Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#20 Ben Reid

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

really good point, Spoljar, he may well end up a crackerjack full back yet, in the mould of Rutten and Glass. Especially once he gets a bit of size on him. Could easily see big Browny becoming a mobile centre half back and with a bit of luck young Dawesy will come on to team up with Clokey who will make up our two key forward posts. This is all in an ideal world, of course. Four big key position players - all with pace.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:
-magpies are 2 good- wrote:
if i knew he was going to do the shuffle i would of video taped it and sent it into aussies funnyest video show. i would of won the grand final, as im sure about 60 thousand people were laughing at the mcg.

ah yes, reid's number one supporter!

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

no thanx.

you were even agreeing with me when i was saying how crap he was to you

i was winding you up like a toy. Wink

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:10 am

Podpicken wrote:
really good point, Spoljar, he may well end up a crackerjack full back yet, in the mould of Rutten and Glass. Especially once he gets a bit of size on him. Could easily see big Browny becoming a mobile centre half back and with a bit of luck young Dawesy will come on to team up with Clokey who will make up our two key forward posts. This is all in an ideal world, of course. Four big key position players - all with pace.

I trully believe that Reid, Dawes, Brown and Cloke will make or break our team over the next 5-10 years. If we have 3 out of these right, we are fine and a realistics shot at a Premiership. So far we can say that two (Cloke and Brown) are looking great, Reid is looking very promising and Dawes is a bit of an unknown at this stage. Reality is that Rocca, Wakes and Presti are nearing the end and have to be replaced over the next couple years.

I know that we will end up drafting other key position prospects over the next couple years, but with the reality of the draft concessions the new teams will get, the pickings will be slim. So we had to get these picks right.

Any team that has buggered up their last 3-4 drafts including this years, will be stuffed for the next 10 years. That is a Fact.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:17 am

Im hoping that run up was a one off. Perhaps he was just nervous and los this run up a bit. I havent seen him too much at VFL level, is this the norm for him??

He didnt do it last year when i saw him play.

A run off like that will never produce a goal.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:21 am

he never stutters in the vfl or at training that i have seen.

its just the pressure on the big stage in front of a massive crowd. if he is doing it now and in like his 4th game whats he going to be doing if he plays 100 games.
Two_Pies Capricorn

Dougie Barwick tough as nails !!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:44 am

In reality would he be in the mix if we had a fit Ruz ? Reid will be a future KPP he did a reasonable job against the Blues. If we get Big Pebs back this week he can perform a similar job without Trav with the freedom to roam and will benefit from back to back games.

I would vote for Tarks to line up in the forward line against the doggies. If he and Meds can rove to Pebs (who will be double-teamed) we will have the opportunity that was missing last week with the open forward line.

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:31 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Im hoping that run up was a one off. Perhaps he was just nervous and los this run up a bit. I havent seen him too much at VFL level, is this the norm for him??

He didnt do it last year when i saw him play.

A run off like that will never produce a goal.

Ahh no...... watched him in the warm up and had two or three set shot practices and did the shuffle there. So it is a set routine. I wasn't surprised to see it in the game after seeing it in the warm up. Only difference was that he seemed to get too close to the man on the mark and the shuffle was almost on the spot and not going forward like in the practice. So it may have been a slight misjudgement. But it was laughable.

I posted in the VFL section to see if the followers there had seen this approach to a set shot in the VFL games.

From my VFL Post: What coach is allowing him to kick like that. There is no way in the world that, that approach to a set shot provides balance or momentum when kicking. What is going on????????

On a positive note, I think he will be a gem. Thought his game on the weekend showed promise and deserves to be left in the side to get as much experiance as we can afford (i.e. till Rocca and Cloke get back at least. Even then would like to see him at HFF to ease the load on Cloke and play more of a Tarrant role).

Field kicking I thought was OK. No worse than Cloke. Spotted up targets fine, and drove it long and very quickly into 50 as per our game plan.

Needs some serious specilist coaching on set shots. He is not a natural, but neither is Cloke and his improvement this year is obvious. I can't see an obvious flaw in the kicking action (bar the approach). It generally seems smooth (but need to see much more of him). Does seem to struggle with distance (as the original post states). But they all can't be Roccas. As long as he can get em from kicking on the 50m thats fine by me. Capper kicked a ton and could only do it from 35m-40m!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:33 pm

thanks melliot, thats great information. He'll be vital this week.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:37 pm

GlovemanGayfer wrote:
For those who were listening before the shuffle the commentators were raving about his technique and his accuracy. Perhaps he made a mistake and stuffed up??
I would love to have been 19 and perfect like most of you. Talk about pressure on a kid. I bet he knows he stuffed up and I bet he's more down about it than you too. How about supporting the kid who as was said earlier did a bloody god job after no footy for 3 weeks. Stop making his the scapegoat we're not Richmond!

triple m box cracked up laughing
Adman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:19 pm

I think we all agree the shuffle was funny stuff, it looked to me that he does have a small shuffle set in his routine but something went a little wrong and he did a double shuffle, classic no doubt that will be shown when he recieves his brownlow hehe.

played footy for 15 years i've my life and to me he looks to have the goods, leads well into the right positions has good hands. Big shoulders and the pipes are developing. Don't can him just yet on his set shots, Staurt Low, Warren Tredrea all started of shocking kicks at goal and turned out fine even some of the champs go through set shot yipps, Reiwold & Koschitzke come straight to mind.

Amazes me how harshley he is already judged he's just a kid and barely played a game, i would love to see any of you get thrust on a stage in front of 80,000 plus the t.v viewers watching your every move and watch how you react.

I only hope Dawes doesn't get the same judging so early, i read the calls of drop Rocca bring in Dawes CRIKEY what are we expecting from him when he does get his crack in the seniors.

Evil or Very Mad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 pm

Adman wrote:
I think we all agree the shuffle was funny stuff, it looked to me that he does have a small shuffle set in his routine but something went a little wrong and he did a double shuffle, classic no doubt that will be shown when he recieves his brownlow hehe.

played footy for 15 years i've my life and to me he looks to have the goods, leads well into the right positions has good hands. Big shoulders and the pipes are developing. Don't can him just yet on his set shots, Staurt Low, Warren Tredrea all started of shocking kicks at goal and turned out fine even some of the champs go through set shot yipps, Reiwold & Koschitzke come straight to mind.

Amazes me how harshley he is already judged he's just a kid and barely played a game, i would love to see any of you get thrust on a stage in front of 80,000 plus the t.v viewers watching your every move and watch how you react.

I only hope Dawes doesn't get the same judging so early, i read the calls of drop Rocca bring in Dawes CRIKEY what are we expecting from him when he does get his crack in the seniors.

Evil or Very Mad

You seem to forget also about James Manson the Worst Kicking Style ever in Footy but he did quite well

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:44 pm
Post subject: Ben Reid New NickNameReply with quote

Twinkle Toes They just did a Bit on the Footy Show just saying it's like Fred Flintstones Bowling Action, They they had a Few Dancers Mocking Reid Kicking Action
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Poor kid. Just leave him alone
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:52 pm

One thing I don't miss living oversea's is that bunch crap that's apparently about footy. Boooo!
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Lets not get too sensitive here. I thought it was quite funny and he aint the first, or will be the last player to have the mickey taken out of them.

He is a big boy and I am sure it will be something that he will have a good laugh over later on in his career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 3 of 43   

Jump to: