Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#8 Heritier Lumumba

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like everyone is talking in circles, which is what’s frustrating Lumumba but the irony is he’s also contributing to this going round in circles. Collingwood has, and is continuing to, take steps to redress the racism and implement a system that won’t allow it to be repeated. Which is miles more than other clubs are doing, specifically Adelaide, Hawthorn and West Coast (who Sharrod Wellingham’s said had big issues). So what exactly is Lumumba unhappy with? Slow progress, box ticking, keeping up appearances and virtue signalling? Players/coaches/admin involved haven’t spoken up and apologised? It feels to me that Lumumba wants the club, everyone, to suffer, and he shifted the goal posts when Ed and Bucks got booted. I have empathy for him, particularly what he went through with family, and I have criticisms of Eddie and the players involved — I’ve said that in previous posts. But geezus this feels like each side is talking over each other and not at each other —and Lumumba needs to take responsibility for his part in that. Otherwise this going to drag on and on and on and it will consume him.

Edit: the talking in circles thing isn’t imho a part of the systemic/casual racism, it’s two parties not being able to communicate with the other. It is not a case of the club still being racist. Anyway, I’m out, I’ve spent my 2 million cents on this issue and I hope the club and Lumumba, Leon and Kraks can work this out. I don’t have much faith though, Lumumba shifted the goal posts from Ed and Bucks to the club after they got sacked and the club started getting positive press. I know Leon and Kraks aren’t aiming to tear the club down but want the issues to never be repeated.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:15 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Lets imagine for a moment he was white and he was bullied terribly. Would you take a different view on how has has approached this issue?

If I may, that is a very poor analogy. He is not white and bullying is not anything like systemic racism.

Not any of us that are not black can hope to imagine what its like to be black and discriminated against for that reason alone.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be transgender, have dwarfism, have autism, suffered abuse etc either. Emotional damage occurs in many sphere's of life as we should not necessarily accept that someone is entitled to react in whatever way they wish just because they are victims.

Heritier is a victim. I also happen to disagree with his decision making. That does not make me racist or unsympathetic to his experiences.

agree with all of that.

i just dont get why people cant just be more tolerant of each others differences.

for this one, since there are 2 other explayers also involved, and other players confirmed what happened, to get past this i reckon the club needs to arrange a sit down, not an open forum, but a sit down with lawyers. hopefully payouts wont be necessary, but Heritier feels he needs closure, and unitl he gets it, this is not going away. quite frankly this needs to be dealt with.

as for bullying not being like systamatic racism, well bullying doesnt start at birth and continue forever, unless you happen to be born into one of those families you seen on the midday movie that make my dad look halfway human. I cant imagine having to set myself everytime i walk out my front door just because my skin is a darker colour. second guessing every comment made to you. how painful that must be.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
H does not seem to realise both Eddie and Bucks have departed the Club, and from what i have read,many parts of the Do Better Report has been implemented. Cannot believe hes stiill banging on about this, has he not heard of Tex Walker and the goings on at Hawthorn. ?? To me he cant accept the new regime at Collingwood, the new era, hes an attention seeking dickhead, still trying to remain relevant. Ive lost all time for his antics now,he cant accept being out of the limelight now.

100% agree - if we all suffered serious psychological harm at the hands of our employers, I know that every one of us would all just move on when our employers published a report about how they're handling things now - because that would just make our psychological harm vanish instantly. You know, just like changing safety practices from next week instantly fixes the bloke whose leg was chopped off by the circular saw last week, no surgery necessary....

OH spare me the violin stuff mate, please, H wants to drag the Club to rack and ruin, he wants to break us. Tell me this, he said yrs ago, that fellow players called him an hurtful nickname, starting with the word C, he hated it, yet used the nickname HIMSELF, in his own words, he happily used that nickname he so called hated, to describe himself, in his own bio. So, go figure that one out. BTW i note you only target me here, no body else on this, and they have said worse about him than i have, so whats your agenda here,may i ask. ?? Face facts, we were the only club to do that Do better report, NO other club did, yet look at adelaide and the Hawks now, what does that tell you, hey. WE have a whole new Board, Pres, Coach, assistant coaches, only two players remain from his day, yet hes still pissing and moaning, after we must have apologised profusely a million times. He just wants to drag us down forever, suffers the fact ihes totally irrelevant now, and cant move on, his massive ego tripping wont let him. Surprised

I guess you think that was somehow a response to the point I made. It doesn't appear to me, though, that you want to engage in rational conversation about the issue.

Thats a real Scotty Morrison dodgy answer, i think i gave a perfect ratiional response actually. YOU failed to tell me why, if H hated that C word he alleges he was called by team mates, all those yrs ago, WHY then he print the word in his OWN words, in his OWN Bio details, ?? He said it about himself, remember. Hes a total hypocrite and never ending whinger of the first order. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:13 pm

PNC, it's pretty clear you've never listened or really taken in anything he's had to say on that topic. I'd advise reading and thinking about Héritier's own response to this from last year:

https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2011931#2011931

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Nothing new being discussed here, and points of view appear pretty much entrenched.

Let's avoid the iceberg shall we?
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:11 pm

https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/players/heritier-lumumba/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15   

Jump to: