Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memories pressed between the pages of my mind!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:09 pm
Post subject: Memories pressed between the pages of my mind!!Reply with quote

It has just sunk in that no longer will we all be together and it is sad, so much happened here on nicks board it really has been a big part of our lives and i have no shame in saying that.

Here are some of my memories that i will allways associate with nicks board,not in any paticular order.

The unofficial cheersquad in which i was a member when fisrt joining nicks.
My dear old friend Alf whom i did not know when i joined this board i used to fall over laughing when coming home from the footy and reading his stuff after another collingwood loss.

carol's passion and she went on to start a supporters group in sydney.

The decision to move over into the official cheer squad from the unofficial was exciting as you all know it all started on nicks board with a post from cobood ( i even had all that stuff printed and i will treasure it forever)

And i remember fondly a very hot topic at the time concerning bucks and his onfield indicretions and being at training some time later and bucks came over to me and told me with a great big smile to stop shit canning him (ive loved bucks ever since)

It was through nicks board that a number of us got so pissed at canberra night club the night before the nth melb game last year and i had the pleasure of meeting junkboy, we were all standing ankle deep in spilt beer actually junk boy was more times laying in it...LOL umm enough said as i might incriminate myself.

The despair of coming home onto nicks board after a loss was the pitts but i found it uplifting (except for those wretches who hang shit on collingwood after a loss) but hey we're all different, i found it uplifting in the sense that we could relate to each other in so many ways.

Dashing onto nicks board in the mornings before leaving for work and end up being so bloody late it was actually scary and you would be cursing this site for making you late and you would promise yourself you wouldnt do it again.. but there i would be again the following morning at 8.40am..LOL

The time we got to meet mike was something special here was the man who made it all happen and for those who have never seen mike just picture the ciggarette smoking man from the X FILES and he even smokes like him, that paticular evening at the cricketers i will never forget.

I remember a long time ago being at a mates place and whilst i was there he was on the bloody computer at that stage i hadnt even touched a computer but this paticular day i saw him on a collingwood site so i went over and asked what the hell was he doin, well it was then i saw nicks board for the first time. well you can just imagine me, i was like a child in a lolly shop with one hand i was trying to take over the computer and with the other ahnd trying to stop myself from wetting my pants with excitement, i fell in love with nicks board instantly and with in a week i had my very own computer.

I remember the pride we all felt when eddie first posted on nicks, boy were the phones ringing people were saying is it him, could it be him, the photo in his post sure looks like him and he even talks in his post the same as he does on the footy show and on radio, it was eddie allright and i even think that eddies involvement with nicks board bought us even closer together, we were unique we had a president that loved being with us.

Having nick the pieman down from queensland was an exciting time poor old nick as much as he loved the experience his maggies on the day couldnt get up (next time mate)

The bitch fights and wernt there plenty of them but we all got over them pretty quick once the next game was only a few days away, and then we were as optimistic as ever 'well as only as collingwood people can be'

Well it was a great experience and its going to be sadly missed and i dont know where to go as some people believe it or not find my level passion offensive(but i cant help it and to be truthful i wouldnt want to be any other way) i might become bulletin board homeless by choice but i dont how long that will be for because i just love telling everyone on how much i love the maggies.

This will be my last ever post on nicks board if over the time whilst posting on here if i have offended anyone please accept my apologies.
feel free everyone to email me when ever you want to, joffamagpie@hotmail.com

PS i gotta get another hanky thanks for having me around mike.
take care
joffa

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 5:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I left out something and that was the arrival of london dave at my old place in cranbourne, and to think my butler was absent, me and dave had to open our own bottles and god forbid we even had to extend our arm length to ash our french ciggies.

Fancy that through this board here i was talking to a craxy ex aussie magpie loving guy who has set up residence opposite windsor castle to be close to his beloved monarchy...LOL

I had no probs in entertaining davo, i couldnt shut the bugger up
once we got talking about the magpies which was at the front door...LOL we were like to old bags under a hair dryer at the hairdressers.
Dave mate you just have to get to a game with us this year ok mate you will be a guest of the cheer squad no iff's and no butts get ur ass over here mate.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:28 pm

Aaaah memories Joff.... how sweet they are....

Reading your post I relived them with you. I'm still shitty that you didn't invite me over when London Dave was in town though....

Do you remember the comeback from Mike when you sent your money for magpie.net and you told him that it was making its way to the ISLAND OF THE SHEEP?......
and Mike said "Turn Left, turn left mate cos your gonna miss us by abt 5000k"..... That was pure gold..

Then the time when we were being bombarded by magpies (the real ones) and I think it was Spidergirl and she told us about her trials and tribulations with them how she was going to sue the phone company because it was her mobile that instigated the attack?....
that page would have to be one of the funniest... I think I might go look for it and print it. If its still there....

Then Mags interpretation of Grand final day 2001 Pies v Carlscum
that had me and JBJ rolling on the floor laughing with tears streaming down our faces.....funny shit that..

I also remember the very first time I posted after much anguish and deliberation
It was on the 27th of October 2000 that I finally took the step.

And that post I did about the cheersquad and the anger that came from you....I was really scared... when you thought my motives were unsavoury and that I was soliciting for members..., the response from Mike and the wisdom that he bestowed on the two of us, the Cheersquad went on from there to what it is today...

Yes these are the memories that this board will leave me with Joff, and they will live in my heart forever....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 28 January 2002).]
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:48 am

dont reckon you would have missed much cobood, just two expensive winos reenacting the banks-rhys jones decapitation at the mcg all those years ago. we took it in turns to play banksy and the beer was rhys jones. Plenty of beer had the tops knocked off them too. (and talking a load of bollox as well). Like I said at the time Joff, I'll see if I make it this season. Hope so...so keep the beer cold in coburg for me!!!!

just to get into the spirit, a few things that stick out from time round the board, again in no particular order...

Alf burning fish fingers (i think)in chat one night,

having a beer with Joff (and Emma of course) was cool too, the man has a magpie shrine...RESPECT...

'watching' the games on the board too has kind of rekindled my love of the pies so to speak. my wife still can't figure why i get up at odd hours and wake up half the neighbourhood.

I recall one game several years ago, with Mike 'yelling' into chat "Is anybody there...why do I bother?" or something like that. sorry mate, didnt answer you then, i was out there but was just checking the score before I headed off to play cricket, and didnt have time to answer, but I s'pose you now know there were plenty of people listening, but they didnt know it at the time. Always felt a bit sheepish about that Mike, sorry mate...bit of a 'death bed' confession so to speak. Must have been 98 or 99...

Beating carlton last year was cool too, i was in Berlin, and finally got into chat with the bloke from italy. we were the only ones there, as there were problems with it. had a few yells that day, and a little trouble working the german keyboard for cheering too. v frustrating. Being stuck in a crappy hotel in Quito (look it up plebs) calling for 'mucho cerveza' from the hired help and screaming as we stormed back against the saints last year, exactly as mike predicted. (did that yank who bet on us ever buy a magpie mail as way of thanks Mike, he was a real doom merchant at half time) And, trying to beat the bloke from the Hague to a RRRRROOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! whenever anthony threaded through a goal was great fun too! Beating Port adelaide was cool, as was any win.

To all the regs and semi regs at virtual Vic Park, we need to get a place for this year....Mike, NTPM, bones, pie no sauce, Ed and ck, mossi from italy and haiku bob from the hague, magpie magic? northern pie crickey, plenty of others too. Its hard enough getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning, but to watch the pies here with you folks was a pleasure, even nursing a hangover of 8.2 on the richter scale. Hope to see y'all this year somewhere.

Anyways, I'm pretty confident we are gonna do something bug this season...so all you lot who are in the fortunate position of going to a few games, when ya lungs are busted, throat red roar, half frozen and soaked to the bones, find it within yourselves to let rip with a few more cheers for the pies, for all us lot who are a little too far away to be audibly heard. Its gonna be a big big year.

Go pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lastly...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

if you were there, y'ad know what it means!

Thanks again everyone...esp Mike and Nick

ciao folks

vale Nicks BB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: