Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Rhyce Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bokka wrote:
Yes now that he is very important to the team he is due to get injured. Maybe the footy gods want to wait till he is unquestinoably a pivotal player, so as to maximize the pain. They must have a good laugh at Cwood supporters up there!
I always said Shaw would be good.
- As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.

Shaw had his injury last week when he was knocked out cold. He's going to be fine now! (yes, my fingers ARE crossed)

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:11 am

DaVe86 wrote:
i think he is on the verge of taking the role as our number 1 midfielder.

This year, for sure. However, Bucks, Burnsy and Licca are still ahead. They have the runs on the board, but Racer is chasing them down! Very Happy
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:41 am

bokka wrote:
As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.

He is only maligned due to his lack of performance. Rolling Eyes

He is Baby Huey. Laughing
Nicko 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:14 pm

Shaw has been brilliant and made one wing his, who should play on the other? Lockyer often gets the nod but he's done nothing for a while now.

I'd give it to Woewodin and let him have a more free-running role than the half-back flank/defensive midfielder position Mick usually plays him in.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:43 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
bokka wrote:
Yes now that he is very important to the team he is due to get injured. Maybe the footy gods want to wait till he is unquestinoably a pivotal player, so as to maximize the pain. They must have a good laugh at Cwood supporters up there!
I always said Shaw would be good.
- As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.

Shaw had his injury last week when he was knocked out cold. He's going to be fine now! (yes, my fingers ARE crossed)
I think one of the footy God's kids was playing on a computer game and His aim was a bit off when He arranged Shaw's kinghit. Hopefully They don't let the Brat do it again for a while.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:46 pm

Culprit wrote:
bokka wrote:
As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.

He is only maligned due to his lack of performance. Rolling Eyes

He is Baby Huey. Laughing
I'm happy to put $20 on him being a good and reliable player for us by this time next year
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:59 pm

I will put $20 on that he does not play 22 rounds next year. He is a long way of being a regular in the seniors on last years as well as this year’s effort.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:09 pm

Steve wrote:
has he proven himself to you yet? keeps working hard like he is now and he'll be a gun.

Quote:
FFS Clokey, there is almost one of these on Shaw every week now. The vast majority of people including myself have apologised to him time and time again and acknowledged that we were wrong! How many times can we say sorry to him.

lol, how many times did you bag him?

Bagged him quite a few times last season and did not even have him in my best 22 for this year. Have not bagged him once this year and have apologised to him as I think he has been sensational this year!

Actually I have an idea:
Why dont we make the 16th October 'National Rhyce Shaw Sorry Day'

Does anyone know the significance of that day?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:31 pm

I'm on your side Culprit. Tex will take time - another two-three seasons in my opinion. He is a good leading full forward, and needs to be played in that position. He won't play every game next year.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:05 am

Let me see. A Shaw that can get the ball, nothing new there. A Shaw that is all guts and not much class, nothing new there. A Shaw who's kicking and delivery sometimes leaves a little to be desired, nothing new there. A Shaw that comes good after a few seasons on the list, nothing new there. A Shaw that will peak at 24-26, nothing new there. A Shaw that will win a copeland, nothing new there. A Shaw that will become a Captain of Collingwood, nothing new there.

Do you get it yet. Yep he is a Shaw....hmmm nothing new there.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:24 am

Culprit wrote:
I will put $20 on that he does not play 22 rounds next year. He is a long way of being a regular in the seniors on last years as well as this year’s effort.
That's a bit steep, I couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't play the odd poor game at his age and be dropped for a week or 2, or miss games through injury. But I'll bet that he will be an integral and important part of the team next season (especially the latter half) barring injury.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:12 am

spoljar wrote:

Actually I have an idea:
Why dont we make the 16th October 'National Rhyce Shaw Sorry Day'

Does anyone know the significance of that day?

Will be his 24th Birthday on that day

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:41 am

bokka wrote:
Culprit wrote:
That's a bit steep, I couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't play the odd poor game at his age and be dropped for a week or 2, or miss games through injury. But I'll bet that he will be an integral and important part of the team next season (especially the latter half) barring injury.

hmmmm, how can you be an integral part of the team when you get dropped? Rolling Eyes I have obviously a different interpretation of integral. My view is this, if we had a full list Tex struggles to be in the 22 on his performances so far and that can be put down to age and inexperience. Many people said those same things for years about Ben Kinnear and he ended up retiring on the mantle of “improvement and potential”. We have all seen Tex do some good things, but those are few and far between to be an integral part of the team for this year and on current form for next year as well.

We all need a Ben Kinnear in our Team and Tex now has the mantle.
Twisted Evil
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:57 am

Culprit wrote:
We all need a Ben Kinnear in our Team and Tex now has the mantle. Twisted Evil

Wrong Culprit.
I spoke to BK a few weeks ago and he definitely gave his MM photos to Andrew Williams. Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:04 am

rofl, he must have gave them to O'Bree too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: