Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#36 Dane Swan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Rock 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:20 pm
Post subject: #36 Dane SwanReply with quote

I know one of Danes best mates and he told me Dane preferred the forward line.Now i know why, some great grabs,and some gutsy play last night was a highlight. For a guy with only a few games unde his belt he showed marvelous maturity. Expect more forward line time in the abscence of Tazza Dane!
Ps Guy Richards. .. very impressive. Some great signs to come out of last night, we need some fresh quality blood and here are two ofthe best.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched him in the Willi GF last year and though his kicking skills at goal were pathetic. Last night was a revelation. The kid can kick goals. Along with Lokan we might have a couple of usefull small forwards who can mark and kick goals.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:20 pm

I think alot of us knew of the skill he had it was just a matter of his confidence levels being at the right levels and the right time and last night he stepped up in a positive way. Hopefully he stays in the team...not that anyone could come into replace him! lol
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:33 pm

labrooy wrote:
Quote:
Along with Lokan we might have a couple of usefull small forwards who can mark and kick goals.

So who do we replace them with in the backline?

Hooked
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:11 pm

Swan was great. Did all that he was asked to do in only his 4th match. Rising star nomination?
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:18 pm

Far to early to make value judgements but he at least showed a willingness to go after the ball and do something productive with it, no small talents.

Only time will tell whether there is more to see of him or whether thats as good as it gets. Here's hoping !!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:31 pm

Good to see at least ONE player has lifted his performance since 2003.

dyso

commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:41 pm

There is at least one other who's lifted since last year; a surprise because I had doubts last season.

Lokan.

labrooy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:28 am

Dale61 wrote:
labrooy wrote:
Quote:
Along with Lokan we might have a couple of usefull small forwards who can mark and kick goals.

So who do we replace them with in the backline?

We have Richard Cole for starters. It wouldn't hurt to give Didak a run off the backline either to try and get him going. His form so far this year is too bad to be true.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:53 am

My question was meant to ask who do we replace in the backline, not including those that played on Thursday night? Cole is already a backman, so he doesn't replace anyone.

Remember, we could have another three players on the injured list this week (Taz, Wakes and Clement). With this in mind, who do we promote to the senior side? King, Mullins and C.Cloke? Do we bring in Kinnear? Do we throw Brent Hall to the wolves, if only for his size? Same for Morrison? Has Rhyce been given his last chance? Glad I'm not a selector!

It will be interesting to see who stands up today for Williamstown, knowing there are a couple of spots in the senior side available.

Hooked
sq3 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:21 am
Post subject: Jimmy will be playing.Reply with quote

Jimmy will play - no problems, Taz should be rested the normal 20 days depending on how bad the hammie is - but I would not be surprised if Wakes plays (big heart).

I am also suprprised about Swannies skills improvement and they are great - and he has pace and guts.

My big question is if Swannie can improve his skills so much over 1 pre season - what the hell has to happen to fix the foot skills of Lica, Johno, Taz, Cole and Shaw - who are all sadly lacking in the foot skills area.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:36 pm

Well now that he is revealed, I hope Swanny keeps going well because some on here will be quick to crucify and wash their hands of him. (...bit of an Easter theme..)
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:47 pm

Swan looked composed (like he belonged out there), skills were good and showed more grit than others who should have. Found ball and held a man, very good effort.

Expect Clement to play, Taz will probably miss two games if not three. Wakes might only miss a week.

Desperately need another tall defender to come through but who? Sounds like our best tall back at Willy lately appears to be Crowe! A Rookie who is still too skinny to play senior footy for mine but, could be elevated to senior list after Davo's injury. Hall needs time. Walker did his achillies on the weekend and has looked even more lost than Jason Cloke so far this year. Maxwell has game but is also too scrawny, gets knocked off the ball too easily in a contest.

I'd definitely perservere with Swan and Lokan forward, goals win games and our small forwards thus far have not been getting any. Neon out with a hand, Didak down on form, O'Bree has been terrible and Burns has looked far better in the middle than in the forward line. Need Holland's aggression in the middle at the moment although, if MCG got a gig in the guts, Dutchy could go forward.

Bo Nixon doesn't look ready and the tragedy of Davidson's knee will haunt us all year. Lokan seems one of the few options to fill in or Taz whilst Cam CLoke may get a chance simply because we have no alternatives.

Cole hardly played in the backline on Thursday night so could be given plenty of time there this week. Rhyce was terrible and should not hold his spot on that form. Agree that our options for small backs appear very limited at the moment and King to me just doesn't look anywhere near it. Thank the footy gods for Benny Johnson.

Our starting back six this week could look something like this Roids, Presti, Clem, Lonie, J Cloke, Cole. Swan will be thrown back quickly if the match ups don't work early.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:18 pm

Dale61 wrote:
My question was meant to ask who do we replace in the backline, not including those that played on Thursday night? Cole is already a backman, so he doesn't replace anyone.

Remember, we could have another three players on the injured list this week (Taz, Wakes and Clement). With this in mind, who do we promote to the senior side? King, Mullins and C.Cloke? Do we bring in Kinnear? Do we throw Brent Hall to the wolves, if only for his size? Same for Morrison? Has Rhyce been given his last chance? Glad I'm not a selector!

It will be interesting to see who stands up today for Williamstown, knowing there are a couple of spots in the senior side available.

Mullins should play & prehaps C.Cloke. I wouldn't mind Morrison either.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:32 pm

with Tazz & Wakes out,Kinear must come under consideration(As much as i hate to say it) coz we need another tall & Williams will probably get a go after his B.O.G on Sat.
I also agree with u labroy,Lokan & Swan could make good small forwards along with Didak.As for the backline put Lonie back there along with Cole & Johno & thats our 3 small/medium defender's, then add Clement,Presti & Wakes & it looks o.k(Cloke off the bench)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: