Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#8 Heritier Lumumba

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In a statement on Wednesday, Collingwood chief executive Mark Anderson said he hoped the affected players would be part of the club’s process.
“We remain committed to, and hopeful of, a genuine outcome for any and all players who have been subject to racism at our club,” he said.
“Our processes of the past needed to be reviewed and the Do Better Review and report recommendations addressed what we needed to change and implement."
As part of our Do Better Report implementation, the Truth Telling Process was always planned to commence at the end of April and communication to our past players, coaches and staff will occur within this time frame."
“We want to ensure that all Collingwood Football Club people who have been impacted by racism are able to be part of this process.
“The club is committed to ensuring any and all players who have experienced racism benefit from this process and look forward to and welcome their involvement.”
Davis and Krakouer have been approached for comment.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lumumba is a pure narcissist, plain and simple. He has never really been concerned about racism, social equality or any other issue, except in regards to how they can draw attention to himself.

Funny you should say that.

Quite a few years back when he was playing, I remember seeing him at the then Belgian Beer Cafe on StKilda Road in Melbourne.

I observed him quite closely and couldn't shake the feeling that he was very "full of" himself. Definitely not the humble type.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:52 pm

Seth wrote:
Have I missed something? Is there some sort of lawsuit instigated by Davis and Krakouer? Have they said something publicly and I’ve missed it?

Yes, I was puzzled by that assertion (made by Mr Miyagi at the bottom of page 1) too. First I've heard of it.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:56 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Funny how Adelaide isn’t getting any attention, and the media has lost interest in Hawthorn already. From what I’ve gathered, Lumumba has joined the lawsuit with Leon and Kraks. It’s no longer about Eddie and Bucks and an apology, he wants the club torn down. It shits me because Leon and Kraks deserve better

Other Clubs be at least as bad or maybe even worse but Media does not care much about the other Clubs but Happily Shit on Collingwood just because we are Collingwood

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Here's the article about the progress review into the Do Better report.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/done-better-collingwood-applauded-for-significant-and-genuine-progress-20220329-p5a93h.html

Collingwood got slammed when the report came out, but to date we're still the only team to have commissioned such an independent review and taken transparent action on it, we sure as hell aren't the only club to have had issues with racism.

SPOT ON, both Tex Walker and the goings on at Hawthorn under Kennett, say hello. Surprised

Because no one really cares about it happening at other Clubs.

Massive Double Standards

Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:04 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Funny how Adelaide isn’t getting any attention, and the media has lost interest in Hawthorn already. From what I’ve gathered, Lumumba has joined the lawsuit with Leon and Kraks. It’s no longer about Eddie and Bucks and an apology, he wants the club torn down. It shits me because Leon and Kraks deserve better

Other Clubs be at least as bad or maybe even worse but Media does not care much about the other Clubs but Happily Shit on Collingwood just because we are Collingwood

Rioli asserts some fairly serious accusations about hawthorn and Kennett. So what does Robinson do? Who incidentally was instrumental in going for the throats of Eddie and ultimately Buckley, he goes and interviewed uncle Michael (Long) who says <snip – incorrect and potentially defamatory comment removed. Thanks, BBMods.> and so everyone steps back, says oh ok then it’s not true then and no more said about hawthorn. The absolute hypocrisy of this flog of a bloke who calls himself a journalist is breathtaking. Maybe he should speak to HLs family, might come up with similar type issues but of course that wouldn’t fit the narrative would it.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:12 pm

Is this code for they did not offer us enough compensation (money)?

“Nothing has changed. It is our firm belief that the Collingwood Football Club has no intention of acting in good faith to achieve a just outcome for past players who have experienced racism at the Club.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:43 pm

Nothing we do will be good enough.

Lumumba can’t let go of the victimhood status he’s cultivated for himself.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:46 pm

Harry / Heritier always came across to me as someone who sees himself as one to bring a Mabo type level of social change, but lacks the gravitas and intellectual nous to the agenda he espouses.
It just comes across as contrived. He ain't no Ali.

As far as the issues raised, by all means let's work towards getting it right.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:49 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Harry / Heritier always came across to me as someone who sees himself as one to bring a Mabo type level of social change, but lacks the gravitas and intellectual nous to the agenda he espouses.

He comes across as someone who's been radicalised by race politics and is all consumed by it.

I'm still adamant that the "Do Better Report" is the biggest own goal in the club's history.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:56 pm

He is a bit like Adam Goodes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lumumba is a pure narcissist, plain and simple. He has never really been concerned about racism, social equality or any other issue, except in regards to how they can draw attention to himself.

I loved him as a player, but as a human being he is a great disappointment.

You're one of the very few people I know who could say that and get away with it.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:31 pm

Heretier will never be happy. I believe he has zero interest in the club anymore and it’s more about establishing woke credentials in the USA.
Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:33 pm

<snip – defamatory claim removed. Thanks, BBMods.>

I find HLs lack of being part of any discussion more disturbing and I do sometimes find myself questioning his credibility. But the club has recognized their shortcomings and actually done something to address it which is more than what any other club has done but that does not seem to go far enough for HL. It now seems to be squarely about money from his Twitter comments.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
H does not seem to realise both Eddie and Bucks have departed the Club, and from what i have read,many parts of the Do Better Report has been implemented. Cannot believe hes stiill banging on about this, has he not heard of Tex Walker and the goings on at Hawthorn. ?? To me he cant accept the new regime at Collingwood, the new era, hes an attention seeking dickhead, still trying to remain relevant. Ive lost all time for his antics now,he cant accept being out of the limelight now.

100% agree - if we all suffered serious psychological harm at the hands of our employers, I know that every one of us would all just move on when our employers published a report about how they're handling things now - because that would just make our psychological harm vanish instantly. You know, just like changing safety practices from next week instantly fixes the bloke whose leg was chopped off by the circular saw last week, no surgery necessary....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15   

Jump to: