've hoped for that before, so I wont be holding my breath.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 pm

^^ Fair point, but you can't say he didn't play well when it mattered.

I think being injury-free helps.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:28 am

From what I've seen of Josh over the years, his "flat spots" during the season have nothing to do with lack of effort or passion. Much more to do with his body struggling to hold up over the journey. Sure, he's not quite delivered the way we'd hope a number 1 pick would, but it's time to let that one go, it has been 9 years. What he has done, is admirably hold down our number 1 ruck spot with little support, from the age of 17, young for any position, doubly so for a ruckman. It's quite possible that this has had a negative affect on his development, particularly physically.

It may seem I'm making excuses here, but in Josh, I see a decent person, who has given his all for the club (understand others may see this differently), which is nigh on the only prerequisite for my support. I see those who "jump off" or on Wink an obviously committed player who is not performing at their absolute peak, as no different to those despised fair weather supporters. Support the club through difficult times, support players through the same, though Josh's performances have been better than some on this board would admit.

This is not quite blind support for all players, under all conditions. Brendon Fevola is a player/person who I don't have a lot of respect for, and I'd not support a Collingwood Fevola all that fulsomely, even on his good days.

We have the club selectors to decide who plays and who does not, we have opposition supporters to bag our players, the role of the Collingwood supporters is to support, except on the rare occasion where deemed undeserved (poor form and performance not enough of a reason for mine). Josh is a player and person, who from my admittedly limited perspective is deserving of respect as a player or even person and most definitely my support.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:10 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
From what I've seen of Josh over the years, his "flat spots" during the season have nothing to do with lack of effort or passion. Much more to do with his body struggling to hold up over the journey. Sure, he's not quite delivered the way we'd hope a number 1 pick would, but it's time to let that one go, it has been 9 years. What he has done, is admirably hold down our number 1 ruck spot with little support, from the age of 17, young for any position, doubly so for a ruckman. It's quite possible that this has had a negative affect on his development, particularly physically.

It may seem I'm making excuses here, but in Josh, I see a decent person, who has given his all for the club (understand others may see this differently), which is nigh on the only prerequisite for my support. I see those who "jump off" or on Wink an obviously committed player who is not performing at their absolute peak, as no different to those despised fair weather supporters. Support the club through difficult times, support players through the same, though Josh's performances have been better than some on this board would admit.

This is not quite blind support for all players, under all conditions. Brendon Fevola is a player/person who I don't have a lot of respect for, and I'd not support a Collingwood Fevola all that fulsomely, even on his good days.

We have the club selectors to decide who plays and who does not, we have opposition supporters to bag our players, the role of the Collingwood supporters is to support, except on the rare occasion where deemed undeserved (poor form and performance not enough of a reason for mine). Josh is a player and person, who from my admittedly limited perspective is deserving of respect as a player or even person and most definitely my support.

Very well put. Some posters need to look at the player's situation objectively instead of grinding the same old axe.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:14 am

jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
arrgh its a pity The Weed is so old eh Jack? Twisted Evil

Ah if only we could have bottled whatever spirit it was he played with mate. Or Darren Millane. Very Happy

Weidemann had more than enough of the spirits out of the bottle when he was coach.

Top player, drunken **** up as coach.

Give me Malthouse any day.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:44 pm

I cant help it sorry!

www.facebook/the hybernators
kambarker 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:04 pm

3rd degree wrote:
I cant help it sorry!

Is it a SLOW day??

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Laughing Have to laugh at the title of this thread. The fact it's been going for nearly four years is even more incredible.

I wish Josh Fraser would do his block a few times in 2009.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:44 pm

I recon its about time Fraser started a brawl or something... he's just too placid on the field and it annoys the crap out of me!!!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Lets get Josh to incite a melee this year against the scum. I know barristers who will work pro bono.

www.facebook/the hybernators
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Josh, violent? For real?? I've honestly never noticed. Violent is probably one of the last words I'd have used to describe him.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Sometimes it pays to read the topic.....

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Yeah it's a question. I read it and answered it.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43   

Jump to: