Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MM is getting a bit wearysome!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:33 pm
Post subject: MM is getting a bit wearysome!Reply with quote

MM has asked all those that have been reporting on training in the websites to stop it.
he says other clubs may read it.
well they can also go to training and see for themselves,so why stop us interstate fans from reading how the boys are shaping up>
i reckon hes lost the plot and is trying to become a wanker,and hes doing a fair job of it too.
its a bloody disgrace!
another slap in the face to the clubs fans.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MM has always been worried about training "secrets" being out in the open. That is why he has always had closed training sessions. I don't particularly like closed sessions but he is the man appointed to take us to the top and if he fails he is the one who will be sacked and replaced. That being the case it is his call.

Having said that, if the session is an open session then why shouldn't it be reported. As Ed said, opposition spies or reporters can go along anyway. In any case, I would much prefer our opposition to get their intelligence from "us" with out bias and preconceived ideas than to go along and make their own personal observations. Surely Carlton would be better off watching training than reading what I might interpret from a training session.

On the other hand, maybe it is time for some phantom training reports just to upset the applecart.

"Cummings trained strongly and his new role as an onballer will release Licuria to play at Full Forward where he starred in intra club practice matches held secretly outside the Lulie St. milk bar yesterday.

The return of Tony Shaw has seen some great set plays. Particularly involving a rejuvenated Jason Wilde running from half back at center bounces to retrieve Steve McKee’s expertly palmed taps on the wing left vacant for his run with the whole team bar Wilde lining up on the opposite side of the ground. Wilde runs through the wing with the ball, crosses half forward and slots it through just like the good old days of the late 90's."

In other training news, Buckley looks like missing this week with a flare up of the stress fractures he has been carrying all season. His likely replacement is Rene Kink who was secretly placed on the Super Veterans list at the start of the season and has lost an incredible 100 kilograms with special programs designed by fitness guru Tank ODonnahue."

Leonin4=star 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:23 am

i think mick makes a fair point abt the reporting of players injuries..i dont want other clubs to know that if they dont have 2..

magic!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:33 am

i dont see why OUR training is such a big secret. clubs that have been sucessful recently eg essendon dont hide their tactics and i havent seen anyone go 'steal' them. whats the big deal, why deprive ppl who cant go? if its an 'open' session then it should be 'open' for comment.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:32 am

I agree with Mick.I wouldnt like to have my training details spread all over the web either.
Good on him
Catch you later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:49 am

It's very strange. Clubs have always kept track of each others' training sessions. I notice that MM adopted a low key 'ask nicely' approach and didn't get involved in the discussion himself, but that still doesn't explain why it was necessary in the first place.

Opposition clubs are not going to take a lot of notice of something that they read on the web, they are going to make sure that someone they know and trust is present at the sessions and get their info first hand. All public training sessions will be attended by opposition clubs if there is anything at all that they think may be helpfull.

The only way to stop the opposition getting info from training is to close the sessions - not prevent the supporters from attending and reporting.

Perhaps this is a lead-up to closing all sessions and they are lining up some scape goats for when the shit hits the fan.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:48 am

That is ridiculous. I have seen many spies from Collingwood down at other clubs likewise im sure spies from other clubs have been down at Collingwoods training sessions. It all works both ways. Other teams post up their training reports in fact i posted several on StKilda's training sessions just this morning so why should Collingwood be any different? Most club sessions don't vary that much in terms of training drills (which is mostly what we comment on here when giving a report) and if on occasions they do then they are done at secret venues at secret times like Essendon often do or they are held indoors as Danny Frawley often does with Richmond! If it's info on how certain players are coming along that Mick is worried about then perhaps he had better lock the doors of Vic Park and not let any journos in including his own daughter!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 9:31 am

Update from Annabelle as posted on the Extreme Black 'n' White Bullet In Board

---------------------------------------------------------------
I went to training in an ambivalent frame of mind - to post or not to post. I had all these freedom of information, censorship thoughts swirling around. But nothing was going to keep me from viewing the boys in the flesh. Saw Richard in the grandstand and took up a seat next to him. Well things took an interesting turn when none other than MM was seen approaching me and I had all these negative feelings regarding by "toned down" report of the other day being unsatisfactory still to those who count. Mick was very amiable and explained how he has no problems with the reports etc. but did point out that it's frustrasting to the coaching staff at Pieland that news about us unoffically or officially abounds but it's hard to glean info about some other teams. In fact he intimated that it's great that we Pie supporters can share our passions and report so widely and freely. Nevertheless I will stick to my promise to be less specific regarding injury concerns. MM incidentally is more concerned at the spread of this info once the season proper starts but is also aware of the impending pre-season competition, and even watching training today one was aware how the intensity is increasing and drills etc. are being more closely tailored to a playing situation. MM also conceded that he knows "spies" are often at training and they can nearly always isolate them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As usual the rest of her training report is good value and can be read on that BB - ( Extreme Black 'n' White Bullet In Board )

ed healey 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 11:11 am

MM must have read all the damning remarks about his original statement and is now in damage control.
i for one am happy that the news will still be forthcoming.

AJ 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:10 pm

Personally I think that you guys are overeacting to whatever Malthouse said. He probably said it as a joke. He would be well aware of the spies at open sessions. Some of you should calm down. You're taken this issue too seriously.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 6:03 pm

As a Collingwood Supporter and member I consider myself part of the "Team".
As part of the team I consider it my obligation to do as the coach requests me to.
Therefore if the coach requires that the publicity surrounding our training methods, injury concerns and on-field match planning needs to be tightened then who are we to complain?
The club comes before my petty requirements for "inside information".

-Craig

Welcome to 2002! The year of the MAGPIES!

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:00 pm

Well said Craig..... I'm in agreeance with you.....
There must be a very good reason why MM wants it this way...

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:26 am

Isnt it great to be involved in a club thats on the rise im loving it.

It beats finishing down the bottom every year, you remember them days ? i mean who gives a flying rats arse about a bottom club at training sessions. Get with it fellow collingwood people you are now following a profesional club with the most profesional coach in the business !! And we are on the move!!(loving it)

If your yearning for them days when you could just walk into training and be happy about hanging down in 16th spot get a plane to perth freo and west coast will love ya!!

I guess its the price we pay for being a top club again and i wouldnt want it any other way.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Leonin4=star 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:29 am

haha good point joffa the shaw era certainly makes our recent success and climb up the ladder that much sweeter..im sure every1 who took shit during that period is gonna enjoy giving it out when we win the flag this year..i know i will..

magic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: