Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 'wowsers' are slowly taking over!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who pushed your button CQ, but we've had enough.

What may or may not have happened in the past is totally irrelevant and is certainly not the business of of this community.

If you have a problem with Joffa, I suggest you email him directly and discuss it in private.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:51 am

well i'll tell you who pushed my button. joffa not having any respect for people who are trying to do the right thing (the majority anyway) and reckoning its ok to go to sporting occasions and be a moron and anyone whos dares not to be an idiot is a tea drinker and sandwich eater or something to that affect.
and yes we may have gotten a little bit off track here. but to get back to the topic.

quote:
i strongly condemn stuff being thrown onto the ground as it could injure players

so its ok for people in the crowd to get hurt??

whoever said something about the yobbos staying home and throwing things at the television is right. we dont need them at our venues spoiling it for people who dont feel they need to get blind and throw things around to have fun.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:54 am

Hmmmm.

Anyone here remember how this topic ACTUALLY started?

A very interesting point about one-day cricket crowd problems (the same problems seldom occur at test matches...a link to attention spans?) was raised in yesterday's Age (Phillip Hunt, p11).

The basic contention was that alcohol isn't the big problem: mob-mentality is the problem. Having witnessed "hooligan" scenes in a number of alochol-free nevironmnets, I have to say I partially agree. Only partially, because people are less likely to think about consequences of their actions when under the influence.

Fire away folks.

Broadie
magpie24 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:12 am

Agreed Broadie.

From my observations at the G Sunday,were with most of the Yobbos being kicked out,they just walked out waving to the crowd and in return getting a very big send off.My point is they were walking with out the help of police or the would be police.{Everyone ive seen get thrown out at the Footy cant walk}

The copper i was talking to "said" they had thrown out 10 in the first 10 minutes.

Have a good one

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:17 am

they also probably think that bcos theyre in a big group its less likely that they will get caught, which is right, but a lot still do get caught.
yeah no one has legs at the footy cos theres only a few a game, but the cricket theres something like 200, as if they could be bothered to carry them all out!!

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:21 am

yep Broadie, that article in The Age was good stuff.

let's face it. the same uproar occurs every year. though i guess, given last year's events, we've all had a lot more steam to let off, and more reasons to get wasted more often.

what i find totally silly are the comparisons between footy and cricket crowds. apart from a few select groups who actually chant songs about the cricket, i see only great multitudes of bourgeois teenagers (who've likely snuck around into the southern stand from the MCC section) getting off on shouting crap and taking off their collared shirts. there's no passion compared to the kind of emotion you see at the footy.

anyway, i find to hard to see how anyone could be 'passionate' about anything representing howard's australia.

pardon my diatribe.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:06 am

You guys recon you've got it hard in Melbourne.What about the TV last night from Tasmania.no bugles,no beach ball,no shouting no BLOODY NUFINK.
In Sydney tomorrow,no Mexican wave unless it orderly,no alchahol unless its soft drink,no anaconda unless it the real thing,and 15,000 security to keep the crowd quiet.
Talk about political correctness.
Might as well spend the day at home and watch the bloody game.
catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:00 am

Harrysz,

You crack me up ... dead set.

Listen to this, everybody.

Collingwood NEEDS Warne and McGrath

Warne and McGrath ... the great WINNERS.

Just what the Pies need. A pace bowler and a leg-spinner. To win our next premiership. What about it, Malty? Get rid of these losers like Molloy, Buckley, Rocca, N.Davis, L.Davis, Fraser. They're too NICE. Let's do a deal with St.Kilda. We'll trade half a dozen of our best footballers to the Saints in return for a dead-set mongrel leg spinner. Watch out world.

The Mongrel Pies are coming.

And not a RED letter in sight.

Who do we have to trade with to get Sledgemeister McGrath?

**the pavilion is THAT way, Harry**
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:21 am

Getting back to the actual topic ... as much as I look down on the Bay 13 riff-raff, as I've previously mentioned, I think it is absolutely frightening that there has been all this talk about banning the mexican wave and the snake. These activities, while clearly juvenile and not in the spirit of cricket, are spontaneous expressions of plebian enthusiasm. Banning them sets a serious precedent which will spill over into football if we're not careful.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that this sort of crowd control has already spilled over into football. Joffa's evictions have been purely the result of verbal exchanges with opposition supporters. They bring shame only to the security people and police who evicted him.

Joffa is a target because of who he is and what he stands for. The only reason the Richmond supporters didn't get evicted also is because they are NOBODIES. They have no identity. They are faceless, gutless, yellow-and-black sledge artists with no charisma, no class and no identity. What kudos would security get for throwing them out?

But Joffa, on the other hand is a PRIZED SCALP for some over-zealous no-life with no brain and no integrity.

There's no way CQ would get thrown out. If I went up to security and said, "Er, excuse me ... could you please evict CQ for offensive behaviour," they would look at me with puzzled faces and say "C-who?"

C-Who, indeed.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:38 am

Can we let the CQ / Joffa thing die please?

Incidentally, I'll be fascinated to see how they intend to implement a ban on the mexican wave. How would you do that? Follow that wave? I can just see the ground emptying in rapid response to a passing wave.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:29 pm

Banning the Mexican wave...I'd like to see that. I wonder if people will vote with their feet over this issue?

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:53 pm

Well Dr Alf, I wouldn't've picked you for a supporter of Magpie Joffa but you never can tell, I guess.
What makes you such an expert on the direction of the pavilion? McGrath's probably the best fast bowler in the world and
Warne's possibly the best leg spinner of all time; but to you, they're losers. Sheesh, you're not easy to please!

Seth 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:56 pm

Sorry Joffa and others, but if this is just a forum to bag the coppers then I'll be happy to stay away then.
And yes for all that didn't know, I am one, and yes I often work the footy and one day cricket. The footy is usually fine but the cricket is just a moronic joke where every immature dickhead who gets pissed on two beers decides to come along and make absolute ****wits of themselves. If anyone can think of a better way to control 20,000 morons at once whose sole purpose is to impress their mates by getting thrown out, having the crowd chant at them and then for a bit of bravado fire up at the 'jacks' then be my guest, you work it and best of luck recovering from a frozen bottle of water cracked over the back of your head like I had.
Sorry Joff, have to very much disagree with you, it is absolutely out of control and getting worse every year and will see the MCG lose the cricket one day.

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:26 pm

Seriously, Harry ... I wasn't questioning their credentials as cricketers ... just their credentials as decent human beings.

I quite like a bit of mongrel in a footballer ... especially in a Collingwood footballer ... but I get extrememly annoyed when I see the same quality in a cricketer. It's very sad.

Cricket used to be much different to how it is today. I can remember it from before Kerry Packer got his greasy hands on it. It was a damn fine game ... played by damn fine people.

I wouldn't give you tuppence for one day cricket. It's a symptom of our trashy Americanised culture. One day cricket is the sporting equivalent of fast food. And the people who play it are just like spoilt kids who've had too much raspberry cordial.

I don't care how many wickets Sledgemeisters Warne and McGrath have taken. Nothing justifies their obnoxious behaviour. The reason I'm such an expert on the location of the pavilion is because I've seen Warne and McGrath point to it every time they take a wicket. This is something that Benaud and Lindwall would never have dreamed of doing.

Unfortunately the brat mentality of one day cricket has spilled over into real cricket. The whole culture of the grand old game is languishing in the proverbial toilet. It's no wonder that crowd behaviour has descended into the sewer along with it.

I called Warne and McGrath "losers" in a sense which is obviously a bit different to how you (Harrysz) see the term.

I remember, in the olden days there was an expression that we used if something was just not right. We used to say it's just not "cricket". Meaning that it trangressed certain ethical standards that were grafted into the souls of all cricketers and gentlemen. It's clear that the modern cricketer does not carry this same moral blueprint. And that's why I reckon they are losers. I've singled out Warne and McGrath as two high profile examples, but I could probably have named plenty of others of various nationalities.

OK ... Now that's my thoughts on cricket.

Football, on the other hand, is a different matter. There's no such saying as "it's just not football". Football is a game played by mongrels and watched by even bigger mongrels. And so it should be. If your opponent kicks a goal, king hit the bastard. If Collingwood loses, it is your moral duty to abuse any opposition supporter who dares to smile in your presence. If something is good for Collingwood it is good for football. Lie, cheat and steal as much as possible ... as long as it's for Collingwood.

And if all this sounds contradictory ... damn right it is. Life is full of contradictions. That's what makes it interesting.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:40 am

they probably want to ban the mexican wave bcos when it gets around to the moron area called bay 13 and those surrounding, several hundred (probably) bottles, etc, get thrown into the air.
tell me, what exactly is so funny about that? its not even funny, its just stupid.
its simple to say dont sit there, but like seth mentioned, the coppers HAVE to go there to keep the fools under control.
anyway the idea of going there is to watch cricket, not think youre a hero bcos youre in 'bay 13' with all the other imbeciles in the ground, its not something thats worthy of congratulations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: